Street Fighter V Is a PS4 and PC Exclusive

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    I like what they are doing to differentiate him from Ryu, and making him less of a shoto clone and more his own character.

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the beta!!

Have my TE2 ready to go!

2. Post
    They're ****ing with us subliminally...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	205431

I guess Honda's announcement is next

3. Post

4. Post
    Yeah im gona link whore

Character looks good. Akuma + Able + Super Saiyan?
    Last edited by MysticNZ; 20th July 2015 at 5:30 pm.

5. Post
    Not even a boss!

6. Post
    Was hoping we would see our first NZ inspired character. Still quite cool though.

7. Post
    So it's a Aztec using a nz stage?

8. Post
    Apparently. At least the name is of Aztec origin, or so I've read.

9. Post
    Too bad they fked it up then. It should be necaliliztli.

My Honda guess was off, kind of looked like him. Only 16 fighters selectable to start with, four of those to be new characters which seems really light for a fighting game. Can only assume they've got at least that many again in DLC

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Arcades haven't been relevant for eons outside of Japan and even there it's been a gradually dying niche market.
    Bull, there's at least 12 arcades in NZ not including arcade machines in takeaway bars and whatnot. There's also 40+ in Australia and 300+ in the US. There's over 1000 in the SEA region.

11. Post
    that hair

12. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Bull, there's at least 12 arcades in NZ not including arcade machines in takeaway bars and whatnot. There's also 40+ in Australia and 300+ in the US. There's over 1000 in the SEA region.
    1. GG on replying dredging up a 6+ month conversation that's long since over.
    2. How is the actual patronage of customers to these arcades? The fact that most (if not all) arcades that you'd find in this country at least are just a "side attraction" and not the actual main business (Eg Time Out housed in a Burger King, movie theatre, bowling alley; your takeaways example) in most cases tells you a lot.

IMO it'd be safe to assume that home console game sales for any particular entry made in at least the last ten years in most big name AAA fighter franchises would spectacularly dwarf lifetime patronage of respective arcade versions.

13. Post
    I own an arcade... em.

SF5 isn't really doing it for me eh. It feels dumb'd down and too slow. God is miss parrys. If you guys love that stuff, watch JR, he's epic (competes in evo when he's not a broke ass) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUH...Qfx_yV6AWojKqA

2:10 and 3:35

3rd strike was just so perfect.

14. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    SF5 isn't really doing it for me eh. It feels dumb'd down and too slow.
    Confirmed on Eventhubs with videos to be faster than SF4.
    Also everyone said SF4 looked "dumbed down" before it came out, I think V-Skills look awesome and bring something unique to every character. I'm not worried about "dumbed down" I still happily play Hyper Fighting which is amazing in it's simplicity and balance, fundamentals rule all!
    While I love Third Strike the parry system was off putting to a lot of people. It boiled down to those that could parry and those that couldn't and getting it right meant a LOT of time practicing something that was a crucial element to the game. I could parry and it meant my more casual friends hated playing me.

15. Post
    Parrying didn't take a lot to learn though. SF4's focus dash cancel was ****ing hard to learn in comparison. In fact, overall, sf4 was far harder to play than sf3 imo. Trying to get evil ryu's crazy combos, or onis took me days and days to get down. Once you stop playing, it's like learning it all over again.

I'm a little annoyed the chip game has gone and that raw non-combo attacks seem to be the focus.

One game I think that has it almost right is KI & MK X.

Season 2 for KI turned out way better than I expected.

16. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The fact that most (if not all) arcades that you'd find in this country at least are just a "side attraction" and not the actual main business (Eg Time Out housed in a Burger King, movie theatre, bowling alley; your takeaways example) in most cases tells you a lot.
    Tells you what? One hand feeds the other? It's smart thinking to have stores close to each other. That's why Lottos are part of Pak n Saves, and postshops are part of Kiwibanks or bookstores. It's convenience. That's why most of Auckland's arcades are in Queen St.

Yifans moved from somewhere underground to somewhere more accessible. I don't know the real reason for their move but hell the first time I went there I couldn't even find the place.

17. Post
    I picked up a PS4 day one. The general consensus up until the weekend was that nobody cared because there were no next-gen exclusive games to worry about, very few people cared about KI on Xbone.
    The FGC will just shift to PS4 when this comes out but there is no reason to earlier unless you really want to play Guilty Gear Xrd on PS4 instead of PS3. I'm just getting the PS3 version of GG:Xrd because PS3 sticks don't work on PS4. I asked the games rep at Mighty Ape today to look into the new SF4:Ultra stick which works on both PS3 and PS4

18. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Yifans moved from somewhere underground to somewhere more accessible.
    Yifans new location is far from more accessible.

19. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    Yifans new location is far from more accessible.
    As opposed to what? Being underground and nobody from the main road knows it exists?

20. Post
    LindseySteward wrote:
    I picked up a PS4 day one. The general consensus up until the weekend was that nobody cared because there were no next-gen exclusive games to worry about, very few people cared about KI on Xbone.
    The FGC will just shift to PS4 when this comes out but there is no reason to earlier unless you really want to play Guilty Gear Xrd on PS4 instead of PS3. I'm just getting the PS3 version of GG:Xrd because PS3 sticks don't work on PS4. I asked the games rep at Mighty Ape today to look into the new SF4:Ultra stick which works on both PS3 and PS4
    Yeah it sux that Arcsys didn't implement a driver like Skullgirls and MKX that let you use PS3 sticks on PS4.
    I actuallly work at MA just not in sales. We already sold out of one shipment of PS4/PS3 TE2 sticks and have more due August https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...3-PS4/23000717 unless of course you really want the one with the Ultra artwork but I hate the orange buttons/ball top on that model. It's super easy to open up and change the artwork yourself anyway, didn't matter what artwork mine came with I always intended to change it.
    I got GG:Xrd on PS3 originally but will upgrade to PS4 soon, I didn't think it would make much difference until I saw the PS4 version running recently!

21. Post
    Once KI hits the PC, ill prolly sell my xbone. Only game on it. Maybe I'll get a PS4... donno, since SF5 is on PC as well.

22. Post
    PS4 beta starts tomorrow I think (and runs for 5 days), if you pre-order from Amazon they'll send you a beta code, and you can cancel your pre-order if you don't want to buy (they don't charge your CC until game is shipped).

23. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    As opposed to what? Being underground and nobody from the main road knows it exists?
    And now it is up three flights of stairs where all shops are abandoned/damaged and it smells bad with less games, some which don't work and a guy that's never at the counter.

Main street was 1000 times better.

24. Post
    Pointless arguement is pointless. If Yifans is still up those stairs it won't be for long.

supaworm wrote:
    Breaking Sad News Duane Inform Yifan will be official close for ever RIP

:'( :'( :'(
    http://www.standingfierce.com/forum/...ic.php?f=8&t=4

25. Post
    Not surprised, hope I get access to beta bring on Charlie!