Street Fighter V Is a PS4 and PC Exclusive

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

Street Fighter V Is a PS4 and PC Exclusive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rd4tifr5ub7otfqjogtd.png 
Views:	488 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	200633

Street Fighter V has been apparently announced as a PS4 and PC exclusive in what's believed a teaser trailer for the game.

NeoGAF user Unlucky Kate reports that a YouTube clip, which has since been set to private, revealed the new title. However, it's still unclear if the trailer appeared on Capcom's site or was leaked.

While these supposed leaked teaser says SFV is an "exclusive" for PS4 and PC, it would be very surprising to see the game not get an arcade release (and since modern arcade games run on computer hardware, the PC inclusion certainly makes sense). Moreover, since the word "exclusive" increasingly means "time exclusive," the game could eventually appear on the Xbox One—just like Xbox One exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider will make its way to other platforms.

http://a.pomf.se/uxpcau.webm

3. Post
    PC is a windows platform and the xbone runs a modified version of the windows 8 so once you've got a game running on PC it will be easy to just move it on to the xbone, there is really no reason not to launch on xbone if its coming to PC or vice versa

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    PC is a windows platform and the xbone runs a modified version of the windows 8 so once you've got a game running on PC it will be easy to just move it on to the xbone, there is really no reason not to launch on xbone if its coming to PC or vice versa
    Sony paying for console exclusivity is the only reason required.

5. Post
    How much of a financial pickle were Capcom in?

6. Post
    Ugh this sucks. Bought an xbone last week.

7. Post
    Wake me up once they release the first "Super" version ~8-12 months later. You know it's coming, you're a complete fool if you buy this first iteration and then turn around and complain that your game is being made obsolete already.

8. Post
    Surprised to see this announcement so close on the heels of Ultra SF4 which landed not long ago.
    Usually they arcade test upcoming releases to tune the balance of the game. SF5 going straight to PS4/PC is an interesting oddness.

9. Post
    Werelock wrote:
    Usually they arcade test upcoming releases to tune the balance of the game. SF5 going straight to PS4/PC is an interesting oddness.
    Arcades haven't been relevant for eons outside of Japan and even there it's been a gradually dying niche market.

10. Post
    You mean asia eva. Arcardes are a big thing in south east asia

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Arcades haven't been relevant for eons outside of Japan and even there it's been a gradually dying niche market.
    So these days, the testing's done per platform directly? I thought SF4 was beta'd via arcade machines but guessing that's wrong.

12. Post
    Werelock wrote:
    So these days, the testing's done per platform directly? I thought SF4 was beta'd via arcade machines but guessing that's wrong.
    No you're right.

13. Post
    Yifans will get this hopefully

14. Post
    there will be cross platform multiplayer between ps4 and pc

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/st...11733332066304

15. Post
    Awesome. Capcom will get my money, yet again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFV.JPG 
Views:	273 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	200657

Shots like this of Ryu v Chun Li look new I think, possibly from SFV

16. Post

17. Post
    You picked up ps4 gene? What's the general consensus in the nz fighting community?

18. Post
    jords wrote:
    How much of a financial pickle were Capcom in?
    They have been in shit for ages.

What will happen though is the Ultra version will come out on xbone, or another modified version.

This is why consoles suck ass.

19. Post
    Werelock wrote:
    Surprised to see this announcement so close on the heels of Ultra SF4 which landed not long ago.
    And Omega is yet to come, which is what SF5 seems very much based on..

I'm somewhat ****ed off, but since it's coming to PC, they have kind of saved it. Think there would have been a revolt if not.

Stupid ****ing move by Capcom though. Sony must have offered more money.

20. Post
    This is more akin to the Bayo 2 deal and not the TR Xbone deal right?

21. Post
    jords wrote:
    This is more akin to the Bayo 2 deal and not the TR Xbone deal right?
    We don't know and if anyone on GP claims otherwise they're full of shit.

22. Post
    jords wrote:
    You picked up ps4 gene? What's the general consensus in the nz fighting community?
    I picked up a PS4 day one. The general consensus up until the weekend was that nobody cared because there were no next-gen exclusive games to worry about, very few people cared about KI on Xbone.
    The FGC will just shift to PS4 when this comes out but there is no reason to earlier unless you really want to play Guilty Gear Xrd on PS4 instead of PS3. I'm just getting the PS3 version of GG:Xrd because PS3 sticks don't work on PS4. I asked the games rep at Mighty Ape today to look into the new SF4:Ultra stick which works on both PS3 and PS4.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    We don't know and if anyone on GP claims otherwise they're full of shit.
    Only thing we can go by is Boyes saying developed with Sony.

24. Post
    jords wrote:
    Only thing we can go by is Boyes saying developed with Sony.
    Can you point me to a link with official confirmation that Sony bank-rolled SF5? How about an official statement that SF5's development wouldn't have happened without a deal? Exactly, we don't know.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 25th July 2015 at 3:24 pm.

25. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Wake me up once they release the first "Super" version ~8-12 months later. You know it's coming, you're a complete fool if you buy this first iteration and then turn around and complain that your game is being made obsolete already.
    Wake me up when they announce Street Fighter VI. That's the only way to really be sure that they're finished pumping out versions. There may well be a super version, but what about the Super Ultra Hyper Sandwich version?

26. Post
    Hey mate, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out NINE MONTHS after the vanilla release, instantly making it obsolete. There is bloody precedence right there in the immediate past to be a smart consumer.