(1 vote)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Hopefully one day I will

2. Post
    No banshee?
    Poo to you :P

3. Post
    I would have had true detective in my top5 but finding the killer in the end seemed a bit anti climatic .

Havnt seen any of hannible or fargo yet i guess i better get binge watxhing

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    2. Hannibal
    You broke my heart, man.

5. Post
    DeVi| D0do wrote:
    You broke my heart, man.
    Kinda like how Will broke Hannibal's heart? Please dont gut me

steveNtake wrote:
    I finding the killer in the end seemed a bit anti climactic
    Finding one of the killers

6. Post
    To me, TD wasn't about the resolution of the crimes so much as it was about the journey of the characters. I didn't find the ending lacklustre at all.

7. Post
    No Newsroom?

8. Post
    Swampy wrote:
    No banshee?
    Poo to you :P
    inferii wrote:
    No Newsroom?
    No sorry. But feel free to make your own lists

9. Post
    #1 true detective, Gwarden made the best and only choice.

10. Post
    Rick and Morty and Fargo have been exceptional this year.

11. Post
    Watched the first 9 episode of Fargo because of this thread.How the hell I missed it before I don't know.
    Looking forward to the last episode

12. Post
    Shortland St had an anticlimactic climax with three love triangles on the go. Just mix and match the characters = drama.

Banshee was cool. BrBa was my highlight (finally got around to watching it). Haven't seen anything else in this thread.

13. Post
    Need to try harder with Fargo but it really didn't catch me with the first ep...

The Americans, Hannibal and True Detective were definitely my favourites for the year, and of course Mad Men, which I still adore and Boardwalk Empire, whose finale I probably enjoyed more than most and I had a hell of a fun time with Penny Dreadful, The Red Road, Game of Thrones (of course), The Leftovers and The Knick. They're all shows that I'm gonna keep up with.

Honourable mentions to Arrow, The Flash and The Walking Dead which I all enjoyed thoroughly but they're not really in the same tier.

Shows that I'm gonna either start up or try again based on Gwarden's thread here: Fargo, Agents of SHIELD, Louie (never watched it, despite enjoying Louis CK's stand-up a lot) and Rick & Morty.

It's not often I get far enough into a show to make a decent judgment about how good it is but the shows that I feel I might've were The Strain and Helix. They were both a bit shit from the get-go and didn't really get a whole lot better. There were things that might have made me want to keep on watching but the things that annoyed me about them got a bit insurmountable.

Love the thread as always Gwarden you da man

14. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    It's not often I get far enough into a show to make a decent judgment about how good it is but the shows that I feel I might've were The Strain and Helix. They were both a bit shit from the get-go and didn't really get a whole lot better. There were things that might have made me want to keep on watching but the things that annoyed me about them got a bit insurmountable.

Love the thread as always Gwarden you da man
    I kinda enjoyed watching Helix just because it was such a trainwreck.

Going to start watching Hannibal soon, seems to be getting a lot of praise.

15. Post
    Agree with every pick except Marvel and Boardwalk Empire. That season was bad even by Boardwalk standards. Having a good final 10 minutes doesn't make up for shutting down character arcs rushing the show to an early finish.

16. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I kinda enjoyed watching Helix just because it was such a trainwreck.
    CODChimera and his strange reasons for watching shows continue

17. Post
    I'm still catching up on Boardwalk Empire, I've avoided reading anything about the new seasons, just watched S03E10 tonight, awesome episode, then saw Murakami's comment above about the new season being bad

18. Post
    Season 4 was pretty good though.

19. Post
    DW wrote:
    I'm still catching up on Boardwalk Empire, I've avoided reading anything about the new seasons, just watched S03E10 tonight, awesome episode, then saw Murakami's comment above about the new season being bad
    A lot of people still enjoyed it. I didn't really like it outside of a few moments though.