Does Destiny have any real longevity?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Bungie have stated they want to keep matchmaking out so users can organize raid teams themselves and therefore make the experience more social, leaving users to recruit and befriend on their own terms.

I'm basically in the same situation as chickenman, though luckily nowadays I have a decent friends list and usually send or receive invites without issue. Took a while to get to that point though.

I guess it does make the experience more inclusive, it may help to combat random users dropping in and out. I've never had this from friends raids. Bungie forums have a recruiting section and have had members come and go like crazy.

Anyway, stupidly addicted to the game even for all its dozens of flaws. The daily, weekly, bounty based missions eats up my time and I've saved money whoring this repetitive mind numbing game in order to level up what little gear I've got, rather than getting bored and purchasing other new releases.

The other huge positive is the community. Some of the gp lads I've gamed with are top fellows and we have a blast on whatever missions are going. So often I find myself helping or being helped on bounties and missions.

I'm done with pointing out the negative coz it ain't going to change. But I ask myself why am I spending so much time trying to level up.. What's the point, especially if the next dlc allows purchase items much like TDB does.

I guess it's just the social element keeping me coming back (raiding the new year in being a particular highlight)

Another special whinge though :most of us have the dlc, but making daily / weekly / nightfall missions dlc exclusive is an evil move, really rubbing the players who don't have it noses right in the dirt.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 2nd January 2015 at 5:04 pm.

2. Post
    Been playing the Story and doing patrols, quite liking it.

Just tried the Crucible, and as I expected, another COD fanboy camping rapefest.

3. Post
    JaseNZ wrote:
    Been playing the Story and doing patrols, quite liking it.

Just tried the Crucible, and as I expected, another COD fanboy camping rapefest.
    I would hardly call Destiny PvP COD style camping... even COD doesn't really have camping (now, at least) with movement being so frenetic... what maps were you playing?