1. Post

... And so ends my interest is conspiracy theories, thanks to Madonna!

The real Illuminati emerged during the age of Enlightenment! 1650! They were Philosophers, Writers and Scientists! The liberation of the mind from dogmatic state of ignorance" was the ideal. Nothing to do with black magic or money or power! They were illuminated in their thinking. Hence the Illuminati!
    - Madonna

This explains why every time I go down a particular conspiracy theory route, I generally find myself on some religious site, or the author follows some religion. If you search for conspiracy theories, you often find yourself eventually reading about the anti-christ or endtimes, etc.

The real illuminati are trying to free the mind from delusion and dogma, that 1,000s of years of religious indoctrination have embedded in peoples beliefs and thinking. This is what the churches, religions, etc. really fear, the loss of their power over the people. Thinking about this a bit more, this is also likely why the Islamic terrorists, etc., fear the west so much. Its our free and open thinking they fear the most and the loss of control over their people.

2. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    - Madonna

This explains why every time I go down a particular conspiracy theory route, I generally find myself on some religious site, or the author follows some religion. If you search for conspiracy theories, you often find yourself eventually reading about the anti-christ or endtimes, etc.

The real illuminati are trying to free the mind from delusion and dogma, that 1,000s of years of religious indoctrination have embedded in peoples beliefs and thinking. This is what the churches, religions, etc. really fear, the loss of their power over the people. Thinking about this a bit more, this is also likely why the Islamic terrorists, etc., fear the west so much. Its our free and open thinking they fear the most and the loss of control over their people.
    IS isnt only scared of the west, they are scared of any open thinkers including English athiests, American christians or Egyptian muslims..

3. Post
    You could just be frequenting conspiracies which have had long traditions within religious circles, leading you further into Christian dominated conspiracy theory. I know someone who can spend an unhealthy amount of time on the YouTube alien videos and I doubt they experience the same exposure to the religious theorists that you're facing.
    Last edited by refused; 27th December 2014 at 10:39 am.

4. Post
    loss of control on the people? lol, not sure we're living in the same times, man. People are just controlled by consumerism mantra, rather than religious mantra now days.

5. Post
    ^ perhaps that applies in the west, but I think religious control is still a thing in other parts of the world.

6. Post
    is no religion, a religious control? *cough* China

7. Post

8. Post
    can someone get kiwitt into nick land, i think that'd be a better story arc tbh

9. Post
    I suggest reading chapter 7 of this instead of watered down interpretations of cogsci claptrap.

10. Post
    My youtube wonders into strange places - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLKwLvYMcDE

The above video alludes to a "Satanic Elite", and I relate "Belief is Satan" as the equivalent of "Belief in God". One of the things that is now concluding in me is that "conspiracy theories" are much like "beliefs in Gods", i.e. irrational. Finding "meaning" to events, when there is none, and patterns where there is really just chaos, etc.

11. Post
    But what guys you believe about American elite? Do these people control the world?

12. Post
    Just read Marx lol

- - - Updated - - -

or idk if you're a liberal Hardt & Negri's Empire even though it's kinda garbage

13. Post
    GuruOfGaming wrote:
    But what guys you believe about American elite? Do these people control the world?
    I see the global elite kind of like P2P network, there is no singular point of authority but they all subtly work together to for their own benefit.

14. Post
    is ICANN a point of authority

15. Post

16. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    is no religion, a religious control? *cough* China
    Political religions. North Korea being the prime example.

Just on a side note - I LOL hard when people point to the ills of the Soviet Union and NK as examples of non-religious society when in fact they both share their main bad trait with religion - DOGMA

17. Post
    ahaha yes capitalism is entirely free of ideology --- no dogma 2 b found

(also reminder that the ussr was good and to support the dprk in their struggle against imperialism etc. http://www.greanvillepost.com/2015/0...unkindest-cut/ )

18. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    ahaha yes capitalism is entirely free of ideology --- no dogma 2 b found

(also reminder that the ussr was good and to support the dprk in their struggle against imperialism etc. http://www.greanvillepost.com/2015/0...unkindest-cut/ )
    Not saying it is void of dogma. but it's silly to compare the two. Its not like we get erased from history if we speak ill of it for a start.

19. Post
    Thats true, but its not like we can chose to not participate without some severe repercusions.

20. Post

The Family: inside the sinister sect that has infected western democracy

This! --- Along with The Great Hack --- the behind the scenes side of politics is now coming out ---

"The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plans." - Benjamin Disraeli in the 19th Century.

With all the 21st century tools of today, who knows what THEY are up to now!

Maybe I need to re-evaluate my position on Conspiracy Theories

21. Post
    The great hack was interesting.

The family is pretty average.

22. Post
    Heres a weird conspiracy I just thought of. Conspiracy theorists are often wary of vacines, so maybe this recent Measles outbreak is designed to reduce the population of a number of conspiracy theorists. But what counters this, is there is probably easier and more lethal ways to do it.