Access to Buy, Sell & Trade

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
Results 26 to 50 of 132

  1. Post
    #26
    New rule idea: must post your online banking login to get access to BST.

    Anyone? No?

  2. Post
    #27
    drunk_monk wrote:
    Bro you're just 32 posts away. Get into some discussion as you might like it. If you don't it'll only take a day or so anyway and you can ignore the other parts again.
    I did it! I reached the hundred (unlike the blackcaps top order in the second innings).
    Must admit, the more you post/engage yourself, the more you enjoy the forums!

    cheers guys

  3. Post
    #28
    philsawtell wrote:
    hey mate I build gaming computers for a living and would like access to bst could you please grant me access my mobile number is 0220868174 my email is philsawtell5@GMAIL.COM and my address is 2/146 eye st, Appleby,invercargill I am not a scammer I am a genuine guy who doesn't have time to post 100 posts
    Did you ever manage to get that russian gf of yours from 4 years ago over from Russia?

    I wonder if you are aware that this information is all publicly available and you just proffered up every bit of info needed to get it without a single bit of effort.

  4. Post
    #29
    New rule request: if you haven't made at least fifty posts in the last three months, BST access should be revoked until you do.

  5. Post
    #30
    teelo7 wrote:
    New rule request: if you haven't made at least fifty posts in the last three months, BST access should be revoked until you do.
    Personally I disagree with this. I understand the premise for it but a lot of people, myself included, read more than we post and you can argue that we should be participating more but that encourages saying something when you don't really have anything to add in a lot of topics. I mean, quality > quantity comes to mind.

    Forgetting the suggested post count, I think something that requires you to be active without encouraging posting to meet a quota such as hopping on the website ~10x or so a month, could include only threads to count towards this and not in BST. Anyway, just food for thought.

    Of course this suggests I have a problem with the 100 post count in general, but I don't because I can't think of another viable solution & it's a one-off thing rather than on-going.

  6. Post
    #31
    The reason for my suggested rule is because of the "who the **** are you?" clause when people like you barely post. Also in hindsight, fifty is a bit extreme. Maybe twenty. Should easily be able to make twenty quality posts every 3 months imo.

  7. Post
    #32
    Well this is going to take a while, 100 posts no issue but 30 days is going to be a while

  8. Post
    #33
    limegreen wrote:
    Well this is going to take a while, 100 posts no issue but 30 days is going to be a while
    There's always trademe

  9. Post
    #34
    teelo7 wrote:
    The reason for my suggested rule is because of the "who the **** are you?" clause when people like you barely post. Also in hindsight, fifty is a bit extreme. Maybe twenty. Should easily be able to make twenty quality posts every 3 months imo.
    Don't agree. The onus is on new members to sufficiently demonstrate the necessary criteria and establish themselves as a community member, not on existing members to have to continuously revalidate their standing.

  10. Post
    #35
    20 posts every 3 months is pretty generous. You've made more than that, so I don't know why you're against it.

    limegreen, on the other hand, has only ever made one post, in this thread. Obvious example of the "who the **** are you" filter, imo.

  11. Post
    #36
    I don't need to be directly affected by it to be against it. Plenty of people go into lurker mode for spells here then come back, if I had previously been active and then decided arbitrarily I don't have more than 20 things to say in 3mths, I dont expect to come back having to hit post count x just to do something I been able to quite happily in the past. Not that I am going to but I should be able to piss off until xmas with zero activity if I want and come back with my full access to BST immediately.

  12. Post
    #37
    D'angelo wrote:
    I don't need to be directly affected by it to be against it. Plenty of people go into lurker mode for spells here then come back, if I had previously been active and then decided arbitrarily I don't have more than 20 things to say in 3mths, I dont expect to come back having to hit post count x just to do something I been able to quite happily in the past. Not that I am going to but I should be able to piss off until xmas with zero activity if I want and come back with my full access to BST immediately.
    Fully agree with you on that man.

  13. Post
    #38
    Thankfully, Teelo doesn't make the rules around here, so you guys have no worries

  14. Post
    #39
    limegreen wrote:
    Well this is going to take a while, 100 posts no issue but 30 days is going to be a while
    Exactly why it's there btw..

    If you came only for BST, you shouldn't of come. Do you think people are going to be comfortable trading with someone who hasn't even been here for a month?

  15. Post
    #40
    Made a new account and will not be using this one any longer.. Is it possible to transfer my access to me new account?
    At the rate I post at, it'll take me until next year to get access

    New profile is: chasiubau

    Edit: It's OK if it's not possible. I'll just wait it out

  16. Post
    #41
    Hi

    I am new but would love acces to the Buy and Sell forum. I am looking for second hand ps4 games

  17. Post
    #42
    Cam05050 wrote:
    Hi

    I am new but would love acces to the Buy and Sell forum. I am looking for second hand ps4 games
    Go to trademe.

  18. Post
    #43
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Go to trademe.
    Trademe is full of dealers who sit watching all day so they can buy everything cheap and resell it for insane prices.....

  19. Post
    #44
    Cam05050 wrote:
    Trademe is full of dealers who sit watching all day so they can buy everything cheap and resell it for insane prices.....
    You don't belong here. We can tell, because you're asking for access.

  20. Post
    #45
    What? so asking for access so I can purchase games that others want to sell means I don't belong? Mind explaining your logic?

  21. Post
    #46
    Cam05050 wrote:
    What? so asking for access so I can purchase games that others want to sell means I don't belong? Mind explaining your logic?
    Access to BST is a privilege for existing members of the forums. If you stay and participate in the forums, eventually you will get access.

  22. Post
    #47
    Cam05050 wrote:
    Trademe is full of dealers who sit watching all day so they can buy everything cheap and resell it for insane prices.....
    BST is there for regular users, you are not.
    BST access is restricted to reduce the incidence of scam listings and failed trades. You must have been a GP Forums member for at least 30 days and have at least 100 posts before you will be granted access to BST. Access is granted automatically by usergroup promotion, which occurs once per hour.
    Either post in the forums and become part of the community or go away, if you just post crap then nobody will want to buy from you either.

  23. Post
    #48
    I am aware of that, hence why I asked if I could be given access, I never demanded anything, simply requested consideration. I am happy to participate and have done so in other parts of the forum, however am in the process of looking for ps4 games so would like to purchase them via the BST. I pose no risk to the other members of the BST as the buyer is the one who holds the risk when you pay for the item.

  24. Post
    #49
    Cam05050 wrote:
    I am aware of that, hence why I asked if I could be given access, I never demanded anything, simply requested consideration. I am happy to participate and have done so in other parts of the forum, however am in the process of looking for ps4 games so would like to purchase them via the BST. I pose no risk to the other members of the BST as the buyer is the one who holds the risk when you pay for the item.
    Regardless of what you may think or claim, the rules are there for a reason. Either stay, contribute to the forums and wait your time, or try Trademe.

  25. Post
    #50
    Can a mod PM me my email from my original account (Sic.Verse) or possibly change it, I think I deleted my GMAIL account associated with it. ;/