Access to Buy, Sell & Trade

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 51 to 75 of 125

  1. Post
    #51
    Sic.V2 wrote:
    Can a mod PM me my email from my original account (Sic.Verse) or possibly change it, I think I deleted my GMAIL account associated with it. ;/
    PMed

  2. Post
    #52
    Cam05050 wrote:
    I am aware of that, hence why I asked if I could be given access, I never demanded anything, simply requested consideration. I am happy to participate and have done so in other parts of the forum, however am in the process of looking for ps4 games so would like to purchase them via the BST. I pose no risk to the other members of the BST as the buyer is the one who holds the risk when you pay for the item.
    Its simple: by asking for access on a freshly created account, you've shown you can't be trusted.

  3. Post
    #53
    teelo7 wrote:
    Its simple: by asking for access on a freshly created account, you've shown you can't be trusted.
    Because he wants to buy games? Perhaps stop being a **** to new members.

    Posts like this aren't useful/very welcoming:

    Viilai wrote:
    You don't belong here. We can tell, because you're asking for access.
    I'm probably one of the higher-volume buyers/sellers in the BST section for the last 10 years, I can understand the rule being in place to prevent scammers who list things for sale, and that its much easier to restrict access completely rather than trying to differentiate between buying and selling, but I would otherwise have zero problems selling to a new user (and I have many times over the years before the new rules were implemented), and can understand why a new member who likes to buy second hand games would want to be able to access the BST forums.

    He's not hurting anyone by asking and it doesn't look like he has argued KevinL's response, just replied to a bunch of stupid posts telling him he "doesn't belong".

  4. Post
    #54
    DW wrote:
    Because he wants to buy games? Perhaps stop being a **** to new members.

    Posts like this aren't useful/very welcoming:



    I'm probably one of the higher-volume buyers/sellers in the BST section for the last 10 years, I can understand the rule being in place to prevent scammers who list things for sale, and that its much easier to restrict access completely rather than trying to differentiate between buying and selling, but I would otherwise have zero problems selling to a new user (and I have many times over the years before the new rules were implemented), and can understand why a new member who likes to buy second hand games would want to be able to access the BST forums.

    He's not hurting anyone by asking and it doesn't look like he has argued KevinL's response, just replied to a bunch of stupid posts telling him he "doesn't belong".
    Thanks, I was simply making an inquiry for the consideration of the forum.

    I have no intention of simply using the BST without contributing to the rest of the forum and have made an effort to do so in-order to portray my interest in the entire forum as well as the ability to purchase second hand games. I am sure many of you are aware of the state of trade-me (dealers have been driving up prices and then selling them on at insane prices to parents who are otherwise unaware.

  5. Post
    #55
    I wouldn't take DW's words to heart, he's more interested in biasm against people than opinions.

    The rules exist for a reason, they've been stated clearly and they're there to protect members of the community, asking for bare minimum participation to get access is already doing you a favor. This is a community that has an avenue to buy/sell/trade, it's not a buy/sell/trade forum. It's great if you want to contribute to the community here but if they give you a shortcut because you say you're trustworthy then everyone's going to expect it.

    For the record, telling someone you're trustworthy is no different from not saying anything whatsoever on the matter.

    Perhaps the original post here is a bit open to interpretation simply for the reasons it doesn't specifically state it's only granted via automation. If you became a full member of the community and gained access and it was opened up to everyone again I don't think you'd be too happy about the result of that yourself.

  6. Post
    #56
    Villai for once posted something correct.Excellent sum up of the rules

  7. Post
    #57
    Viilai wrote:
    I wouldn't take DW's words to heart, he's more interested in biasm against people than opinions.
    I'm interested in new members not being put off using GP by people with terrible social skills.

  8. Post
    #58
    DW wrote:
    I'm interested in new members not being put off using GP by people with terrible social skills.
    I might have poor social skills, but that doesn't mean you put people off any less than I do.

    For the record, social skills don't really carry over on the internet, people act how they want regardless.

    Oh, I forgot to add something here. You claim to care about the perception of GP that newcomers have, and you're well aware you're trying to provoke me, so tell me, as someone who thinks he has good social skills, would starting an argument deter or alienate newcomers?

    I went fishing and caught a devil's advocate.

  9. Post
    #59
    Viilai wrote:
    Perhaps the original post here is a bit open to interpretation simply for the reasons it doesn't specifically state it's only granted via automation.
    Occasionally there are exceptions - e.g. old/well known posters who for some reason haven't met the (IMO modest) post count requirement, or people who change their handles.

  10. Post
    #60
    KevinL wrote:
    Occasionally there are exceptions - e.g. old/well known posters who for some reason haven't met the (IMO modest) post count requirement, or people who change their handles.
    Bah, I mean for newcomers

  11. Post
    #61
    I think I just made it been here for already 7 years.!

  12. Post
    #62
    4leaf wrote:
    I think I just made it been here for already 7 years.!
    Too bad youve spammed a bunch today.

  13. Post
    #63
    iludez wrote:
    Too bad youve spammed a bunch today.
    lol, only about 5~6 post, didn't meant to get this.

  14. Post
    #64
    Lol @ his profile views skyrocketing yesterday/today.

  15. Post
    #65
    I'm trying to add the BST forum RSS feed to an RSS reader (a chrome extension).
    It doesn't seem to add - I'm guessing it's an accessibility thing because other GPForums RSSes work. I can access BST from my account.

    Any suggestions on how to workaround? Anyone able to subscribe to the BST RSS in any way?

  16. Post
    #66
    What a crock of sh**. I've now had my post deleted and told I have no chance of BST access. Great way to put off new members.

  17. Post
    #67
    LikeBruceLee wrote:
    What a crock of sh**. I've now had my post deleted and told I have no chance of BST access. Great way to put off new members.
    We have a rule here of 100 minimum posts, you went and spammed posts in year old threads then tried to sell outside of BST, the rules are pretty clear and are there to protect our members of these forums

  18. Post
    #68
    I'm trying to buy a joystick in the BST section that a member told me about so trying to get access that's all.

  19. Post
    #69
    LikeBruceLee wrote:
    I'm trying to buy a joystick in the BST section that a member told me about so trying to get access that's all.
    Well the rules in place are there for a very good reason, the bst forum is just a perk of being a contributor on this forum.

    Please don't try circumvent the rules,

  20. Post
    #70
    Ask them to list it on TM. Problem solved.

  21. Post
    #71
    I might buy it out of spite, and post a vid of me smashing it.

  22. Post
    #72
    Think we could have his name changed to NotLikeBruceLee?

  23. Post
    #73
    Viilai wrote:
    Think we could have his name changed to NotLikeBruceLee?
    Seconded.

  24. Post
    #74
    Viilai wrote:
    Think we could have his name changed to NotLikeBruceLee?
    teelo7 wrote:
    Seconded.
    Thirded

  25. Post
    #75
    Viilai wrote:
    Think we could have his name changed to NotLikeBruceLee?
    teelo7 wrote:
    Seconded.
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Thirded
    Fourthed.