The Expanse

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    My body is ready, I just marathoned the past seasons and enjoyed it even more on second viewing.

Bring it!

2. Post
    Planning to finally get a 4K TV in the near future just in time to see this in all its 4k glory!!

3. Post

4. Post
    Yeaaaaaa buddy

5. Post
    Epstein drive didnt kill itself.

6. Post
    Name:  9189283.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  41.7 KB

7. Post
    That looks like its going to be a little different to the book. Still looks great though. Bezos money has been good for it.

8. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    That looks like its going to be a little different to the book. Still looks great though. Bezos money has been good for it.
    All of the TV shows have been a little different to the books though.

9. Post
    Not long to go!! Just found out they will be airing the whole season over 10 consecutive nights instead of weekly

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Not long to go!! Just found out they will be airing the whole season over 10 consecutive nights instead of weekly
    Sweet, its the kind of show that benefits from a binge watch.

11. Post
    It looks like the full season is up and accessible.

First ep down, and as expected, its good shit. Gorgeous, slow burning mystery sci fi although the visual effects are a bit inconsistent in quality.

12. Post
    Yeah whole season is up!! The TV calendar I use has it as 1 episode per night for some reason but glad its wrong

13. Post
    Anyone else have any issues with the aspect ratio/resolution changing from time to time? One minute it will be full screen and the next there'll be black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. WHen I pause it when there are bars on the screen it says 1080p but is 4k when its full screen. Is it meant to be like this cos I think the black bars are only on the screen when they're on New Terra.

EDIT: oh it's intentional so we get a wider view of New Terra

https://www.newsweek.com/expanse-sea...e-ilus-1454120

Really enjoyed the first 3 eps although the Bobby stuff does seem a bit unnecessary.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 14th December 2019 at 1:03 am.

14. Post
    Just finished this. Thought it was great although I still think I enjoyed the previous seasons a bit more but that's probably cos I like the space stuff more.

Was a bit sad at the end when
    Spoiler:

Bobby's stuff seemed a bit filler but I think that will pay off next season.

15. Post
    Just watched the 1st ep, awesome.
    But man, it seems like they cranked up the swearing a whole bunch hahaha

16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Bobby's stuff seemed a bit filler but I think that will pay off next season.

I'm about halfway through, this is bothering me quite a bit. Previous seasons the cast was all over the place doing various things but you could see it all tied together, not exactly how in the details, but it was all clearly related and more importantly, converging towards a point.

Now we have bobbies criminal career, avarsalas political campaign, whatever in the **** the OPA is up to, and holden dealing with the alien shit, its all very disjointed and seemingly unrelated. The stakes have never been higher than now, but it feels the opposite. A lot of the show is kinda dragging for me :/
    There used to be quite a bit of subtely to the factions' relationships but now the whole inners vs belters conflict is disney pocahontas level cringe.

There's so little good scifi on TV i feel super shitty complaining about this, its still enjoyable but nowhere near the quality of the previous seasons

17. Post
    I feel you What.

How about these subtitle options! You're either deaf to belter or learn to enjoy **music intensifies**, **door closes*** and every spoken English word thrown onto your screen. Screw me for not learning belter at school, right?

18. Post
    pfft nakangepensa welwala

19. Post
    What. wrote:
    I'm about halfway through, this is bothering me quite a bit. Previous seasons the cast was all over the place doing various things but you could see it all tied together, not exactly how in the details, but it was all clearly related and more importantly, converging towards a point.

Now we have bobbies criminal career, avarsalas political campaign, whatever in the **** the OPA is up to, and holden dealing with the alien shit, its all very disjointed and seemingly unrelated. The stakes have never been higher than now, but it feels the opposite. A lot of the show is kinda dragging for me :/
    There used to be quite a bit of subtely to the factions' relationships but now the whole inners vs belters conflict is disney pocahontas level cringe.

There's so little good scifi on TV i feel super shitty complaining about this, its still enjoyable but nowhere near the quality of the previous seasons
    But that's because they're building for the next arc when they discover more alien tech stuff and they allow all the people to travel to all the other worlds.

20. Post
    help, I'm a streaming/amazon noob

are all the season 4 episodes available on the NZ version of Prime?
    or do I have to go to the us version?

21. Post
    holocaust wrote:
    But that's because they're building for the next arc when they discover more alien tech stuff and they allow all the people to travel to all the other worlds.
    +1. Season to setup the next

22. Post
    Sehr Gut! wrote:

NZ version.

- - - Updated - - -

Sehr Gut! wrote:

NZ version.

23. Post
    What. wrote:

We've gone from one solar sytem to 1,300 + ... its going to be a little fragmented.

In the books this is the start of the 2nd of 3 trilogy's and as such was a little slower like season 1 was.
    Its all building up to something big though.

24. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    We've gone from one solar sytem to 1,300 + ... its going to be a little fragmented.

In the books this is the start of the 2nd of 3 trilogy's and as such was a little slower like season 1 was.
    Its all building up to something big though.
    That's the feeling I get. Only up to episode 6, but the fact that
    Spoiler:

25. Post
    What. wrote:
    So the fact that
    Spoiler:
    doesn't bring any subtlety?