1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Hopefully this is worthy enough to replace DOTA for me

3. Post
    Enjoyed the games I played but not sure if it would hold my attention long enough to justify paying full price.

4. Post
    Price needs to be halved.

5. Post
    I only got to play in the Big Alpha (have had no internet since moving house, so missed out on playing in the beta) and loved it. Heaps of fun. Preordered and am glad to have done so.

6. Post
    I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed the game, and that with a limited roster, only 4 maps in total (across Alpha and Beta), and 1 game mode.

7. Post
    I'll be keeping a closer eye on this.

8. Post
    Towelman wrote:
    I only got to play in the Big Alpha (have had no internet since moving house, so missed out on playing in the beta) and loved it. Heaps of fun. Preordered and am glad to have done so.
    Ditto

9. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    Price needs to be halved.
    From what I have played it is a $29.95 game, at a stretch $39.95. The current price is a joke.

10. Post
    I'd pay $20 usd for it but $80usd is too much.

11. Post
    Markuchi wrote:
    From what I have played it is a $29.95 game, at a stretch $39.95. The current price is a joke.
    So for less than 25% of the content coming on release you'd play $30. So the price is not only fair, but by that estimation generous.

12. Post
    I have to say I really enjoyed my time with the beta, but this is definitely one of those games where it is best if you have 4 or 5 friends also getting the game, like left 4 dead, I just do not enjoy playing these tight team based games with randoms.

13. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    So for less than 25% of the content coming on release you'd play $30. So the price is not only fair, but by that estimation generous.
    Hilariously dense or purposefully wankerish. Who can tell these days.

I can't wait for Evolve to have a small set of people who're exceedingly committed to the game clash with the majority who aren't rendering it a nightmare to balance. Leading to its ultimate failure and complete death in small regions.

14. Post
    TemptedNZ wrote:
    Hilariously dense or purposefully wankerish. Who can tell these days..
    I prefer facetious

15. Post
    Everyone's allowed to have their preferences.

16. Post
    Way too pricey for me but like L4D, these games ROCK for the first few months after release while they're fresh then the playerbase dries up exponentially over a short period of time.

17. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    I'd pay $20 usd for it but $80usd is too much.
    $80 US? I preordered it for $55 NZ.

18. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    $80 US? I preordered it for $55 NZ.
    Still too much for me. I think the usual 6 months before it's empty will apply here.

19. Post
    Maybe, but 6 months of gameplay for that price is as good a deal as any other big budget game to me.