Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Everyone deserves a second chance, i think even he admits he ran it poorly.

2. Post
    He also gave many dev studios a chance. Like Bioware. And Black Isle. As we've seen, Troika and Obsidian aren't exactly success stories, in terms of business running. So none of them have a clue about business side

3. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Everyone deserves a second chance, i think even he admits he ran it poorly.
    Nope, he's never owned that at all. In fact he's been quick to point at others being the problem. He's trash. He also treats his backers terribly and actively breaks promises made to them.
    Screw Brian Fargo.

4. Post
    So.....how's the game? Still finishing off the brilliant Original Sin 2 DE but looking for my next rpg fix after that.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    The reason Interplay failed. The reason Black Isle died. The reason Fallout is now a shooter RPG lite falls solely at the feet of Brian Fargo.
    Yes but Fallout and a vast number of other games and Interplay as a company would not exist without Brian Fargo. I think you are being overly harsh.

6. Post
    korgz wrote:
    Yes but Fallout and a vast number of other games and Interplay as a company would not exist without Brian Fargo. I think you are being overly harsh.
    His collector's edition box got damaged in transit and he's been sour grapes ever since.

7. Post
    Fargo's kickstarter games have been pretty mediocre to be fair. Wasteland 2 was ok but nothing special. The new Torment was god awful imo. I didn't even get close to finishing it. *shudders at the thought of it*

Can't speak of all his business practices but he was pretty shady with Torment imo.

8. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    His collector's edition box got damaged in transit and he's been sour grapes ever since.
    here's an idea. If you don't know what you're talking about just keep quiet. The condition of the box has nothing to do with how shit-tier Fargo is, nor how inXile is run. What with funneling funds from one project to another. Using publisher money for one project on a different one, or any number of shady as shit things that have been done on at least one previous project.
    If you look at the size of the company. The number of staff the number of projects released/ in production it doesn't really add up.
    Its like someone is actively over-extending and misrepresenting assets/income, human resources and who knows what else... almost like what caused the fall of a beloved publisher earlier in the millennium.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 19th September 2018 at 9:25 pm.

9. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    So.....how's the game? Still finishing off the brilliant Original Sin 2 DE but looking for my next rpg fix after that.
    Much like Torment it's meh. Tries to evoke the "essence" of the original and misses completely. Combat is bland, but the progression systems are truly dire. There is no depth at all.
    It looks decent. Sounds fantastic. Performs unreliably. Needs an overhaul and a redesign of the character progression systems.
    Combat is close to being good. Very close. Really needed more time to cook. But they likely ran out of money, so needed to release to get funds in. Hopefully that will be spent on this game and not siphoned off to Wasteland 3.

10. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Fargo's kickstarter games have been pretty mediocre to be fair. Wasteland 2 was ok but nothing special.
    Some of us happen to think wasteland 2 DC was pretty damn good. I prefered it to poe, but ofc well short of DOS. Just finished bards tale 1 remake so will jump into this in a few months after dos:2.

11. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    What with funneling funds from one project to another. Using publisher money for one project on a different one, or any number of shady as shit things that have been done on at least one previous project.
    Its like someone is actively over-extending and misrepresenting assets/income, human resources and who knows what else... .
    Just wondering, but what evidence do you have of this? As InXile is a privately held company I'm not sure how you would be privy to it's inner financial workings. I would think only Brian Fargo as CEO, Matthew Findlay as President, and Elene Campbell as VP of operations would be likely to know these details.

12. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Some of us happen to think wasteland 2 DC was pretty damn good. I prefered it to poe, but ofc well short of DOS. Just finished bards tale 1 remake so will jump into this in a few months after dos:2.
    Wasteland 2 was pretty great. Everything since... not so much

korgz wrote:
    Just wondering, but what evidence do you have of this? As InXile is a privately held company I'm not sure how you would be privy to it's inner financial workings. I would think only Brian Fargo as CEO, Matthew Findlay as President, and Elene Campbell as VP of operations would be likely to know these details.
    Every company has employees, or more importantly ex employees. More than that I cannot comment on.

13. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    I'm also on the Wasteland 2 DC bandwagon: put 150 hours into it this year and it was a bloody good romp

14. Post
    IST wrote:
    I'm also on the Wasteland 2 DC bandwagon: put 150 hours into it this year and it was a bloody good romp
    WL2 DC was a great game. I am also one of the few who really enjoyed Torment. It was probably my GoTY last year. Just the way all the threads come together at very end. When you come to this realisation it makes all the slog worthwhile. The quality of the writing really goes up a notch in the second half as well, some of the Mere's are incredibly engaging. I played through some of the Mere's at least 20 times to experience all the possibilities, although you would need multiple playthroughs to see how choices in the Mere's play out back in the main game.

15. Post
    Yep, I treated Torment like a book, and it was a worthwhile experience. Appreciated they tried something new with boss fights as well.

16. Post
    I too put a lot of hours into wasteland 2, look forward to WL3, i'll still play Bards tale 4, i tend to not follow other peoples opinions when it comes to games or anything really, i'll find out for myself whether i like it.

17. Post
    Wasteland 2 DC I haven't played, only the original at release. I may actually play it again. I did finish the game the first time however. Would give it a 6.5/10 at the time but some of that was due to some quest bugs.

18. Post
    Never ever play an inxile or obsidian game at release... seriously. Obsidian are slowly getting better but there is still so much patching goodness.

19. Post
    its been sitting there waiting for me, i loaded it it crashed and they rushed out a patch so i just put it in the back burner waiting for a final patches

20. Post
    Apparently they downgraded the graphics which is a bit of a shocker.

21. Post
    still got bugs, 30 mins in i got stuck on an invisible rock or pebble or something, had to restart from save. Had 2 crashes during a fight ( reboot from save ) etc.

its ok, but really not a recommend from me unless you pick it up cheap

22. Post
    Strong recommend from me. As a kickstarter backer I patiently waited for the directors cut and was not disappointed. Enjoying the lower level of complexity relative to some other modern RPGs. It is easier to just sit back, relax and enjoy. Perfect for after work sessions.