1. Post

Pokemon Speed Runs

Anyone tried/currently doing these speed runs?

After this years AGDQ I started doing some Gen 1 speed runs, have gotten to 2hours and 3mins on Gen 1 Red.

Would be cool if others wanted to start doing some runs and having some races against each other. I'm currently just using an Emulator at the moment (Gambatte) with a PS2 to USB controller.

Post here or PM me if interested about trying them out and learning the fastest routes, fast menuing etc

Here is the Current World Record run on Red (1hour 49 minutes in game time)

2. Post
    I think I should get an award for doing the slowest run, if that helps.

3. Post
    Got to start somewhere mate, mine were terrible too.

4. Post
    ban for emulator

5. Post
    I own pokemon red and a gameboy colour ... nothing wrong with using an emulator.

6. Post
    JC wrote:
    ban for emulator
    so many people use emulators you cant really ban talking about them, especially if its an old game boy game

7. Post
    Emulators are gross.

8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    so many people use emulators you cant really ban talking about them, especially if its an old game boy game
    Admins on my thread on the admin forum say otherwise =/

9. Post
    the thing about emulator you have to get a copy of your cart to be able to use them. and if you can prove that then its fine.

10. Post
    Not on GP it's not.

11. Post
    JC wrote:
    Not on GP it's not.
    1v1 me and we'll see about that

12. Post
    Kog wrote:
    1v1 me and we'll see about that
    I'll 1v1 you in a game of rock-paper-scissors. I'll even let you make the first move.

13. Post
    Anyone know of anyone who does gameboy cartridge battery replacements? My Yellow no longer saves... and I'm not the kind of gamer who owns a soldering iron (or wishes to).

14. Post
    allbunsglazing wrote:
    Anyone know of anyone who does gameboy cartridge battery replacements? My Yellow no longer saves... and I'm not the kind of gamer who owns a soldering iron (or wishes to).
    I hate you

15. Post
    I did my own ones man. Easy as piss. Weird thread necro etc.