Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A. Pre-alpha. B. It will make Skyrim its bitch.
    Would still expect slightly better graphics then ps2 for even a pre-alpha.

Can't see it doing that to skyrim, it has a massive following

2. Post
    I was talking gameplay/storytelling depth/quality, not popularity.

Oh and judging something based on graphics quality, really now? Serious gamers don't see graphics quality as an obstacle to their enjoyment.
    Anyway 1. The art style is purposely stylised to look like ink IIRC. 2. "OMG, PS2 graphics" is usually a laughably ignorant argument and it's no different here. It would be impossible for PS2 to render this game, which utilises cutting edge graphics techniques like PBR (physically-based rendering).

3. Post
    I'm not a serious gamer so maybe that's why i can look at it like that, *ps2 graphics* remark is just a commonly used phrase, doesn't mean it actually looks like ps2 graphics. They don't look like an ink style to me just look pretty bad as a whole

4. Post
    This game is out in a day. The latest build starting to look pretty polished. Slightly cartoon look to the visuals doesn't appeal to me, but it at least doesn't look like it's from 2005 anymore.

5. Post
    HI Bobs, can you let us know how it plays on the release version? Been keeping on eye on this one and I was hoping it would be as good as Arx Fatalis.

6. Post
    I wll. Arx Fatalis was an underrated game. If its as good as that I'd be happy.

7. Post
    Well i was going to play this game but....

1 - No UW Support at launch
    2 - Harsh as hell checkpoint save system, apparently up to an hour between checkpoints

Nope. Will wait until that's all patched.

8. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I wll. Arx Fatalis was an underrated game. If its as good as that I'd be happy.
    I think it was more underground (heh) that underrated. I know of so few people who have even heard of it, let alone played it.
    I adore that game. I backed UA, but like any KS game I will give it a few months before playing. I've not even bother with Bards Tale 4 yet, or too much of Deadfire. I will however be jumping into Deadfire proper over xmas.

9. Post
    Well i had a quick look at it, and sadly I have to say avoid this game at the moment. It's in a bad state, very poor of the developers to release it in such a state. In saying that, after a few big patches the game has potential so it's not a write off. Just need another 6 months in the oven.

10. Post
    played it, crashed in the first part, got about an hour crashing twice , 1 of it a blue screen. Stopped. Uninstall and will revisit after a few months lol

11. Post
    Sad to hear. I wonder if the devs will spend the time to fix it properly.

12. Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/underworld-ascendant-review/

Have to agree. The game is atrocious in its current state and I doubt it can be fixed.

13. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/underworld-ascendant-review/

Have to agree. The game is atrocious in its current state and I doubt it can be fixed.
    Yup, its a ****ing mess to be sure. This from the people who gave me Ultima Underworld, Thief, and System Shock!

14. Post
    Gamespot....2/10. Ouch. At this rate they won't even be able to sell enough copies to continue with System Shock 3.

15. Post
    Underworld Ascendant non-sponsored review roundup

https://steamcommunity.com/app/69284...2487786666425/
    Last edited by Arkouda; 23rd November 2018 at 11:03 am. Reason: Numpty

16. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Gamespot....2/10. Ouch. At this rate they won't even be able to sell enough copies to continue with System Shock 3.
    I don't think SS3 will be cancelled. They already have a finanially invested publisher, Starbreeze.

17. Post
    Well either way, I have uninstalled this game and will pretend it never happened.

18. Post
    Just for the record, this was probably the worst game I have ever played. It was terrible. Gamespot was too kind.

19. Post

20. Post
    So for science I thought I'd come back to this Big Rigs Racing of the rpg world. It's had a couple of patches and some gameplay tweaks, so time to revisit I thought. What can go wrong?

A lot can go wrong.

My eyes are bleeding, the game may even be worse than it was before. Well, maybe a slightly exaggeration but it's still an abomination. Off the top of my head

- Movement still feels like moving through a tub of semen

- UI is still broken on my 21:9 monitor....in a game released in 2018.

- Enemy AI is now improved from just looking at you to moving towards you and swinging......sometimes. Other times they'll just get stuck.

- Still no NPC's except the main narrator. Yes, this game has no NPCs.

- Skills system that makes no sense and seems buggy and doesn't even fit on my monitor so i can't select some of them anyway

- Items have vague or little descriptions. No idea which weapon does more damage nor what advantages they have over others.

- Chests contain loot about as exciting as finding old socks in the bottom of your drawer. 95% of them literally contain a rock. If you're lucky you will get a femur.

- A plot that was written by someone that clearly did it during a lunch break

- A magic system that has about as much oomf as a 12v battery. Just use a sword.

- A hub city that has no npcs. Just a billboard. Clearly the magic gnomes stick the quests up.

- Sound that consists of a swishing sound and when you walk it sounds like you're still fighting to get out of that semen tub

1.5/10 (.5 for the visuals which can look quite nice at times)

Worst game ever. Honestly, it feels like a game made by people that have no idea what they are doing.