Off season signings and chatter

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1523

  1. Post
    Both names are pretty sad if true. They both seem like the nicest, straight edge sports people out there. Wingers don't get top money, but he earned enough to invest in a few rental properties and retire early. I feel both must have been ****ed by the management teams to get desperate enough to do this. Or they are just greedy ****s.

  2. Post
    steveNtake wrote:
    Em Vee?

  3. Post
    I think there was an association with Manu and the killer beez if im not mistaken.
    Wouldnt surprise me if it was him.
    I think the fact that he's tongan didn't help that he probably gave away all his money or spent it on frivulous things.

  4. Post
    Gehamat Shibasaki signs with Knights and Panthers signs Zane Tetevano

  5. Post
    dunno bout the new rules, the 20/40 kick one sounds like an absolute shitter tbh

  6. Post
    Biohazard wrote:
    dunno bout the new rules, the 20/40 kick one sounds like an absolute shitter tbh
    Yeah, not too sure how I feel about it.

  7. Post
    My pure speculation is that it’s gonna cause the game to be way more similar to Union with teams using clearing kicks to gain territory. Pretty much cucking the warriors the most too, rts & maumalo were 2 of our best this year because of strong kick returns.

  8. Post
    Biohazard wrote:
    My pure speculation is that it’s gonna cause the game to be way more similar to Union with teams using clearing kicks to gain territory. Pretty much cucking the warriors the most too, rts & maumalo were 2 of our best this year because of strong kick returns.
    Yeah I kind of agree, but then again how many teams haven't been able to get out of their 20 in the modern game?

  9. Post
    rewarding teams which have strong attacking plays close to the line isn't a bad thing in rugby league though, thats why we have teams wearing others down with repeat sets.

    You also get a free kick when the other team earns a repeat set, teams hardly ever kick in their own 20 as you're far more likely to gain territory from running the ball

  10. Post
    you also have a 40 metre target on both sides of the field to shank a kick into rather than a 20 metre like a standard 40/20


  11. Post
    Crazy cheap. Thanks - I bought one

  12. Post
    Read the article in the herald about Peter o'sullivan wanting bigger forwards.
    That is a must for the warriors. Warriors have no problems with the backline, we got so much strike out there.
    Definitely need to increase the stocks on better backrowers.
    Tohu is one of the best signings the warriors have ever had, but I can't see him playing week in and week out the way he plays without doing some serious damage to body.

  13. Post
    2020 GAINS
    Tom Ale (2020), Rocco Berry (2020), Joshua Curran (Sydney Roosters, 2021), Wayde Egan (Penrith Panthers, 2022), Kodi Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos, 2022), Israel Ogden (2020), Selesitino Ravutaumada (2020), Tyler Slade (2020)

    2020 LOSSES
    Blake Ayshford (retired), Solomone Kata (rugby union), Issac Luke (St George Illawarra Dragons), Ligi Sao (Hull FC), Chris Satae (Hull FC)

    RE-SIGNED
    Karl Lawton (2021), Agnatius Paasi (2022), Jazz Tevaga (2021)

    OFF CONTRACT 2020
    Gerard Beale, Lachlan Burr, Jackson Frei, Blake Green, Patrick Herbert, Peta Hiku, Adam Keighran, Sam Lisone, Taane Milne, Isaiah Papali'i, Leivaha Pulu, Nathaniel Roache

    Not much going on in the way of signings so far.. few names off contract at the end of this year.. hoping we can lock down Herbert,Keighran.Milne for the future.

  14. Post
    How does Tom ale count as a gain. He was playing reserve grade last year. Also played in the trials last year. Is it because he has a first grade contract?

  15. Post
    Who's Kata playing for?

  16. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Who's Kata playing for?
    Brumbies I think

  17. Post
    holocaust wrote:
    Brumbies I think
    Gross lol

  18. Post
    gar1kz wrote:
    2020 GAINS
    Tom Ale (2020), Rocco Berry (2020), Joshua Curran (Sydney Roosters, 2021), Wayde Egan (Penrith Panthers, 2022), Kodi Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos, 2022), Israel Ogden (2020), Selesitino Ravutaumada (2020), Tyler Slade (2020)
    .
    Ale, Ogden, Ravutaumada, Slade all with the club already.
    Berry has been with them since mid-2019.
    Curran's been with them since mid-2019.
    Nikorima been with them since mid-2019.

    They've signed one player. A hooker. When they already have Lawton, CHT, NIkorima, and Keighran.


    What a woeful looking 2020 it's going to be for the Warriors. Hard to keep the faith for the fans.

    I'm very interested to see how they go. Their backline is good, but the forwards are too inconsistent.

  19. Post
    Soui wrote:
    Ale, Ogden, Ravutaumada, Slade all with the club already.
    Berry has been with them since mid-2019.
    Curran's been with them since mid-2019.
    Nikorima been with them since mid-2019.

    They've signed one player. A hooker. When they already have Lawton, CHT, NIkorima, and Keighran.


    What a woeful looking 2020 it's going to be for the Warriors. Hard to keep the faith for the fans.

    I'm very interested to see how they go. Their backline is good, but the forwards are too inconsistent.
    Yes sir I'm aware I was just posting an updated contacted player list for the season including the players we got last year etc.

    Looks like we are set to sign Ben Murdoch-Masila from 2021.. pretty good signing imo. I mean we pretty much take what we can get and he's in good form at the moment..
    I'd also be interested in bringing over Herman Esse'esse from the Knights.. he was linked to a move back here a year or two ago so if we could land him aswell..

    Lots of players off contact this year could be a blessing in disguise for us, as these guys would be wanting to impress for contract negotiations..

  20. Post
    BMM would very handy.

  21. Post
    if Bunty Afoa is a major loss to the Warriors this year it doesnt say much for our team and recruitment when the person replacing him is a prop the we couldnt even unload to the super league because no one wanted him, Sam Lisone.

  22. Post
    Afoa going down is a good opportunity for Frei and Curran.

  23. Post
    Rookie Jamayne Taunoa-Brown being brought in to replace Bunty.

    Check out the photo part way down the page where they put up a photo of Paasi instead of Bunty

    https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/20/...g-afoa-injury/

  24. Post
    Hopefully between Frei, Curran and this Taunoa-Brown we could get at least ONE good prop.