1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Now call me naive, but surely they would've received the sales data pretty quickly.

If they'd designed the architecture well, then it would have just been a matter of powering up some more servers?

3. Post
    6.66 million? Are they sure their marketing team wasn't just having a laugh at the 666 thing?

To be fair though, I was able to actually log on and play after only like an hour or so of waiting. It wasn't too bad, imo.

4. Post
    they likely do not own the servers or the infrastructure. Even with the days data, they would have to request their providers and that would take a few days at least to bring up etc.

5. Post
    Didn't play this until we got the Aussie servers. I suffered from horrendous rubber banding until that point. Always online can go to hell IMO (how appropriate!).

6. Post
    They didnt learn from the expected sales from D3, funny how WoW Warlords of Draenor had the exact same problem
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

7. Post
    dhoshek wrote:
    Now call me naive, but surely they would've received the sales data pretty quickly.

If they'd designed the architecture well, then it would have just been a matter of powering up some more servers?
    Yup.

And even if they don't own their architecture, picking the right provider can see elastic scaling take place in near real-time.

8. Post
    Now they can call it shitty, they succeeded in getting everyone's money at the time after all.

9. Post
    Still waiting for that offline SP mode from these jackasses.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Still waiting for that offline SP mode from these jackasses.
    Jackasses? Get over it. Its online only and apart from a shitty release has been issue free for years. Basically stfu about it. No one cares any more.

11. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    Didn't play this until we got the Aussie servers. I suffered from horrendous rubber banding until that point. Always online can go to hell IMO (how appropriate!).
    The rubber banding is why I stopped playing. I suppose I should try it again now if it's fixed, but I agree, always online can go to hell.

12. Post
    Sea Monkey wrote:
    They didnt learn from the expected sales from D3, funny how WoW Warlords of Draenor had the exact same problem
    it was nowhere near the same magnitude, error 37 went on for WEEKS

13. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    Jackasses? Get over it. Its online only and apart from a shitty release has been issue free for years. Basically stfu about it. No one cares any more.
    plenty of people do, I sure f**king do.

14. Post
    I'm sorry for not being a spineless corporate slave and/or lacking the integrity to stand by personal principles.

If the console versions can have offline SP then they can patch it into the PC version too.

15. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    Maybe for you. I had no problem playing within hours of release. I never saw error 37 at all.

16. Post
    Peagles wrote:
    The rubber banding is why I stopped playing. I suppose I should try it again now if it's fixed, but I agree, always online can go to hell.
    AU servers now so the experience is very good. Dont care about offline now.
    You should give it another go. I've started playing again in the last week or so and it is really enjoyable.

17. Post
    dhoshek wrote:

It's not that easy. They simply didn't have "more servers" to power up, and it's financially suicidal to always have "more servers to power up". I mean, after the initial launch day rush, the extra servers won't be needed then. What do they do then?

There is no happy solution to online-only, other than not being online-only. Launch day woes is an expectation of MMOs and their expansions. It's silly to see developers expecting otherwise when transferring that requirement to non-MMOs.

18. Post
    ^
    Success in the cutthroat Chinese F2P online game market is measured by how many servers you've spun up.

19. Post
    Maybe they should have reflected why the game was unplayable on Inferno mode instead, the post-game of Diablo III really didn't live up to the D2 co-op cow runs, solo Meph and Baal runs... in fact, I distinctly remember Blizzard nerfing various D3 areas, chests and minibosses in Inferno which people were using as "runs".

Really confusing. And I really don't know how people were expected to progress through Inferno on release. And then there's that whole, auction house/monopoly/pay2progress/profit thing which I don't want to talk about.

20. Post
    Uhh, they did reflect on that, did you read the article?

21. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    It was a few days.

22. Post
    I feel sorry for jay wilson, everyone that thinks of that name will remember his double it title haha