Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    To me nothing is scarier than this triumvirate: dark, small spaces and being lost. I could face my fear by caving. My screenplay:

Lost in the Dark

Written by
    Darren D

Darren D Espin
    Christchurch
    555-5555

FADE IN:
    INT. Underground Cave System – DAY?
    Darren and Carl are hunched over in a small gap with a torch as their only light.
    CARL
    Why aren’t we going that way? There was daylight back there?
    DARREN
    lt wasn't. lt was phosphorus in the rock. We're two miles underground,

the only light down here is ours.

Carl catches his breath as he leans his head against the cold rock in front of him.
    CARL
    (looking about
    the tiny crack they are crammed into)
    Argh! Well, it looked like ****ing daylight to me. How are we going to get out of here?

(Darren moans)
    (Groans in pain)
    DARREN
    Whatever we do we better do it quick, cause I don’t know how much longer these batteries are going to last.
    CARL

Can we get out of here? Which way?
    Come on.

Darren
    - l don't know.
    CARL
    What do you mean, you don't know?

DARREN
    There's no breeze. lt could be

any one of these tunnels. Take your pick.
    CARL
    What’s that noise? O my god I think it’s another earthquake!!!

(The rock surrounding them groans and shifts and the space gets even tighter. They can barely move).
    Darren
    Crawl!

(Carl and Darren panicked, crawl through the closest tunnel.)

CARL
    We should never have come down here! We were just meant to be tramping…we should never have checked out that cave.

(Suddenly their torch light begins to flicker)

Darren
    I think it’s dying!

Carl
    I think we’re going to die!
    (the torch light flickers a few times and then goes out)
    DARREN and CARL
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

2. Post

Plain and simple

i hate clowns just something about them just gives me the creeps
    ever since my older sister got me to watch the "IT" Movie when i was young
    now i will always have a fear for them

3. Post
    would love to fight my fear with my partner who is scared of moths so if there were clown moths we would both run and hide

4. Post
    Entries closed.

5. Post
    Thanks everyone for your entries, there were some great stories here!

After much deliberation we have selected ThePreacher41 as the winner of this competition, who shared his fear of horses - we just couldn't go past this one:

ThePreacher41 wrote:
    I'm 29 years old, i'm a big bloke I've been a security officer for 10 years, got tattoos, love hunting and just spend 3 weeks in Siberia. BUT I'm scared of bloody horses. cant go near them. when i was 18 i was walking down the road with my mate and a horse was coming the other way. I ended up hiding under a bridge till it was gone.

I saw a jockey get trampled on the hurdles at Trentham Race Course when I was 4 or 5 and have never been able to pass the fear of them

Why i think i should win : because i would just love to win the prize and enjoy the new PS4 and BloodBorne, i've been trying to pick between a Xbox one and a PS4, also its about time I got over the fear of horses, come on little girls in pink dresses love riding horses i should at least be able to share a field with one
    Congratulations!

The winner's fear experience is being organised now and we'll share more details soon.

6. Post
    Congrats! Looking forward to torment ala-horse.

7. Post
    Congrats Preacher41

8. Post
    Congrats!

9. Post
    Gutted my trip to Paris didn't win

10. Post
    Congrats

11. Post
    Thanks guys haha i'm stoked about the PS4 as much as I'm shaking in my boots about the horse riding XP
    Last edited by ThePreacher41; 26th March 2015 at 7:03 pm.

12. Post
    Congrats!

And phew, now I don't have to face my fear

13. Post
    Congrats!

14. Post
    Peagles wrote:
    Congrats!

And phew, now I don't have to face my fear
    Lol. I'm guessing there's probably a few people a bit relieved that they didn't win this competition!

15. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Lol. I'm guessing there's probably a few people a bit relieved that they didn't win this competition!
    We live to avoid another day

16. Post
    Peagles wrote:
    We live to avoid another day
    Yeah I was very particular to not meet the requirements of the comp!

17. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Yeah I was very particular to not meet the requirements of the comp!
    I was actually a little piss scared I might win, would get to Auckland, fail at the fear thing and not get my mates console for him.

18. Post
    drunk_monk wrote:
    I was actually a little piss scared I might win, would get to Auckland, fail at the fear thing and not get my mates console for him.
    i know this feeling lol

19. Post
    My biggest fear is probably (and quite weirdly) circus music. When I was about 8, I was playing through the Boo House level in Mario 64 and went on the merry go round part of the level. I got nightmares of the specific tune that played in that merry go round level, and I still do.

20. Post
    officialKatsu wrote:
    My biggest fear is probably (and quite weirdly) circus music. When I was about 8, I was playing through the Boo House level in Mario 64 and went on the merry go round part of the level. I got nightmares of the specific tune that played in that merry go round level, and I still do.
    Sorry, the competition was drawn a few days ago.

21. Post
    ThePreacher41 wrote:
    i know this feeling lol
    Haha make sure you let us know how you go man. Good luck with the horses.

22. Post
    drunk_monk wrote:
    Haha make sure you let us know how you go man. Good luck with the horses.
    Need a video plox

23. Post