1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    IDGAF, Borderlands is just FPS Diablo. Who plays ARPGs for the stories?

3. Post
    I'm so glad you brought your wonderful contribution to this thread. The world is indeed a better place every time you shit on something for no reason.

On topic, I get it. I think BL2 was better written and presented than BL1 - the supporting cast was very well done, and having voices for NPCs at all times instead of just a wall of text for most missions brought way more life to the game. I thought that in BL1 the player characters said too much... Or rather, said the same limited stuff too often. They cut back on that in BL2. I was pleasantly surprised to hear unique dialogue coming from the player characters in TPS, actually interfacing with the NPCs instead of just being a slave ala Bioshock.

And you don't really need to worry about "disagreeing" with your character, because it's so light-hearted. It's not frustrating if your character does something you wouldn't (like ACIII, Connor was an awful character), it just adds to the farce that is Borderlands.

4. Post
    Because annoying, shrill voiced characters like Claptrap who spew dated references to Dubstep and old internet memes like "U MAD, BRO?" elevates the experience SO MUCH, right?

I spent most of today playing Borderlands 2 in co-op. We did a "Kill X amount of animals" quest for Sir Hammerlock. My co-op partner pointed out that Gearbox was making fun of these typical MMO quests, but you see they completely failed at it. The same old broken attempt at satire in the gaming medium:- "You know those tired, cliched MMO quests really suck, right? Well now do a tired, cliched MMO quest in our game!"

Morgs wrote:
    I'm so glad you brought your wonderful contribution to this thread. The world is indeed a better place every time you shit on something for no reason.
    Oh grow up. Are you that low on argumentative points that you have to resort to personal attacks? Seems to be common theme with people on this forum.

5. Post
    Forgive me if I'm hesitant to take maturity lessons from someone who literally starts his points with "IDGAF", and considers any light being shed on his constant negativity to be an "attack".

Meanwhile, now playing Tales from the Borderlands - all dialogue, all the time, baby! And none of those pesky quests...

6. Post
    More ad hominem, you're on a roll!
    Morgs wrote:
    Meanwhile, now playing Tales from the Borderlands - all dialogue, all the time, baby! And none of those pesky quests...
    Heyo, a game from a completely different studio and thus a different writing team. Thanks for your micro-blog about the game that you're currently playing. You should've posted that in this thread, because it's off-topic in regards to failings of Borderlands 2's writing.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    IDGAF, Borderlands is just FPS Diablo. Who plays ARPGs for the stories?
    I didn't play Borderlands so much for the story either; however I did partly go into it for its overall attitude / character (not necessarily story arc) and would have liked more dialogue between the characters as well.

Even though it's already been raised that Tales from the Borderlands is a different studio / different writing team, it still pretty much distilled what I liked about the franchise into its own series (the dialogue, world, sci-fi comedy humor and fun characters), so I'm happy.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    More ad hominem, you're on a roll!

Heyo, a game from a completely different studio and thus a different writing team. Thanks for your micro-blog about the game that you're currently playing. You should've posted that in this thread, because it's off-topic in regards to failings of Borderlands 2's writing.
    The PreSequel was also from a different Studio and writing team, should discussion of that title go to the forbidden zone? Your discussion of the quest structure was way more off-topic, since this is ostensibly about player-character dialogue, not your opinion of MMO style quests.

9. Post
    Morgs wrote:
    The PreSequel was also from a different Studio and writing team, should discussion of that title go to the forbidden zone?
    Absolutely. The subject of discussion is Borderlands 2.
    Your discussion of the quest structure was way more off-topic, since this is ostensibly about player-character dialogue, not your opinion of MMO style quests.
    Clearly you weren't paying attention because I was directly critiquing game's writing. Borderlands 2 is a pretty generic game mechanically so in large part it is carried by its presentation, which is that of comedic and satirical writing. I gave an example of said satire completely failing.

Takeaway aforementioned presentation and you have a snoozefest game like Destiny where pretty much were the primary compulsion to keep playing would be the player's OCD/addiction.