1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Great review.

Hit the nail on the head in terms of it really being an acquired taste, and despite a burning desire to not miss out on the awesomeness the Souls games offer, this is a taste i just can not acquire. I want to, but i value my sanity more. Besides, replacing smashed controllers and repairing holes punched in walls are expenses that my beloved, long-suffering wife will just not abide by.

Oh, and for me, the minor camera issues were major; the wildly swinging camera when facing the first boss on a narrow bridge with no-where to hide basically broke the game for me. It's sad that i don't know what i'm missing, but also kinda good that i don't know what i'm missing.

3. Post
    It's an amazing game, but also physically and mentally draining. Beat a boss tonight, then I quit out and jammed something else a little more forgiving lol.

4. Post
    Excellent review Matt, thoroughly enjoyable read.

I give the game a 9.2 out of 10, loading screens and lack of point to point fast travel being detractors.

My first proper burl at a Souls game, and loving every minute (except the loading minutes)

Black Plague*** wrote:
    It's an amazing game, but also physically and mentally draining. Beat a boss tonight, then I quit out and jammed something else a little more forgiving lol.
    I do this too, when I beat a boss or reach a new milestone: finish on a high note and hit up some TLoU Factions or something happy/cheerful.

5. Post
    Haha you know bloodborne is hardcore when tlou is sunshine and rainbows
    Last edited by SirGrim; 14th April 2015 at 5:50 pm.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Haha you know bloodline is hardcore when tlou is sunshine and rainbows
    Yeah it's a great Netflix show.

7. Post
    praise the sun.

8. Post
    After grabbing myself the Platinum trophy on Monday (I'm simply proud that I didn't smash any controllers in the process) I really like this review. Some of the harder encounters really become trial and error and it gets frustrating. And this style of game really is an acquired taste.

9. Post
    Vulturnus wrote:
    praise the moon.
    Fixed!

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Haha you know bloodborne is hardcore when tlou is sunshine and rainbows
    I know right? It used to be pretty intense for me, now it's stress relief 101

11. Post
    you're in the know right?, a hunter is never alone

12. Post
    I think I may have over-levelled.. level 68 and about to fight Shadow of Yharnam....

13. Post
    IST wrote:
    I think I may have over-levelled.. level 68 and about to fight Shadow of Yharnam....
    Nah man, I think I'm 70 and on them now too.

14. Post
    I thought I was bad with the grinding and over-leveling but I was like 74 when I finished it I think lol. You guys gonna have a lot of souls to spend!

I love my Great Axe, pure strength. Funny when people invade they don't seem to expect it then backup hardout after getting hit scrambling to heal.

15. Post
    Sting wrote:
    I thought I was bad with the grinding and over-leveling but I was like 74 when I finished it I think lol. You guys gonna have a lot of souls to spend!

I love my Great Axe, pure strength. Funny when people invade they don't seem to expect it then backup hardout after getting hit scrambling to heal.
    I started the game with the Threaded Cane, and focused solely on the Skill atrribute. I haven't needed to change weapons yet. I think my skill is around 56.

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I started the game with the Threaded Cane, and focused solely on the Skill atrribute. I haven't needed to change weapons yet. I think my skill is around 56.
    Loving the +6 Saw Cleaver equipped with the Gold gem+HP regen ones with a high Str/Vit/End build... still prefer it to my +6 Ludwig.

My Skill is currently 14 though... lulz, need to remedy that.