Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    lol
    how much did Rockstar pay you for that ?

3. Post
    All they did was release the finest PC game I've played in the past 12 months. The first game in a very long time to keep me completely engaged throughout, both in the campaign and online.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 21st April 2015 at 3:09 pm.

4. Post
    Gameplanet was supplied with a review code for this game, nothing more. You can find more information on our editorial policy here.

5. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    lol
    So tell us, why do you disagree with the rating?

6. Post
    Name:  60s-Spider-Man-Takes-Neat-Photos-In-The-Sky.gif
Views: 3613
Size:  146.5 KB

7. Post
    Great time. Spend most of it just cruising the streets.

8. Post
    I'd give it a 9.7. Amazing game but a few points off perfection...

- Joining friends online is clunky. It needs a party system like any other AAA game. I don't have a crew yet, so perhaps that will fix this?
    - FOV is horrible in first person.
    - The movement feels horrible in first person.
    - The gun models are too big in first person.
    - Tying mouse sensitivity to the frame rate was a poor decision that only console games seem to do. It creates a lot of mouse acceleration unless you have very consistant fps.
    - Not sure if there is an AU/NZ server, but shit gets laggy quite often.
    - Matchmaking seems to match me with chinese players a lot which results in a very laggy game.
    - Default settings are terrible for mouse lag.
    - Not particularly into the art direction (would prefer they went the realism route over the cartoon style they have).

Nit picking like **** though... Awesome game
    Last edited by True4m; 21st April 2015 at 4:52 pm.

9. Post
    Can't disagree with pretty much anything in the article

10. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    lol
    Mate, it's so bloody great... it's probably the best PC port of all time.

I'm constantly in awe of the visuals, UI choices and improved presentation, and I'm only playing on a 7970 Ghz.... saying that, I can get 60fps with everything on high and some very high with FXAA or AA off... can't wait till my 980 is in next week to really turn everything to max with MSAA.

The whole thing feels like the console version on the best steroids possible.. so, so good.

Great review Cryo Chris - I agree with everything in it, 10/10 from me also.

11. Post
    True4m wrote:
    I'd give it a 9.7. Amazing game but a few points off perfection...
    A 10 doesn't have to mean perfection.

12. Post
    I'm also giving it a 10, game is amazing and the PC version is flawless

13. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    I'm also giving it a 10, game is amazing and the PC version is flawless
    I wouldn't say flawless, but its a stellar game and an impressive port. I don't give out 10's often but this deserves it. I was actually really surprised with how well it runs across various set ups.

14. Post
    Maybe it's just me, but a re release of a year and a half old game on a system it could have released on at launch, isn't a 10. I'm sure it's good, but it's not really new

15. Post
    I'm sorry I don't understand. Are you saying that when it was released somehow affects its quality?

16. Post
    It's the most 10 a game has been since... well, ever in my books.

Graphical glitches and all.

17. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    I'm sorry I don't understand. Are you saying that when it was released somehow affects its quality?
    Yes. It's relative of course, it might be a 10 for those who haven't played it, but for everyone else who's played it already on last gen, I don't think for $99 it's a 10.

18. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Yes. It's relative of course, it might be a 10 for those who haven't played it, but for everyone else who's played it already on last gen, I don't think for $99 it's a 10.
    Normally I would agree.. but there is so much new stuff added (like the god-tier Rockstar Video Editor), it's cray level awesome.
    I own it on 360 too, just stopped playing it after a few days since it felt limited by the tech.

19. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I've completed the game twice on PS3, and find the PC version to be superior. Better controls, better visuals, vastly better performance. Have you played the PC version?

I can't speak for anyone else, but that is my honest appraisal of the game I have played this past week. The previous/other versions are completely irrelevant.

20. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I've completed the game twice on PS3, and find the PC version to be superior. Better controls, better visuals, vastly better performance. Have you played the PC version?

I can't speak for anyone else, but that is my honest appraisal of the game I have played this past week. The previous/other versions are completely irrelevant.
    I'm not debating that it's better, I'm just saying a perfect score is relative. The previous versions are entirely relevant if you consider value for money as a review consideration. It's bigger, sure, shinier, with new features, but it is still the same game. I'm just saying that for many gamers, it may not be worth the $99 entry fee.

As for 'my opinion', is your review something other than opinion?

21. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    I'm not debating that it's better, I'm just saying a perfect score is relative. The previous versions are entirely relevant if you consider value for money as a review consideration. It's bigger, sure, shinier, with new features, but it is still the same game. I'm just saying that for many gamers, it may not be worth the $99 entry fee.

As for 'my opinion', is your review something other than opinion?
    First up its not a "perfect" score. You don't start at 10 and then remove marks when you find faults or issues.
    When I review a game I only review that game. My appraisal is purely on the merits of that title on that platform.
    GTAV is a spectacular game where every part is executed brilliantly and is a shining example of what gaming (for me at least) is all about. Its pure escapism and entertaining as hell from the moment I started playing. For that reason I gave it the highest praise I can.

Its just that simple.

22. Post
    It is the highest score you can give it, for arguments sake. I understand what you are saying, I'm simply observing that there is more to the game that the game itself.

I don't think ignoring other platforms or previous generation console versions when a significant portion of the games audience already own a copy, is ideal. 45 million people already own it So for 45 million people, there's a value for money equation to consider.

23. Post
    Dropping the 10. I'm not even mad though.

24. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    So for 45 million people, there's a value for money equation to consider.
    and that should affect my (or anyone's) opinion how?
    The review is not the final score. I feel 100% confident that anyone looking at buying the game on PC regardless of their history with the game can read my review and make an informed decision on whether or not they should spend their time an money on it. Aggregate sites like Metacritic have a lot to answer for imo. It's reducing reviews to numbers, and that's just not how it works.

I feel that this discussion is really derailing things. Can we agree to disagree and leave it at that?

25. Post
    I think that Pyrocore did a very good job reviewing this game, it was factual and informative without including political bias,

It was on all accounts a helpful review...

The ironic thing is that I don't think Pyrocore will hear this as he blocked me when I disagreed with him

I think the only think I would prefer would be that it is disclosed at the top of the review that they got a free code for the game.