1. Post

[Chickenman forums] Formula Fusion - Wipeout successor from ex-Sony Cambridge devs

Ex-Sony Cambridge devs are trying to fund a Wipeout spiritual successor on Kickstarter, Formula Fusion.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ty-racing-game
    Get to it, Aaron!

2. Post
    Holy shit dude!!!!!

Thanks!

DR on visuals? Check.

CoLD SToRAGE on soundtrack? Check.

In, I'm so ****ing in!

I might even go large on my pledge. Will check out properly tonight.

3. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Holy shit dude!!!!!

Thanks!
    No problem. I expect payment in Doritos.

4. Post
    funky, might throw in some to help out , although it's looking like they will definitely make it

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    No problem. I expect payment in Doritos.
    Sure thing. Mountain Dew to wash it down?

6. Post
    And I'm in. £60.

7. Post
    I loved wipeout

8. Post
    3 new updates this morning.

One detailing the team where they can due to having members (seemingly) working elsewhere.

One detailing who the studio is and how they started.

And the third clarification of the stretch goals and pledges. Which brings me to this:

R8 Games have been listening to feedback and lowered the stretch goal for console ports from £350,000 (iirc) to £100,000. Further, a console backer tier has been added and if you have pledged for a PC version, you can convert it to a console version.

Due to your feedback we’ve adjusted the Stretch Goals to fit more in-line with what you all have asked. We’ve offered an introductory console pledge to help push us towards the console version of Formula Fusion. Should we reach the console pledge we’ll confirm a delivery date because we’ll be able to get the resources in that we need based on the plan we have. Should we not hit it, we promise to commit to developing a Playstation 4 version of the game but it may take longer.

The reason for this is that we understand people are reluctant to back the project because there is no promise of a console version. What we’ve decided is that if we reach the £100K mark console players will receive the same version of the game (8 Tracks) as the PC version. Should we reach the £175k stretch goal, we will be releasing the full version of the game (22 tracks) on both platforms.

This all depends on the concept approval from Sony & Microsoft. But we are discussing options to make this process as painless as possible.

Another thing about the £100k stretch goal is that if you have already pledged for a PC version of the game but would prefer a console version, we will convert it for you. That way you’ll get what you want without spending another penny. We have also added “The Console Gamer Backer” pledge level for people who specifically want a console version of the game.

9. Post
    Screens posted from the prototype track to be used in the tech demo:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1222453

Gameplay to come soon.

10. Post
    damn it's looking really nice, i'm now unsure on whether i should get this on ps4 or pc for max settings :/

edit: actually on this topic lol i'm playing through old demo discs i have to find any old gems i might have missed on ps2 and found one for wipeout fusion lol
    Last edited by darc9999; 7th May 2015 at 6:24 pm.

11. Post

[Chickenman forums] Formula Fusion - Wipeout successor from ex-Sony Cambridge...

I can't remember what it was. But WipEout Fusion just didn't gel with me. So much so, I almost completely ignored WipEout Pulse on the PSP.

I've been playing WipEout and WipEout 2048 on the Vita the last few weeks and I still love both. So, perhaps when I have my own digs again and my shit comes out of storage, I might give WipEout Fusion a crack once more. Or more likely the epitome that was Wip3out.

Edit. I'm also torn between platform too. PC for instant satisfaction, or wait for the PS4.

12. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    I've been playing WipEout and WipEout 2048 on the Vita the last few weeks and I still love both. So, perhaps when I have my own digs again and my shit comes out of storage, I might give WipEout Fusion a crack once more. Or more likely the epitome that was Wip3out.
    it's actually kinda funny cause thats the exact reason i sort of decided to play through demos again, to find games i might have missed at the time because i ignored them because i didnt like the way they played (probably because i was between 10-15) and have actually been pleasantly surprised by some of the stuff i have that i missed

13. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    I'm also torn between platform too. PC for instant satisfaction, or wait for the PS4.
    Why not both?

14. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Why not both?
    Lol!

The truth is, I probably will.

15. Post

[Chickenman forums] Formula Fusion - Wipeout successor from ex-Sony Cambridge...

16. Post
    R8 games are officially PS4 developers now. Expect to see me playing Formula Fusion on my PS4 soon(tm).

https://www.facebook.com/R8Games/posts/1088304114525449

17. Post
    Stoked, that looks fun.

18. Post
    interdasting, although i like the first comment about asking if players would be able to play with crossplay, although i feel sony should have a dedicated team to help out devs with that idea so they know what they can do and cant do in crossplay

19. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    interdasting, although i like the first comment about asking if players would be able to play with crossplay
    Ohhhhh, racing games are another genre that should work superbly with PC<>console crossplay!

20. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    interdasting, although i like the first comment about asking if players would be able to play with crossplay, although i feel sony should have a dedicated team to help out devs with that idea so they know what they can do and cant do in crossplay
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Ohhhhh, racing games are another genre that should work superbly with PC<>console crossplay!
    Both of these.

21. Post
    So tempted to get this on EA but it sounds like the physics are still very wonky and possibly tied to framerate - gonna avoid until that's fixed. http://formulafusion.co.uk/index.php...update/&page=1

22. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    So tempted to get this on EA but it sounds like the physics are still very wonky and possibly tied to framerate - gonna avoid until that's fixed. http://formulafusion.co.uk/index.php...update/&page=1
    I've already got on EA but not installed yet. I'll DL tonight and report back for ya if you'd like.

23. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    I've already got on EA but not installed yet. I'll DL tonight and report back for ya if you'd like.
    Yeah, I'd be interested to see if these claims can be backed up, it seems that something's amiss, judging by those forums though.

24. Post
    No probs. My laptop probably doesn't have the grunt to mess around too much; but I'll look none the less.

25. Post
    This is now called Pacer.
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/04/04/sc...nded-to-pacer/

“This change in gear really does mark the next stage in Pacer’s progress,” offers Steve Iles, Senior Producer. “The game has changed significantly with a ground up re-coding of the core gameplay systems and inclusion of a wealth of new content. We’ve got some big plans for 2019 and we felt that we needed to reflect that with a name that more accurately captured the spirit of the game.”

Iles added, “For gamers who have been on board ever since we first announced the original game in 2015, this evolution is representative of our ambition to deliver more of what they love. Pacer is the realization of our original vision, but bigger and bolder.”

At launch, Pacer will bring 14 different tracks and five customizable craft to the table, building upon R8 Games’ goal of both recapturing and expanding upon the spirit of the anti-gravity racers that made their mark in the 1990s. Likewise, play will also feature a stellar soundtrack that will immerse the player in both original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more.

Key Features:
    • Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play; the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer.
    • Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit, or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats.
    • Highly customizable: Craft, weapons, and cosmetics can all be personalized.
    • Replay Mode: Capture and share amazing action clips and stills.
    • Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world.
    • Online Tournament / Spectator Mode: Allows easy streaming and encourages fun events at all levels.
    • Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes.
    • Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music.
    • OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright, aka CoLD SToRAGE.
    • In-game VOIP: Easy and fun in-game chat.
    • Hosted servers: To level the online playing field and minimize the possibility of cheating