GP discusses the latest PC cases

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    Windows doesnt add much, would of rather a second vented panel
    Third? Or fourth if you count the back panel.

2. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Third? Or fourth if you count the back panel.
    I guess third and the left and right are one panel.
    Well just have at all vented, can't see much through the window but the side of the GPU, mainboard and riser cable anyway

3. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    I guess third and the left and right are one panel.
    Well just have at all vented, can't see much through the window but the side of the GPU, mainboard and riser cable anyway
    Yeah it's a bit of a shit view from the front anyway. No rgbz to light things up

4. Post
    Well priced my arse. NZXT mini ITX case for $150, $80 PSU, $100 AIO is well priced.

5. Post
    The H210 case? Not even the same ball park, in any way. if not that one though, post the case you're comparing.

I think the design is worth that price, if you take out the cost of a gold plus, fully modular 650W PSU and a AIO cooler, you're not paying silly money for what looks like a very cool case. ITX doesn't appeal to me as my case isn't seen anyway. But if it did, something like that would be great. ~$300 for a case isn't much when considering the whole build cost.

6. Post
    Im just saying that at that price, its niche, not mainstream.

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    that is what i thought it was lol
    You weren't the only one :P

8. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Im just saying that at that price, its niche, not mainstream.
    Indeed. Even a full aluminium case (not steel like the NZXT) from Lian Li is a cheaper proposition - they are my go to case manufacturer for ITX builds. As I said above, you are paying a premium for the convenience of the other parts being included.

9. Post
    Been thinking of building a case myself out of aluminum joinery and doing something similar to that style.

10. Post
    My Sliger ITX case was almost $400 for the case with no PSU or AiO
    Value is subjective, I paid more like $800 for my case 240mm AiO and SF750 so I would have considered $650 fine.

11. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    My Sliger ITX case was almost $400 for the case with no PSU or AiO
    Value is subjective, I paid more like $800 for my case 240mm AiO and SF750 so I would have considered $650 fine.
    Been eyeing up the new sliger SV590, but the $380 USD shipped really puts me off.

ludez wrote:
    Been thinking of building a case myself out of aluminum joinery and doing something similar to that style.
    Haha so have I. Using makerbeam parts, been mocking one up on sketchup for the past week.

12. Post
    mofozilla wrote:
    Been eyeing up the new sliger SV590, but the $380 USD shipped really puts me off.

Haha so have I. Using makerbeam parts, been mocking one up on sketchup for the past week.
    Yours would turn out awesome.

13. Post
    mofozilla wrote:
    That looks awesome. You could sell me one of those.

14. Post
    I shouldn't have watched this walk through, much want. Cooling performance seems pretty good. 9900k @ 5ghz wasn't exactly cool, but pretty impressive temps for a 140mm cooler. Chuck an AMD chip in there and temps will be sweet.

15. Post
    These small form factor cases are getting really good now.

I shall definitely consider one in the next build, makes portability so much easier.

Cooling is the only compromise but there is no reason why you can't get overclocked performance and decent cooling out of a small case, air cooling maybe not but water cooling it can definitely work.

Like this, this is something I'd definitely go for :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozPPqsE7lY

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    These small form factor cases are getting really good now.

I shall definitely consider one in the next build, makes portability so much easier.

Cooling is the only compromise but there is no reason why you can't get overclocked performance and decent cooling out of a small case, air cooling maybe not but water cooling it can definitely work.

Like this, this is something I'd definitely go for :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozPPqsE7lY
    A cool $320 USD to get a Loque Ghost + Tophat

17. Post
    rather get the nouvolo steck at half the price

18. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I shouldn't have watched this walk through, much want. Cooling performance seems pretty good. 9900k @ 5ghz wasn't exactly cool, but pretty impressive temps for a 140mm cooler. Chuck an AMD chip in there and temps will be sweet.

I've always wanted to do a SFF. This could be my next case.

19. Post
    Just under $400 USD with shipping and GST ....

20. Post

21. Post
    How much is the sidearmd shipped to NZ?
    The site needs a password to get in

22. Post
    Corona virus has messed up the launch of the sidearm I believe. Around $200USD I remember seeing + shipping

23. Post
    not sure if I like the look of the line across the front, just looks a bit off.
    hopefully the shipping is cheap since it's flat-packed

24. Post
    Yea was $200USD + freight and view-able when i linked it, but not in stock.

25. Post
    Urgh, alright, I think it's time for innovation in the PC case space:
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/15600...e-2in1-chassis

The moment manufacturers give up and start dumping trash like this says it's time for a shake up back to monolithic, silent and effective:
    Name:  fsp-t-wings-678-2_575px.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  39.2 KB

Maybe smaller form factors, or completely passive machines.

When are we getting passive GPU coolers?