Bloodstained | Kickstarter from former Castlevania Producer Koji Igarashi

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

Bloodstained | Kickstarter from former Castlevania Producer Koji Igarashi

Not sure about anyone else here, but I've always been a big Castlevania fan, especially Symphony of the Night.

Looks as though this will be a spiritual successor of sorts.

Kickstarter :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-of-the-night

will be backing

3. Post
    YES! No Ayami Kojima artwork though.

Main character is animu waifu so Krimzin will heart this.

4. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    YES! No Ayami Kojima artwork though.
    Yeah, was gutted about that too, still looks cool though

5. Post
    It went up $6000 by the time I finished the video, by the time it I had finished reading it had gone up another $7000
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Main character is animu waifu so Krimzin will heart this.
    It takes more than a sexy devil to get me interested in something hair not red enough. 2D games generally don't interest me.

6. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    It went up $6000 by the time I finished the video, by the time it I had finished reading it had gone up another $7000
    Yeah, it's ticking along nicely. Would be interested to see it reach the David Hayter goal ( Which is should do )

-e- : Gone up $40k since I posted.

7. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    2D games generally don't interest me.
    This is from the developer of Mighty No. 9. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just "2.5D".

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    This is from the developer of Mighty No. 9. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just "2.5D".
    Still .5D from interesting me.

9. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Still .5D from interesting me.
    Are you you wanting another 3D iteration in the same vein as Lords of Shadow? Me too man, I'd love a 3rd installment, especially on Next Gen. Not sure if that'll happen though, but this'll do for now

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Are you you wanting another 3D iteration in the same vein as Lords of Shadow? Me too man, I'd love a 3rd installment, especially on Next Gen. Not sure if that'll happen though, but this'll do for now
    Nope (never played castlevania)
    Wishlist:
    3D platformer like Jak 1 or the early Ratchet and Clanks
    Combat racing like JacX, Rumble Racing or Motor Mayhem
    WW2 CoD or Battlefield

11. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Nope (never played castlevania)
    Wishlist:
    3D platformer like Jak 1 or the early Ratchet and Clanks
    Combat racing like JacX, Rumble Racing or Motor Mayhem
    WW2 CoD or Battlefield
    I'm sure you've heard of Yooka-Laylee coming out sir? That'll whet your appetite for a bit

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...al/video_share

12. Post
    Backed this project. As a huge fan of Metroidvania games, with Symphony of the Night being the absolute best of the Castlevania series, this tickles my fancy and is right up my alley.

13. Post
    Backed! $60 for me. I've probably played SOTN more times than I've had dinners when I used to be in Uni (199

14. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I'm sure you've heard of Yooka-Laylee coming out sir? That'll whet your appetite for a bit

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...al/video_share
    Yes, going to back it near the end of the campaign since I hate not being charged immediately.

15. Post
    $850k, we'll have David Hayter after all!

16. Post
    this looks pretty awesome(well sounds awesome) will back when i have enough money for the level that i want heh. (hopefully in the next 2 weeks)

17. Post
    This looks great, and dude made a brilliantly funny Kickstarter promo video - backing for either $28 or $60, probably $28.

18. Post
    KICKSTARTER IS DEAD! Its been ridden to obsolescence. Crowd-funding was an interesting experiment that could never be sustained!
    *Insert Tui ad here*

All it takes is the right combination of nostalgia, genuine passion, and a well presented campaign.
    Shame the Ex-wing devs didn't grasp that and instead aimed to be the next Star Citizen/Elite Dangerous rather than the next X-Wing/Tie Fighter.

19. Post
    holy crap its already reach over 1 million bucks better add to that i've been looking forward to the day he would announce his new project with his company woot woot so happy

20. Post
    Well look at that almost 5.5million, and likely to exceed that in the last hour. Very very impressive

21. Post
    64,867 backers pledged $5,545,991 to help bring this project to life.
    Damn!

22. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    Damn!
    plus what they got via paypal, which last that knew on the ending stream was another 210k at least.

glad to have backed this. a slap in the face too all the publishers they went too that said no because they didn't believe people wanted this type of game anymore.

wish i had had more too back with, maybe when they send out the emails i will be able to add somethings too my $60 pledge.

23. Post
    Wow!
    June 13, 2015
    Successfully raised $5,545,992 USD with 64,867 backers
    I bet that they won't mismanage their funds, unlike mega douche Tim Schafer ($3.3 million funded through Kickstarter but $2 million over budget!).

24. Post
    Without Tim there would be no Kickstarter as we know it, don't think he deserves to be called names for wanting more than he could afford.

25. Post
    His Kickstarter was WAY over-funded and then he couldn't control the scope of it. Oh and he has HISTORY of doing that!
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ff-tim-schafer

"I've never met him in my life – I've never had anything to do with him. I never had any involvement in the Vivendi project that they were doing, Brütal Legend, other than I was in one meeting where the guys looked at it and said, 'He's late, he's missed every milestone, he's overspent the budget and it doesn't seem like a good game. We're going to cancel it.'

"And do you know what? That seemed like a sensible thing to do. And it turns out, he was late, he missed every milestone, the game was not a particularly good game..."
    Also I haven't forgiven his douchiness here from years ago. GOD FORBID people be interested in playing your game on their platform of choice!

26. Post
    To be fair, Brutal Legend was average, and PC users weren't missing out on much.