1. Post
    ugh so not much has changed? When did you play it last?

2. Post
    2 days ago.

3. Post
    I found one of the Official servers to be super buggy, went on my friends dedicated server, no lag, no spiking, good graphics and I have an average PC (And an AMD Graphics card!)

4. Post
    It's much better now, but I never had an issue running it anyway.

5. Post
    My rig isnt amazing but it always played well (apart from occasional pauses, which they worked on)

6. Post
    Hi there, this game always crashing at my pc. My specs:

Windows 8.1
    Core i5 4690K
    Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming
    Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB
    ASUS R9 390X
    Seasonic G650W

Able to max out graphic but its constantly crashing to desktop and keep saying driver crashed and reset.. not able to play for more than an hour.. Already update to newest driver (clean install, safe mode etc and all) but keeps crashing, anyone knows how to fix it?? Thanks

7. Post
    I run it under Linux with a 980GTX. I do run at 4k but have 3d resolution set half-way because its unoptimised game. Under Linux the display shaders also corrupt and cause slowdown after a while which is a shame. Still playable but rather annoying.

Unsure if developer is interested in fixing any of the major performance issues or not, all their been doing lately is releasing patches for new dinos.....

8. Post
    Going to fresh install windows 10, I've heard it has performance increases.

9. Post
    Huge-JackOffMan wrote:
    Hi there, this game always crashing at my pc. My specs:

Windows 8.1
    Core i5 4690K
    Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming
    Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB
    ASUS R9 390X
    Seasonic G650W

Able to max out graphic but its constantly crashing to desktop and keep saying driver crashed and reset.. not able to play for more than an hour.. Already update to newest driver (clean install, safe mode etc and all) but keeps crashing, anyone knows how to fix it?? Thanks
    I just recently got a R9 390 and have heaps of crashes with it, I tried RMAing it, cause it was crashing in other games as well. When I got it back it still been crashing heaps in ark, but it was fine in everything else now. I ended up having to use my R9 290 that I had from before as a primary and disable the 390 while using ark and when I play other games I can use them both in crossfire no problems.

So it appears that 390s arnt playing nice with ark atm

My searching turned up nothing that fixed the issue, it appears just have to wait for ark to update or amd to update... im hoping when dx12 comes for ark that it will fix whatever the issue is

10. Post
    Folcan wrote:
    I just recently got a R9 390 and have heaps of crashes with it, I tried RMAing it, cause it was crashing in other games as well. When I got it back it still been crashing heaps in ark, but it was fine in everything else now. I ended up having to use my R9 290 that I had from before as a primary and disable the 390 while using ark and when I play other games I can use them both in crossfire no problems.

So it appears that 390s arnt playing nice with ark atm

My searching turned up nothing that fixed the issue, it appears just have to wait for ark to update or amd to update... im hoping when dx12 comes for ark that it will fix whatever the issue is
    geeezz what a waste of money.. oh well at least my card is doing fine with other games

11. Post
    The current or recent R9 300 series drivers are to blame for your crashing. The hardware is fine, AMD will fix the problems, either rollback drivers or update to latest Beta (if their out).

I will be getting a R9 390x soon so will be in same boat. AMD is only recently taking driver update serious, unfortunately the first few attempts are unstable.

12. Post
    I've tried every driver that will work with win 10 and it crashes with each one. On the amd forums they say use the 15.15 drivers, but those dont work in win 10. and latest beta drivers dont improve anything

13. Post
    Runs a bit shit on my 970 but loving it so far and willing to put up with the performance

New features seem to arrive at a steady clip which is cool.

14. Post
    Just a heads up for those with R9 390s that have crashing issues in Ark. it appears that the latest beta drivers from AMD have fixed the crashing.. I've been playing for 2 - 3 days and haven't had a single driver crash.

15. Post
    I'm now getting not crashes but hard freezes requiring hard reset. Haven't had software do this for a decade!

Happens after a few seconds of the gameworld loading

16. Post
    Have you tried running one of the lower memory modes or anything.

or try running dx10.

Step 1 right-click on "ARK: Survival Evolved" in your steam library and then click the "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." tab.
    and paste this in -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10

17. Post
    If you turn off all the settings on the lower left hand corner (the tick boxes), normally you get a dramatic increase in performance, even in DX11 mode. Also some settings require you to restart, even if they don't say so. For example the view distance often performs best when set to max, but can require a restart to see the extra FPS (yes odd but thats alpha).

-sm4 -d3d10 modes often result in ambient/dynamic light issues at night time not showing up. You need to modify the config files sometimes to turn em back on.

18. Post
    It's running good now, playing on an official server, bit of a time sink but enjoying it.

19. Post
    Survival of the Fittest is releasing F2P on steam today or tomorrow as a stand alone game. Should be interesting

20. Post
    Folcan wrote:
    Have you tried running one of the lower memory modes or anything.

or try running dx10.

Step 1 right-click on "ARK: Survival Evolved" in your steam library and then click the "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." tab.
    and paste this in -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10

It is probably unplayable with 4gb, definitely if you are playing on a modded server you need at least 8gb.

21. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    It's running good now, playing on an official server, bit of a time sink but enjoying it.

I have a NZ based server for anyone wanting to try something different, lots of mods (mostly building mods).

Have a look here if interested http://ark.trivial.nz/

22. Post
    Richard7666 wrote:
    Runs a bit shit on my 970 but loving it so far and willing to put up with the performance

New features seem to arrive at a steady clip which is cool.
    I am playing with an Nvidia 960 and can get 60-70fps by running a combo of medium and high settings in the gfx options. My son plays with a 970 and gets a few more fps. When the DX12 patch arrives it might be better, I guess we wont know until it does.

23. Post
    ^I posted 9 months ago, so I imagine performance has increased a lot since then

24. Post
    Yeah, they have started to work on some optimizing. Little bits here and there.

25. Post
    no, its identical to what its like when it first came out.