1. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Elaborate.
    It has simply surpassed any expectations and soothed my extremely high standards. The game sucks you in and doesn't let go.

I'm not going into game details until I've played more. And I hope whoever does the review appreciates the genre and reads through all the conversations, which are impeccable.

2. Post
    Small warning, choose carefully when lvling up, you only get one of four sections, stats/abilities/etc.

3. Post
    ok thats good enough for me - purchased

4. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Small warning, choose carefully when lvling up, you only get one of four sections, stats/abilities/etc.
    Max Might, no?

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Max Might, no?
    I'm going for intelligence, thoughts reading, smooth tongue, strong willed, intimidation etc. and haven't fought at all yet, just mind blowing everyone

6. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    I'm going for intelligence, thoughts reading, smooth tongue, strong willed, intimidation etc. and haven't fought at all yet, just mind blowing everyone
    I think if I pick this up, I will go for smooth talker pacifist play through. Mainly because combat sounds like the weakest link.

7. Post
    Too many crazy good games right now: any other year/time this would be insta-buy...but the gridlock is real.

8. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Haisley wrote:
    I think if I pick this up, I will go for smooth talker pacifist play through. Mainly because combat sounds like the weakest link.
    This is exactly what I'm doing. Seven hours in and zero fights so far

I'm on PS4 and it controls and runs fine. Loading between "levels" is pretty brutal though

9. Post
    I've had my first fight in lazaret. Not sure if this one is avoidable, since all three mainframes are heavily guarded.

10. Post
    Is
    Spoiler:
    worth keeping in the party due to any story related stuff later on?

11. Post
    I'm keeping her, on a hunch something cool happens later.

Metkina is nuts in combat.

Did anyone catch the killer?
    Spoiler:

12. Post
    I already have the game but going to give it a few months to get some solid patches. I want to experience it at its full potential.

13. Post
    Imo there are some issues with this game. Id go for Tyranny over this if you are looking for a new crpg.

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Imo there are some issues with this game. Id go for Tyranny over this if you are looking for a new crpg.
    [Haisley]elaborate[/Haisley]

15. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    having way more fun with this than tyranny.

16. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    bionic.man gets it.

17. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Well I kickstarted it but didn't really follow the progress afterwards so was surprised to see the following

- Cut content - half the stretch goals aren't even in the game including some major ones such as companions and cities. Yet they somehow found the time to port it to consoles. I find that a bit....off.

- Very very mediocre combat. Granted it's a small part of the game, but if you implement a system try and do it well. I had the same problem with the original combat system in Wasteland 2 before they tweaked it actually.

- Considering the weirdness of the world, they played it pretty safe with the companions. THey're somewhat bland.

- Some of the art style doesn't do it for me.

- The music is crap. Come to think of it, what happened to the promised orchestra?

Obviously all this is my opinion.

18. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Well I kickstarted it but didn't really follow the progress afterwards so was surprised to see the following

- Cut content - half the stretch goals aren't even in the game including some major ones such as companions and cities. Yet they somehow found the time to port it to consoles. I find that a bit....off.

- Very very mediocre combat. Granted it's a small part of the game, but if you implement a system try and do it well. I had the same problem with the original combat system in Wasteland 2 before they tweaked it actually.

- Considering the weirdness of the world, they played it pretty safe with the companions. THey're somewhat bland.

- Some of the art style doesn't do it for me.

- The music is crap. Come to think of it, what happened to the promised orchestra?

Obviously all this is my opinion.
    Good elaborating!

19. Post
    Thanks for sharing. I can't help but notice it coincides with what most of disgruntled backers are saying, which has a lot to do with goals instead the game.

I backed and forgot up to release, so my first game impression was perfect, untainted from expectations set by original Kickstarter years ago.

Art, setting, companions and story are all several tiers above both PoE and WL2, and I personally find the combat better serving the game than PoE as well.

Each to their own, but I'm more than happy with the release, and find that they've done the original justice.

As a point of interest, lead writer has asked for feedback on forums and plans on using it to further polish the game in coming updates.

From what I've read on their forums though, one companion Toy was cut, because they've decided to flesh out existing ones.

And one city was left out because they've given a major role to a different city.

I find people being upset with this quite unreasonable, and from my experience so far, these changes did nothing to lessen the quality and enjoyment.

20. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    I find people being upset with this quite unreasonable, and from my experience so far, these changes did nothing to lessen the quality and enjoyment.
    The hypocrisy here is off the charts. or have you forgotten the deluge of posts you've written about your disappointment and even anger at how a certain AAA RPG differed visually from a previously shown vertical slice demonstration? You were very upset at something that was not only extremely minor but had no impact on the actual game or any content, and was not even promised/unlocked game content or milestone. But you have the audacity to say that people are being unreasonable when multiple pieces of PROMISED content and actual game options have been removed or not even attempted. These are in addition to the cut content they apologized for not notifying backers about a while ago.

I've only played a few hours and enjoyed what I played, but the complaints from backers are not only valid, but are important. TToN obviously missed key milestones which happens in game development, but these were promised and many were unlocked stretch goals that were key to help drive additional support/revenue. That inXile never disclosed their omission to backers is a concern about how they operate(d) as a crowd-funded developer. These obviously also changed the actual game in many ways.

I have no strong opinion about how these things impacted the game as I simply have not played enough to have an opinion, but how inXile has conducted themselves is unacceptable. I also believe that any player being disappointed by the omission of this promised content and game elements is completely justified.

21. Post
    Oh dear. You've managed to latch onto one sentence, isolate it out of context, and rub it on your rectal ache.

Your issue is lack of communication and I actually agree with that part. The fact someone has an issue one city is replaced with another, because it better serves the story is absolutely unreasonable.

I don't see how is this in anyway similar to Witcher 3, where they've actually gone though production process, then reversed it to accommodate consoles. Furthermore, it appears you lack fundamental knowledge of Sapkowski's world to fully appreciate why World of Warcraft pallette is not as suitable as dark and grimy preset of the intial 2013 demo. The issue is multifaceted, and it affects atmosphere and how players perceive the mood, story and world setting. If you wish to discuss this further, flick me a PM.

I hope you can block all the bad stuff that happened to you as a backer, and enjoy the game.
    Just like with Witcher 3, regardless of what marketing and management have done, devs have made a great game.

22. Post
    No, you again project your own preconceived ideas about what you incorrectly THINK happened with that game and label that as some kind of betrayal, and somehow think that your fantasy world conspiracy is actually more of an issue than actual cut game content promised to players.

Well done.

Before saying anyone is being unreasonable have a good long hard look at yourself.

23. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    No, you again project your own preconceived ideas about what you incorrectly THINK happened with that game and label that as some kind of betrayal, and somehow think that your fantasy world conspiracy is actually more of an issue than actual cut game content promised to players.

Well done.

Before saying anyone is being unreasonable have a good long hard look at yourself.
    Quickly before edit!

But I don't label it as betrayal and I certainly don't put it above backer relationship issues. You brought it up.

You're not making any sense and yet somehow managed to work your way into a rage induced rant.

Has your trip south done nothing to alleviate tension?

24. Post
    Let me break this down for you so you understand.

bionic.man:
    - for months posts about a "downgrade" in TW3 and invents/constantly regurgitates unsubstantiated internet conspiracies about it. Constantly get upset about it and waves it around as an example of a developer being dishonest. Despite this comparison being based on unfinished "may not represent finished product" in-progress vertical slice demonstration(s).
    - calls players/backers unreasonable for complaining about actual content and game elements that were cut from a game that was promised by the developer. Some of which were highlighted and promoted features used to garner more interest and funding.
    - claims I am ranting for merely pointing this out. Where prey-tell is this so called rant?

smh.

25. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Let me break this down for you so you understand.

bionic.man:
    - for months posts about a "downgrade" in TW3 and invents/constantly regurgitates unsubstantiated internet conspiracies about it. Constantly get upset about it and waves it around as an example of a developer being dishonest. Despite this comparison being based on unfinished "may not represent finished product" in-progress vertical slice demonstration(s).
    - calls players/backers unreasonable for complaining about actual content and game elements that were cut from a game that was promised by the developer. Some of which were highlighted and promoted features used to garner more interest and funding.
    - claims I am ranting for merely pointing this out. Where prey-tell is this so called rant?

smh.
    This is now an embarrassing ad hominem attempt, escaping ever further from the facts and what's been posted here.

You've contributed nothing of value for someone who's barely played the game, but have derailed yet another topic with your whine.

At what point does your shame trigger activates? Do you require a warning from an admin (again) in order to behave?