Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    New backer update comes bearing goodness, highlight:

"To that end, we are pleased to announce that we will be working on additional content and updates for Torment post-release. These updates will include:

Oom ("The Toy" companion).

Voluminous Codex.

Crisis system improvements.

Our initial updates to the game will focused on bug fixes, optimizations, and other improvements, while the content additions will come later down the line. Both the patches and content updates will, of course, be completely free for all Torment owners, including backers, PC buyers, and console players. We will have more news on these in the coming weeks and months!"

As if there was any doubt they'll keep working on it.

Accolades trailer:
    Last edited by mintyOnion; 11th March 2017 at 2:13 pm.

2. Post
    I probably would have put the Gamespot 9/10, RPS and EG recommended banners front and centre: 8.8 as a centrepiece (even from IGN) isn't that great sounding (even though I know, 8.8 is a perfectly great score: purely marketing wise I mean).

3. Post
    Clocked last night. Great game, but rough ending. Would recommend waiting for updates and patches.

4. Post
    Which should be standard advice for any inXile game (and obsidian for that matter) .

5. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Which should be standard advice for any inXile game (and obsidian for that matter) .
    Kind of why I haven't touched Tyranny yet.

PoE went through a whole bunch of gameplay updates between launch where it's at now.

6. Post
    Planescape countdown being promoted by Wizards of the Coast (current copyright holders I think?) and this https://twitter.com/BeamdogInc/statu...82990682243077 - Planescape Beamdog Remaster??

ChrisB, you'd be into some of this mang.

7. Post
    IST wrote:
    Planescape countdown being promoted by Wizards of the Coast (current copyright holders I think?) and this https://twitter.com/BeamdogInc/statu...82990682243077 - Planescape Beamdog Remaster??

ChrisB, you'd be into some of this mang.
    That is the general consensus. Beamdog have been teasing a new project for a while.
    He also posted this: linky to Trent Oster Facebook post
    I hope it is!

Unfortunately this game really is not doing it for me. Its fine, but some of the writing is cringey as hell. Also seems to be pushing the "strange" angle instead of interesting. These things are not interchangeable.
    I do think the story is more interesting than Pillars was, but its nowhere close to being as well written. It reads like Young Adult sci-fi most of the time. Considering the target audience when it was being Kickstarted, having the writing feel like it was aimed at 13 year old's is problematic. It also doesn't gel with the tone because it feels too earnest and not emotionally grounded. Its a real shame too.
    Mechanically I like it a lot, but its still a bit bung. I'll leave it for a few months and hope some bug squashing can smooth things out. Its almost really good, but like Andromeda there is some jank and execution issues that hold it back.

I will say that I have no regrets about backing it. Seems to me that if its gets the same sort of treatment as PoE did, then we could have something really special here.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 27th March 2017 at 10:36 pm.

8. Post
    I'd buy the living shit out of a Torment remaster. But please don't add to the game. Just tidy up the UI, enhance the visuals, make it run nicely on modern computers, and remove more bugs. I guess re-adding some cut content may be ok if the writing was already there.

As for this game, I also have to say it's not doing much for me. To each their own, I know some people love it.

9. Post
    Yeah, this is a thing I am all too eager for!

10. Post
    Looks like a big patch is out

Highlights

Fixed a large number of freezes that would happen in various states.
    Numerous performance optimizations
    Addendum text should now be appearing on item descriptions. Many dozens of items now have more details depending on your lore skills and other factors!
    Fixed an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative!
    Updated a number of crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In some situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly with combats that were sluggish.
    Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang as combat could get stuck in numerous situations.
    Several quest and conversation fixes.
    Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been removed.

11. Post
    Planescape remaster confirmed, so I made a separate thread

12. Post
    Got my collectors edition today and it is in perfect condition. Not a scratch on the box and the cloth map is very good quality compared to most other cloth maps in the last 5 years. The artbook is also of good quality. Very happy. 10/10 as a collectable.

13. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Looks like a big patch is out
    Looks like RPGs just aren't worth playing upon release any more, even sacred cow Witcher 3 which everybody gave rimjobs to required several months of additional patching to sort out unpolished gameplay systems and UI. Will wait for the Enhanced Edition with all of the DLC before I touch Torment.

14. Post
    korgz wrote:
    Got my collectors edition today and it is in perfect condition. Not a scratch on the box and the cloth map is very good quality compared to most other cloth maps in the last 5 years. The artbook is also of good quality. Very happy. 10/10 as a collectable.
    I disagree. The "cloth" map is junk. Low grade synthetic crap. So not cloth at all. Print quality though is decent. But the print will separate from the "cloth" sooner rather than later.
    Art book is tiny and actually has a lot of wireframe crap in it, and tiny region pictures. Very little concept art, and even less quality full page prints.
    Disc sleeve is super cheap and really crap
    Manual is flimsy and disappointing
    CD is good. Case is good
    Box is cool. Inner is cheap paper thin crap. It supports nothing and is has completely failed in mine.
    Oh, and my box is damaged because there were no packing materials around the game box, or in the game box.

Cheap as shit. Not collectible worthy in the slightest. I really want an actual disc case for the game. This card crap is unacceptable. The fold-out one in Planescape was vastly superior.

15. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I disagree. The "cloth" map is junk. Low grade synthetic crap. So not cloth at all.
    It is cloth and to say that it is not is factually wrong. It is cotton duck cloth. If you are expecting a lightly packed woven cloth like the Ultimas you most likely have unrealistic expectations in this day and age. You would likely have to get that done in a place like Bangladesh or India. It might be hard to source that exact cloth and besides, it is 100x better than the PoE and Original Sin cloth maps! You have to at least admit that!
    Last edited by korgz; 3rd April 2017 at 8:58 pm. Reason: Corrected misleading statement

16. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Would recommend waiting for updates and patches.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Will wait for the Enhanced Edition with all of the DLC before I touch Torment.
    Yes, that is the best thing to do, for any game really.

Unfortunately, consumer expectations are working against consumers, so instead of straight up being honest, devs sugarcoat content which should already be there as "free DLC" and other "favours" for free karma.

As long as game eventually turns out alright, through patches and DLC, it's the best we can hope for today.

17. Post
    korgz wrote:
    It is cloth and to say that it is not is factually wrong. It is cotton duck cloth. If you are expecting a lightly packed woven cloth like the Ultimas you most likely have unrealistic expectations in this day and age. You would likely have to get that done in a place like Bangladesh or India. It might be hard to source that exact cloth and besides, it is 100x better than the PoE and Original Sin cloth maps! You have to at least admit that!
    You mean like the great map that came with Siege of Dragonspear, or the fantastic one in DAI? That is not unrealistic. This rubbery thing is not acceptable. Yes, its much better than PoE and DOS. But those are crap and both developers have apologized and assured backers that they will never include garbage like that again.

The overall quality of this CE is very very low. Considering how much is in it there is no excuse.
    Just look at the Siege of Dragonspear CE. Its spectacular! The price difference? $5.

DRM-free copy of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on DVD in an actual case!
    Massive slip cover rigid box made of high quality super-thick card with high quality faux velvet compartment inner liner, not some thin cartridge paper.
    Complete soundtrack of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
    Actual cloth map of the Sword Coast with stitched edges
    Hard Cover Full-color copy of Bence Duncan's Field Report with removable, collectible Baldur's Gate coin
    Spiral-bound hardcover official Baldur's Gate Adventurer's Guide with updated rules and mechanics
    Metal dragon's head amulet on a strap necklace. Its a bit junky, but the only disappointment in the box. With a better cord it would be a lot cooler.
    7 Siege of Dragonspear-themed collector's dice, housed in a velvet dice bag.

Name:  bgsod.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  636.8 KB

18. Post
    Just occurred to me I never played Dragonspear. How is it? Worthy of the original base game?

19. Post
    ^^ I've wondered that too: didn't review so well though if I remember rightly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Dragonspear is pretty good. Not as good as BG or BG2 but certainly fits in as an expansion. And once they removed some of the unfortunate "flavor" text and squashed some bugs it even better.

On the TToN front. It seems like Techland did actually screw backers over. The manual was supposed to be better than the one included and the one in the retail edition was supposed to be smaller. But they tinkered without permission and broke one of their promises. Also inXile have yet to receive either of the Collectors Editions for appraisal and were sent no samples. So maybe something will be done about the shit that was delivered.

21. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    The price difference? $5.
    You didn't buy Torment, you backed it and the reward you got was a collectors box. Completely different things as a good chunk of your pledge went to actually funding the game. Of course you don't know exactly what you are going to get but technically according to the Kickstarter rewards they delivered exactly what they said they were going to. If your box was damaged in shipping then get a replacement sent. I agree, it doesn't look as good as that Siege of Dragonspear CE. And if what you are saying about the manual is correct it isn't really fair to blame inXile for that. The WL2 manual was superior so it makes sense that it was Techland who stuffed up.

22. Post
    Yes is 100% fair to blame them. They washed their hands of the whole backer side and gave it to a 3rd party. Not acceptable especially when we as backers should not have to deal with Techland. We didn't give them money and they wont see any from us for any game sales. inXile have an obligation to their backers, and they decided to either ignore that, or pass it on to someone else. Either way its a breach of trust imo.

The issue is the quality of the contents. A tiny art book with a lot of not actual art included. Who the hell includes a bunch of meshes in an art book? Shitty quality disc sleeve. Flimsy manual not as described, and a box interior made to the lowest possible standard.

In the end every single issue falls at the feet of inXile. They are the company I gave my money to. Their responsibility. They should have had input about quality of content, the content itself, and should have signed off on manufacturer samples. It seems a lot of this did not happen seeing as we have people in the company saying they've not seen any of the content of either CE. The fact they had an agreement that the retail version could not be superior to the backer one, but did not ensue this is another issue.

There is a difference between delivering the bare minimum, and delivering quality.

23. Post
    Huge update rolled out, delivering on original Kickstarter goals (companion, codex), but more importantly, fixing and balancing the game mechanics, UI.
    New backer goodies available for download.

I'd say if anyone held off from playing, now is a good time to jump in.

Props to the devs for keeping at it, and lol at Chris for getting banned twice on their forums
    Last edited by mintyOnion; 17th May 2017 at 8:53 am.

24. Post
    I was not banned twice. It was three times.
    But there is a lot going on you dont know about. I've been speaking with the CM over the past week. And he dun ****ed up. Big time. He finally understands that.
    Deleting developer posts to hide issues or even worse admission of those issues is generally frowned upon, especially if someone screen caps them before deletion.
    I can't say any more than this at this time.

By all means play the game if you have it, but don't ever give inXile another dollar. They don't deserve it.