1. Post

The Witcher 3 Mods Thread

Link to useful and cool mods for The Witcher 3 that you might find.

Wealthy Vendors with Fair Sale
    Like with Skyrim, New Vegas and Fallout 3 before it, I've gotten sick of the broke ass merchants in TW3. This mod is a much needed quality of life improvement IMO.

2. Post
    THANKS EVa

3. Post
    Wondered how long it would be before mods started popping up. Hopefully CDPR will take notice and patch stuff themselves for the mods that are bug fixes ect.

4. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Wondered how long it would be before mods started popping up. Hopefully CDPR will take notice and patch stuff themselves for the mods that are bug fixes ect.
    Maybe we will see REDKit 2 in a month or so when the performance/bug patches have settled down.

“Yes, yes, yes we will. There will be an editor,” Iwinski said. “For Witcher 2 we released it quite late. For Witcher 3 it will be faster.”

I'm not sure if it'll have the same following as Elder Scrolls, but we may well see complete texture overhauls and additional fan made quests etc.

5. Post
    Necro as, but relevant.

Who's played the Ghost Mode and/or W3EE (Enhanced Edition) mods, as I'm looking at doing a first ever modded playthrough for my 4th, didn't get far into B&W either so most of that to go for this adventure too.

I'm playing only on controller, so it seems W3EE's coolest features may not work (the manual short/mid/long range attacks) which sucks perhaps unless I'm mistaken: Ghost Mode overhaul seems more like an improved vanilla experience, but the souls like combat look of W3EE seems very tempting...

Thoughts from those that have delved?

Heard both mods make it much more difficult too which is welcome, DM was an easy ride mostly, down for some challenge!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Post
    I played both. But ditched them for fcr3.

Fcr3 is like vanilla fixed. Ghost and enhanced are too far removed from what you've grown to know from your previous 3 playthroughs.

7. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I played both. But ditched them for fcr3.

Fcr3 is like vanilla fixed. Ghost and enhanced are too far removed from what you've grown to know from your previous 3 playthroughs.
    Just found this: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3142

It's a full operational mod (well antimicro profile) that allows the short/mid/long range attacks with the advanced targeting in W3EE, also allows for instant sign casting and has Soulsborne RB/RT as attack too.... yikes, W3EE all of a sudden seems super soulslike appealing to me.

Might roll the dice and try it out, worst case scenerio I uninstall and go for Ghost Mode I guess - preparations and friendly meditation seem like awesome mods too to go with it (all the same author as GM).

8. Post
    40 hours into my Ghost Mode Death March playthrough: HOLY SHIT bros, THIS is how you're supposed to play the game!!

Everything has been reworked, tweaked and adjusted to just make more sense...you find area specific loot in places and she (WastelandGhost, the mod author) has re-named and designed a lot of the loot from the ground up (new names, slightly different designs, set bonuses for relic and magic/blue loot even) so looting actually feels worthwhile and fun (the biggest flaw for me in TW3 vanilla easy). I totally ignored food in vanilla...but here, you really appreciate finding better food on people since you really need to use it to survive now in the wild as combat is crazy smart and unforgiving (but balanced and fun with better experience dolled out since I have levels all turned off as suggested by the mod author).

The balancing is off the charts too, you need to loot monsters, humans, chests and houses to get ahead $$ wise: and there are SO many things to buy now that actually enhance your adventure, and you'll need to take advantage of all of these things - since the AI is freaking CRAZY smart in combat now....it's randomised too to a degree, so you can't just telegraph set moves, gotta use parry, signs, oils, decoctions(totally reworked also) and potions to beat a large group - Wraiths and Spiders are ****ing insane smart...so rewarding once you win though! I have the levels worked to +1/-1 range, so you never know if the monster around the corner is going to be a killer or slightly less deadly (even 1 level up with this mod makes something waaay more deadly than you even in just the AI!).

I'm using a bunch of mods the same author made to compliment Ghost Mode also (Preparations, Friendly Meditation, Friendly HUD and a bunch of other small tweaks like fast travel spots at Crow's Perch and Hattori), game literally feels 100% new again and it feels so damn good bros....I can't gush enough. I always wondered what the ignite/aard things were for, and campfires...but now with meditation being a HUGE part of the game (all alchemy, repairs, slight healing is done only when meditating) it's so immersive and fun - wood is required to do this for fires...so those junk ladders and ladles finally have a use (you can deconstruct junk and alchemical things in meditation also, so every piece of loot is potentially a great find). You can also use existing light sources for meditation, so relaxing popping down in front of a candle and doing your 'woo-sahs' whilst brewing a new batch of bombs/oils lol.

The Witcher 3 vanilla is a great story driven RPG with very flawed gameplay, but Ghost Mode and the aforementioned mods really changes it so you will love combat, exploration and looting again...and beating that contract or large monster actually feels worthwhile now, since they drop far better loot which you'll need if you want to survive in this hearty beast of an overhaul mod.

9.5/10 - Would Mod Again.

9. Post
    I've come back to Witcher 3 ( was 30 hours in, just got to Skellige basically) - took a break of ~6 months and i'm finding it bloody impossible to get back into it. Anyone else had the same issue? Should I just start it all again?

10. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    I've come back to Witcher 3 ( was 30 hours in, just got to Skellige basically) - took a break of ~6 months and i'm finding it bloody impossible to get back into it. Anyone else had the same issue? Should I just start it all again?
    Never had that problem.

Finished it 4 times since launch

11. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Mod it with my mod list, feels like a totally new and improved TW3 experience although it can be somewhat brutal at times on DM...I'm having a ball though!

Will donk the full one up for you once back from holiday If you're interested- main ones I can remember are:

Ghost Mode Overhaul
    Preparations
    Friendly Meditation + HUD + Stash
    Enhanced Targeting (So damn essential)
    TW3 Gameplay Tweaks (jump in water, cat vision in witcher vision, gallop in towns)
    All light sources cast shadows (this was a game changer actually, huge difference!)
    Lore Friendly Witchers +Yen (purple and cat eyes that reflect more light)
    Realistic Weather (so good!)
    Scabbards for all NPCs
    All Quest Objectives on Map
    Nitpickers+Unification patches (essential)
    Gwent Card Dealer in Novigrad
    Better Icons+Coloured Map Markers
    Sort Everything (essential on controller)
    Nude Mods + Nude Geralt for Immersion*

Use Witcher 3 Mod Manager for every single mod install (def not NMM, which doesnt do TW3 mods well) and Script Merger to merge the odd conflict (not the bundled XML ones though, just prioritise certain ones there)...and boom! Brand spanking new amazing Witcher 200 hours ahead, and it REALLY feels like a new remaster or something...can't gush enough man.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. Post
    Geralt looks next level awesome with The Butcher of Blaviken

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2283?tab=files

Install the main mod (other flavours will be out soon), the optional hairworks file, and

Disable Fake Lights

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3178

13. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Geralt looks next level awesome with The Butcher of Blaviken

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2283?tab=files

Install the main mod (other flavours will be out soon), the optional hairworks file, and

Disable Fake Lights

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3178
    I'm using that Geralt now too with the lore eyes add-on: so dreamy

This Witcher playthrough is the gift that keeps on giving - at 80 hours already and not even in Skellige yet

14. Post

15. Post
    "A new Ciri texture to make the game more diverse"
    Dead

So an update, 120 hours in, bloody loving it, Ghost Mode mod still rocking my balls hard

Saturday night and no gig for once and girl is away on biz, rocking a pizza and Witcher, Netflix and a bit later on, Forsaken