Headphones for PC gaming

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    There are those cheap little clip-on mics that do the trick too. So then you can choose from all the proper headphones.

Personally always just used a regular mic somewhere in front of me, but that only works in a quiet environment.

2. Post
    I personally love these. specially at this price ( considering that they are $400 in the US)

http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/comput...a-headset.html

http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/

3. Post
    It's slightly above your budget, but I recommend a pair of Bose QuietComfort 25: http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...t_25/index.jsp

Audio quality and comfort are already top-notch, but the absolute game changer is the active noise-cancelling. I use mine to play games/watch movies on both PC (with decent sound card) and PS4 (via controller plug). It gives the eerie effect of being inside a recording room, and playing competitive FPS with it is pretty godly. Oh, it also has detachable cable, and comes with a very snug storage case that's only a little bigger than a glasses case.

I use a clip-on mic for when I need mic. You can definitely find much cheaper ones, but the one I'm using one from Audio-Technica.

4. Post
    ^As someone who has a pair of QC2 and QC15 headphones and gamed on them for a decade, they really don't have anything on the ADG1s for gaming. I still find them on par with the ADG1s for music and the QC15s are great for noisy situations but if you're at home, there's no benefit to the noise cancelling and the ADG1s have better positional audio.

5. Post
    Didn't find the QC25s particularly good for music, not for the price anyway.

6. Post
    If you don't need a mic, QC15/25 would be what I would get, but the biggest benefit is their use in air-travel. Cannot explain how much I love my QC15s for long haul flights. Who cares about sound quality when you have that level of noise cancellation!

I use Logitech G930s for gaming, no complain of product, but only comparing them against SIberia V2, and G35s. They do the job and they do it well, and the wireless-ness is an added convenience!

7. Post
    Any good headphones for under $150? This $300-500 seems like an overkill. I've been using HD439's for the last two years but I'm thinking of upgrading.

8. Post
    refused wrote:
    Any good headphones for under $150? This $300-500 seems like an overkill. I've been using HD439's for the last two years but I'm thinking of upgrading.
    Try find an Audio Technica ATH-AD700X: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B009S332TQ

I have an older model (AD500), and it has decent audio quality and is amazingly comfortable. The only trade-off is that it's open-air, meaning you are trading noise reduction for comfort.

9. Post
    AKG Q701s are pretty decent gaming headphones apparently from headfi threads

10. Post
    booyah wrote:
    Cheers! These are looking like the ones for me.

11. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    If you want a mic, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1:

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=20791
    They do look good (as do other Audio Technica's like the AD700), but the lack of detachable cable and Audio Technica's "3D wings" are largely why I want to ditch my current ATH-A500's. Those 3D wings are fantastic until they break off, then you have to wear the cans in a certain way otherwise the broken nub gets driven into your skull. The cable on my A500 got pulled one day, now I can only get stereo sound if I jiggle around the plug for like 30 seconds.

booyah wrote:
    Cheers! These are the best that I've seen to date in terms of pricing, quality and features that I'm looking for.

GhoX wrote:
    It's slightly above your budget, but I recommend a pair of Bose QuietComfort 25: http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...t_25/index.jsp
    $300 USD is quite high, I'll pass.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Now that I have a full beast PC, I'm turning my head to audio needs. My Audiotechnica ATH-500s that I bought like ~7 years ago is on its last legs.

• Not really interested in "7.1 gaming ZOMG" gear like Turtle Beach, but will give a look in if you're adamant about the quality of a particular pair. If I was doing some online console gaming too I'd definitely more strongly consider a platform agnostic gaming heatset, but that's incredibly unlikely.
    • Audio quality is pretty important. I'm willing to pay for quality, but within reason. Current budget will be $300.
    • My sound card is a Creative X-Fi Titanium. Would it pay to get a headphone amp too? I don't think the sound card has a boosted headphone port.
    • I should probably mention that do ALL of my media consumption on my PC, so TV, movies, music too.

Currently considering this one, Audiotechnica ATH-M50X. The detachable cable is a big selling point for me and also the lack of the "3D wing" head pads that the ATH-Ax00/ADx00 models have. M50s are supposed to be studio and DJ headphones, so they should be durable as hell.

Attachment 204566
    I've got both the ATH-AD400 and M50's.

M50's are my goto for music and movies.

AD400's for games.

While the M50's are better in terms of pure sound quality, they really are not comfortable for extended periods. The ATH's on the other hand sound good and I can wear them for a day.

13. Post
    refused wrote:
    Grado SR60, AT M40X, Sennheiser HD518, Sony MDR7506, Koss ProDJ 200. With the 439s though, I'd consider maybe upping your budget towards $200 to get a decent enough jump, otherwise look at headphones with a completely different sound signature, like the Grados, so rather than buying something that's the same but a little better, you're buying something that's better and different.

14. Post
    Word Of Madness wrote:
    Grado SR60, AT M40X, Sennheiser HD518, Sony MDR7506, Koss ProDJ 200. With the 439s though, I'd consider maybe upping your budget towards $200 to get a decent enough jump, otherwise look at headphones with a completely different sound signature, like the Grados, so rather than buying something that's the same but a little better, you're buying something that's better and different.
    I frequently hear people saying to not buy Grado's until you've had a listen for yourself to see if you like the difference.

I also hear they're terrible for gaming but I can't remember how solid that was.

15. Post
    Absolutely fine for gaming. I never understood the whole 'good for gaming' thing. If it sounds good for music, it'll sound good in games. I guess if you're trying to be uber competitive in CSGOor something and need to pinpoint every footstep and bullet sound, but otherwise I don't see the problem.

16. Post
    So i went through this battle about 2 years back and ended up getting the HD800 ($1500 bucks).
    If I can give you any tips, don't go down that road. For gaming you want decent sounding, slightly bass exaggerated, easy to wear for longm periods and robust headphones with inbuilt mic that WHEN they get damaged, you dont cringe..

Do not convince yourself of anything else, therefore id recommend something like the wireless steel series headphone or something series.

17. Post
    http://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/h-wireless - anyone tried these? Would be keen to see feedback on these, the cups don't look that comfy.

My Logitech G930's finally on last legs (after 3-4 years of solid hard usage) - got my money's worth there, they sounded sweet as too would endorse them unless you're some supreme audiophile.

As far as wireless headsets go the options don't seem so great atm - everyone seems to pimp A50's/Steelseries H's and theres some others

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-W...ct_top?ie=UTF8 - Turtle Beach Wireless ones seemed ok in reviews but i'd love to test these out

18. Post
    Snu wrote:
    So i went through this battle about 2 years back and ended up getting the HD800 ($1500 bucks).
    Jesus Christ, that's ~60% the cost of my current PC! I'm definitely NOT going to spend any more than $350.

19. Post

Headphones for PC gaming

I use senhieser PC 350 for my
    Work PC and phone, only complaint is not enough bass, everything else is awesome. Could say the same about the ath700 Bass isn't that bad with a decent sound card anyway.

At home I use ath m50x with mod mic. Great all round. Also have to use sure 900 head phone pads to mAke more comfortable. But would also be happy with the PC 350. Kinda drunk, don't remember some details

20. Post
    I have no idea why you chose such an expensive soundcard, but I'm pretty sure there's no reason to buy an amp on top of.

21. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    I have no idea why you chose such an expensive soundcard, but I'm pretty sure there's no reason to buy an amp on top of.
    It was ~$110 off Ebay. I bought it for legacy support; it's the last true hardware-based Creative card with full support for all of the EAX effects that you would get in PC games up until ~2006/2007. Otherwise I probably would've just bought an Asus Xonar.

If I'm putting together a capable gaming PC I'm not going to get enthusiast level components in all other categories but then just settle for on-board sound.

22. Post
    Need more options in the market for wireless.

Once you go wireless you can't go back, it's like ssd vs hdd or 60hz vs 144hz. Now I just everything wireless

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Once you go wireless you can't go back
    It has one big advantage, but I still went back
    Twice