Headphones for PC gaming

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)

1. Post
    I can't do it. I fully realise a wired set with sound card produces the better sound but I cannot stand the dog leash coming from my left ear. Wireless is Freedom

2. Post
    Wireless is gross

3. Post
    G930 master race till better comes along

4. Post
    What did you go with Eva? Gief us your impressions

5. Post
    By that notion you should go with wireless mice and keyboard too, which are god awful.
    But listening to taylor swift while pooping is soothing i guess.

6. Post
    I'm unable to feel the sarcasm over how comfortable it is to lie down on a couch with a wireless headset, playing with a wireless controller on a big screen, with legs propped up on the armrest comfortably, allowing draft to cleanse the heat from the regions normally sealed on an office chair.

7. Post
    God damn it, CL still hasn't shipped out my Sennheiser HD558s and Xonar DGX. Should have used that warp shipping option but felt cheap...

8. Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for PC & Xbox one headphones? Looking at getting these maybe?

9. Post
    Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Gaming on Massdrop for $195 USD including shipping so about 285 NZD , slightly cheaper than local

10. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Gaming on Massdrop for $195 USD including shipping so about 285 NZD , slightly cheaper than local
    Why would you when you can get the much better Audio Technica ADG-1 for $329NZD.

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p&partid=20791

11. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Why would you when you can get the much better Audio Technica ADG-1 for $329NZD.

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p&partid=20791
    Still way overpriced for what they are, essentially an ad700x with a microphone.

12. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Still way overpriced for what they are, essentially an ad700x with a microphone.
    a very very good microphone.

the G4ME ZERO is essentially a PC350 with a (worse than the ADG-1's) microphone.
    Not to mention is grey-market as hell selling those on Massdrop due to supplier agreements with Sennheiser.

13. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    a very very good microphone.

the G4ME ZERO is essentially a PC350 with a (worse than the ADG-1's) microphone.
    Not to mention is grey-market as hell selling those on Massdrop due to supplier agreements with Sennheiser.
    This. I got that headset at this guy's recommendation ages back. The microphone is, as he says, very very good. It's durable, it doesn't get in the way and it's easy to put out of the way / bring back out (it's flexible and it has a swivel), and the audio is clear.

If you spend a lot of time gaming or at the PC with headphones on then there's even more reason to go with audio-technica.. for me at least, they're a lot more comfortable than sennheisers. I don't even remember I'm wearing em a lot of the time.

14. Post
    Don't think anyone has asked if he wants a closed or open headphone yet....?

15. Post
    the last bit is best, Speakers is better

16. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Only when positioned correctly which is for gamers, none of the time.

17. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    since when? speakers are crap for directional sound as compared to the price of decent headphones

18. Post
    Just saw Computer Lounge have the http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=24806, which comfortably addresses the only problem I have with my ATH-M50s (and aging HD555s). Woot!

19. Post
    or just buy a cheap webcam.

Anyway what makes a good gaming headphone sound properties wise is the exactly the same as what makes a good headphone.

Wide and deep soundstage with a frequency response that mirrors how the ears listen to speakers.

Basically see the Sennheiser HD800 with slightly boosted bass / mirrored to speaker flatline response

Combine it with a 'good' surround sound DSP like Razer Surround for directional gaming...

Reason why I say 'good' is that the Sensaaura / Aureal3D tech that made up EAX died a long time ago and along with that, object oriented directional sound cues in gaming.
    Last edited by ChineseKiwi; 5th July 2015 at 1:32 am.

20. Post
    I think i found the best bang for buck. Oppo pm-3. At 469 bucks and a 20 dollar mic cable you get incredible quality that can be used for xbox ps pc and phone as well as portable. Note as it is closed back its soundstage is not great but then again if you have open back you cant use it outside nor can you use it when everyone is asleep!

Loving it!

21. Post
    How is $469 bang for buck?

22. Post
    The new HyperX cloud are the best sub $100 gaming headsets atm

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...Black/22885357

Lots of good reviews about them on Amazon

23. Post
    gpig wrote:
    The new HyperX cloud are the best sub $100 gaming headsets atm

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...Black/22885357

Lots of good reviews about them on Amazon
    +1 they're great, I find them pretty comfortable, nice build quality. Been keeping my ears warm this winter.

24. Post
    Simonatron wrote:
    +1 they're great, I find them pretty comfortable, nice build quality. Been keeping my ears warm this winter.
    Yeah I have the Cloud 2 (basically the same but slightly newer) and love them for gaming.

25. Post
    I use these Nighthawk headphone of Audioquest.

https://baybloorradio.com/headphones/over-ear/nighthawk

This is the first pair of headphone from Audioquest. My cousin in Toronto bought this headphone from Bay bloor radio near his home. He gave me some great reviews about the product and i ordered it online. Over the years i have used so many headphones and there is nothing like this one.It is made using liquid wood. The cable is based on Audioquest loudspeaker cables.In less than $1000 it is awesome.