Headphones for PC gaming

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

1. Post
    Volume dial on keyboard master race reporting in.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Volume dial on keyboard master race reporting in.
    Yep. Since ages ago.

Dat metal K70 wheel doe

3. Post
    If there's one media feature I would want on a keyboard it would be that. **** all the other shit.

4. Post
    I just reprogram keys on my numpad as media keys using a program called keytweak... really handy since I never use those keys anyway. I pretty much keep volume at max though and use my receiver or headphone amp to control volume, as you should.

/ = play/pause
    * = mute
    + = vol up
    - = vol down

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Yep. Since ages ago.

Dat metal K70 wheel doe
    This is my jam. What I use

6. Post
    You guys need a rapoo kx

7. Post
    Can't stand touch sensitive buttons on a KB. The Lycosa drove me mad with them.

8. Post
    I have it on my KB too, no idea why I got ones with volume dongle didn't think it would be annoying but oh god I was wrong.

9. Post
    I had to bust out the 6.3mm phono cable for the headphones to hook up to my new receiver. Not having 3.5mm stereo jack is bizarre for consumer-grade electronics. Previously I'd only encountered professional audio equipment which used 6.3mm, like DJ turntables.

ludez wrote:
    You guys need a rapoo kx
    ROFL, mechanical keyboards are 100% placebo effect.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    ROFL, mechanical keyboards are 100% placebo effect.
    In what way?

11. Post
    It's not placebo it is preference, Do you like chocolate milk vs vanilla. Same shit different taste

12. Post
    Yeah I'm not sure many people would actually definitively say they they're better for one thing or the other. I prefer mine for typing definitely, because it has a nice feel to it and is generally better constructed, and easier to customise with your own keycaps etc

It's mostly down to looks, but yeah, it's preference. It'd be placebo if every single mechanical keyboard ever is meant to be better for every single thing you could possibly do on a PC, but they're not, and nobody claims they are.

13. Post
    ludez wrote:
    It's not placebo it is preference, Do you like chocolate milk vs vanilla. Same shit different taste
    I liken it more to eggs. Do you like them hard boiled? Soft boiled? Somewhere in between?

Tastes the same, but feels different

14. Post
    I like the fact that I've had the same 6Gv2 keyboard for almost a decade and the only thing I've replaced are keycaps that have worn out.

Pretty good investment for the $120~ it cost me. As opposed to replacing rubber dome boards that die frequently (mine did anyway.)

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I had to bust out the 6.3mm phono cable for the headphones to hook up to my new receiver. Not having 3.5mm stereo jack is bizarre for consumer-grade electronics. Previously I'd only encountered professional audio equipment which used 6.3mm, like DJ turntables.
    6.3mm is pretty standard for high-grade headphones and is also the standard for most receivers (certainly true of all the ones I've owned).

16. Post
    Even though I'm on my 3rd pair after a failed mic connector RMA last week: I have to still stand behind the Logi G930s, 4th times a charm
    A special shoutout to MA for being the best customer service company since ever, they are always great (same with CL).

Also mech KB volume adjustment master race signing in

17. Post
    After using a Cherry mechanical keyboard for 6 years, I switched to a Topre keyboard which is a combination of mechanical and rubber dome.

Expensive af, but I regret nothing. I would not go back.

18. Post
    I know it is super hard to describe but what does a topre feel like?

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I know it is super hard to describe but what does a topre feel like?
    Soft and quiet, but the keycaps are hard, and textured. I'm not sure if I can describe it properly.

Oh, and all Topre keyboards I've tried differ in sound and style. For example, the Realforce has a metal backplate, while the HHKB versions don't. Novatouch is different yet again. There's no easy way to put it... unless you're actually able to try them for yourself, there's no way you'll be able to fully understand what they're like. I would say the same is true of Cherry - don't bother with a switch tester, because it's not just the switch itself, but the keycap, the keyboard frame, the PCB, everything about the keyboard which determines the overall experience.

I think this sounded less elitist in my head.

20. Post
    Perhaps find yourself one of those sample boards with the lot of Topre style keys on it like Cherry MX does.

Edit; should've Google'd. They don't make one

21. Post
    Just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50x + Bluetooth module for $300 NZD from Amazon. I'm really looking forward to having some proper headphones again.

22. Post
    ^Shoulda got an ADG1X for that price range.

23. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    ^Shoulda got an ADG1X for that price range.
    Non-detachable/retractable mic + "3D wing" head pads? No thanks. I've had ATH-500 in the past, when the "3D Wing" head pads broke off I had to balance the headphones in such a way so that the exposed nub didn't stab into my skull. I rarely MP games so the mandatory mic arm would be a nuisance most of the time.

24. Post
    Received the headphones about a hour ago. They seem pretty good so far, definitely bass heavy.