Final Fantasy VII remake in works; coming first on PS4

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    I got shivers.

I think this is going to exceed my expectations.

2. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Ive seen nothing in this that even compares to what blizzard has done with Reforged.
    Agreed. Square aren't propped up by milking juggernaut franchises like Blizzard are with CoD and Candy Crush, they can't afford to fail by purposely putting out shit AAA products.

3. Post

4. Post
    Hard not to get hyped with that in your face *gulp*....looks crazy good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5. Post
    IST wrote:
    Hard not to get hyped with that in your face *gulp*....looks crazy good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Yep. Not long now!

6. Post
    Must ... resist ... playing ... FF7 ... again ...

7. Post
    looks great, can't wait to hear cosmo canyon theme for the first time again

8. Post
    popopop wrote:
    looks great, can't wait to hear cosmo canyon theme for the first time again
    Might be waiting a while :P

9. Post
    THE DEMO JUST DROPPED! WTF out of nowhere lol.

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I think the demo will drop on the previous release date.
    Well, I was close, the original release date was tomorrow

11. Post
    Finished the FF7 remake demo just a while back. It's a relatively short demo that basically serves as the intro to the game ( The Mako reactor section ). Here are my impressions :

1. The game is absolutely stunning

2. The characters are instantly likeable and are brought to life with good performances by the VAs.

3. The soundtrack is mostly on point. Some good mixes of classic tracks during my breif time with the demo.

4. The battle system is decent. It really shines during boss fights but not so much against multiple grunts imo.

5. The intro/demo is well paced.

6. Too many contextual actions imo. I can see it being a bit repetitive over time.

Overall I went into this demo with a lot of doubts and ZERO expectations ( despite loving the original ) simply due to the fact that Square Enix have ruined my favorite titles/franchises off late. But I did enjoy the demo overall and I'm looking forward to the full game now.

12. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    But I did enjoy the demo overall and I'm looking forward to the full game now.
    "Full game"? LOL, you mean the 1st 1/3rd or 1/4th.

13. Post
    Last edited by jords; 3rd March 2020 at 9:07 am.

14. Post
    yeah have they said how they gonna price this? They are releasing it as a "trilogy"? will it be $89 / part or will $89 cover all 3 ?

15. Post
    Pretty safe to assume each instalment will be full priced. We don't know how many parts there will be yet.

16. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Pretty safe to assume each instalment will be full priced. We don't know how many parts there will be yet.
    Oh wtf, typical square tactics

Black Plague*** wrote:
    4. The battle system is decent. It really shines during boss fights but not so much against multiple grunts imo.
    Is it a button basher?

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Is it a button basher?
    Pretty much. Square, square, square with the occasional triangle and x squeezed in

18. Post
    mofozilla wrote:
    Pretty much. Square, square, square with the occasional triangle and x squeezed in
    ooh ok will wait for the PC release then, or have to buy the new rear paddle attachment for the DS4 controller

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    No different to FFXIII

20. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Is it a button basher?
    Yeah, it more or less is

21. Post
    Gave the demo a spin today. Expected nothing, came out very satisfied. Combat system was my main concern but its actually pretty a pretty good system, a nice blend of old and new that works quite well. Graphics are top notch, great quality voice acting, soundtrack is a reimagining but is still very familiar. Hits all the same plot beats but with a ton of extra stuff added in. What should have been a 20 minute mission took roughly twice that. So even if they're just doing the midgar section in the first game, I expect it'll be much longer and more expansive than it was originally. Have to say, I'm looking forward to this now.

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Don't ya mean typical Final Fantasy Tactics?

23. Post
    mofozilla wrote:
    So I just had a go at the demo

It's not hat bad, I just put the game on Classic mode then no more button bashing

24. Post
    I thought it was decent but the camera pissed me off a few times when I was taking on mulitple enemies as it would keep switching enemies & wouldn't stay locked on on to the same one. I enjoyed the boss fight and the combat system is pretty good. Don't think I'll get it day 1 though as it didn't blow me away but will get it eventually

SirGrim wrote:
    I just put the game on Classic mode then no more button bashing
    By classic do you mean turn based? That would be pretty cool will have to try it.

25. Post
    lassic mode isn't turn-based AFAIK. It's just a harder difficulty.