1. Post

Star Trek: Axanar

“Axanar” takes place 21 years before the events of “Where no Man Has Gone Before”, the first Kirk episode of the original Star Trek. Axanar is the story of Garth of Izar, the legendary Starfleet captain who is Captain Kirk’s hero. Kirk himself called Garth the model for all future Starfleet Officers. Garth charted more planets than any other Captain and was the hero of the Battle of Axanar, the story of which is required reading at the academy. This is that story.

“Axanar” tells the story of Garth and his crew during the Four Years War, the war with the Klingon Empire that almost tore the Federation apart. Garth’s victory at Axanar solidified the Federation and allowed it to become the entity we know in Kirk’s time.

It is the year 2245 and the war with the Klingons ends here.
    You can donate here:http://www.startrekaxanar.com/ The first Kickstarter is complete extra money will make it even better.
    As of 11/04/15 Set construction for feature length film has begun.
    This feature video (Aug2014) for the full movie was made for $80,000.

2. Post
    Well made for a fan made version of Star Trek

3. Post

4. Post
    awesome! donated/backed.
    Last edited by Unsettled; 23rd June 2015 at 4:20 pm.

5. Post
    Star Trek’ Fan-Made Film ‘Axanar’ Gets Into Legal Trouble from Paramount
    http://www.movienewsguide.com/star-t...t-video/136263

Best ST made this millennium they want to kill it!

6. Post
    Movie is a steaming pile of ass.

7. Post
    KiwiJoe wrote:
    knew it was gonna be shit as soon as I read the title.

8. Post
    KiwiJoe wrote:
    Valeyard wrote:
    knew it was gonna be shit as soon as I read the title.
    Lol you two must be able to see into the future as the movie has not been released yet.

9. Post
    lol, it'll be interesting to see what happens, I thought they'd have had the legal stuff sorted before collecting money to make the movie and announcing they were making it.
    EDIT: just read their blog, CBS blindsided them with it.

10. Post
    I read that as Star Trek: Xanax

I bet that would be fun actually

11. Post
    @unsettled
    Yeah other fans have made ST movies with no problem but all of a sudden I think because this looks to be the best one by far CBS started getting lawyers involved. Hopefully they get to some mutual agreement to go ahead then it is a win/win for both parties.

12. Post
    At last night’s Star Trek fan event, the latest trailer for Star Trek Beyond wasn’t the only newsworthy event: J.J. Abrams announced that Paramount Pictures’ lawsuit against Axanar Productions was “going away.”
    Star Trek Beyond’s director, Justin Lin, was outraged at the legal situation that had arisen:
    “A few months back there was a fan film, Axonar, that was getting made and there was this lawsuit that happened between the studio and these fans and Justin, I’ll tell the story because he probably wouldn’t, was sort of outraged by this as a long time fan. We started talking about it and realized this was not an appropriate way to deal with the fans.
    The fans should be celebrating this thing. Fans of Star Trek are part of this world. So he went to the studio and pushed them to stop this lawsuit and now, within the next few weeks, it will be announced this is going away, and that fans would be able to continue working on their project”

http://io9.gizmodo.com/paramounts-la...rek-1777959978
    http://www.treknews.net/2016/05/21/j...being-dropped/
    Last edited by griefmaker; 23rd May 2016 at 1:30 am.

13. Post

14. Post
    Good Guy Jj and Good Guy Justin Lin

15. Post
    griefmaker wrote:

16. Post
    Cool! Given the new TV series being pre-kirk I think I know why the lawsuit was started. Glad thats out of the way though.

17. Post

18. Post
    lol I donated with bitcoins... god damn thats like a $2000 donation now..

19. Post

20. Post
    The Wrath of the USS AJAX and The Return of USS ARES

21. Post
    Federation Counter Attack - Full Sound Effects:
    This sounds much improved with the right gear than included in the original vid i posted.