Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 59 of 59

  1. Post
    #51
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    IKR. I paid ~$280 for a physical Collector's Edition, I'd like to have a physical copy of the actual game.

    I'll take a look at my backer's survey to see if I can switch over to a PS4 copy.
    EDIT: Done! Getting it on PS4 now.
    How many PC games come out on bluray discs etc(or say 5+ dvd-dl discs)?

  2. Post
    #52
    Chunky wrote:
    How many PC games come out on bluray discs etc(or say 5+ dvd-dl discs)?
    Probably not many. BD-ROM drives never became a mainstay of gaming PCs like CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs did. Dual layer DVDs? NFI.

    How popular BD-ROM drives are irrelevant. Kickstarter backers are usually hardcore fans and collectors. A lot of collectors would want a hardcopy of the game, even if they were planning to primarily play a download copy.

  3. Post
    #53
    well at least now they are offering a free steam key 1 year after or a refund tho not a full one depending on what tier as some portions of the KS pledges have been put in .

  4. Post
    #54
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Probably not many. BD-ROM drives never became a mainstay of gaming PCs like CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs did. Dual layer DVDs? NFI.

    How popular BD-ROM drives are irrelevant. Kickstarter backers are usually hardcore fans and collectors. A lot of collectors would want a hardcopy of the game, even if they were planning to primarily play a download copy.
    All i'm saying is it's unreasonable to expect to get a physical copy of a game that is estimated to be a 100GB+ install size in an industry which has already shifted to only digital download codes being in physical copies of major titles. Even if they provided it on 2x BD theres no guarantee the majority of customers would even be able to use it since BD-ROM isn't considered a standard in every new desktop.

    Yes they should be more clear on that beforehand, it's better knowing now than the shock Doom(2016) buyers got where they had a single DVD that installed 7GB then required a ~40GB download on Steam on top.

  5. Post
    #55
    Chunky wrote:
    All i'm saying is it's unreasonable to expect to get a physical copy of a game that is estimated to be a 100GB+ install size in an industry which has already shifted to only digital download codes being in physical copies of major titles. Even if they provided it on 2x BD theres no guarantee the majority of customers would even be able to use it since BD-ROM isn't considered a standard in every new desktop.
    Again, we're dealing with collector's items for a Kickstarted game. They're niche products aimed at a specific niche audience. Your "unreasonable expectation" argument would be fine if the subject was a mass market product aimed at a mainstream audience. Shenmue was a financial bomb for Sega, these products are for superfans who put their own money into helping fund the game's development.

    They already said the whole PC game would be on the disc and wouldn't just be a glorified coaster shipped with an online activation key. They're back-tracking here.
    PC & PS4 Physical Version Disc Data

    We would like to address the many inquiries concerning the physical version disc data. Development is moving forward to have all necessary data to play the game contained on the disc. Please rest assured that the disc will not be just a prompt for an internet download.

    *An internet connection is a planned requirement for the purposes of game updates and reward activation.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2241883

  6. Post
    #56
    I have no skin in this game but it seems to me a lost opportunity to be included in a collectors edition, they could've made a fancy cased usb flash pen or something

  7. Post
    #57
    It's a never ending shit show of news with this game.


  8. Post
    #58
    Whhhhhhoooo boi!!

  9. Post
    #59
    Talk about Mighty Number Shenmue 3. Christ, it looks low rent.