1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    This is really good to hear, and I will be picking up the next Hitman game for sure. I hope other studios/devs will listen and follow through on this. I have never been interested nor bought a season pass for that matter, not only does the price put me off but it's the content thrown in that I think is not worth it.

"It's a very big game [that] we will keep updating. It's $60, no dollar more, no DLC or microtransactions or stuff like that. You will buy it and you will have entertainment for a few months on top."

I don't think I will still be playing the game for a few months on top, regardless if it constantly gets updated. I would have to say weeks at most. I'm pretty happy that there's no DLC or microtransactions. I've never been the one to care about and purchase DLC, so no DLC is good in my books.

3. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    I approve this message

4. Post
    Warner Bros execs need their bonuses for Batman !

5. Post
    lol that coming from the devs allowing the game to be a timed exclusive...

6. Post
    Only ever bought one season pass and regretted it. Destiny. Paid $100 for the base game. Then paid $44 for the season pass for content already in the game. Playstation store is now selling Taken King for $72 to anyone who currently owns all the Destiny stuff. New players can buy the whole lot for $130. I feel ripped off. Haven't bought the Taken King yet though.
    Yes it is widely believed to be a shit game. I think it is a lot of fun, but it also has many flaws. The only thing keeping me playing it is the fact I can shoot shit in the face with my mates.

7. Post
    lusifer wrote:
    Paid $100 for the base game. Then paid $44 for the season pass for content already in the game.
    That is how every MMO type game does expansions. They add the expansion content in updates and only people who own the game can then access them.The base game should be about $60 though.

8. Post
    PsychoEliteNZ wrote:
    That is how every MMO type game does expansions. They add the expansion content in updates and only people who own the game can then access them.The base game should be about $60 though.
    You do understand the difference between season pass DLC and MMO expansions , right? Seems that you do not.

9. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    You do understand the difference between season pass DLC and MMO expansions , right? Seems that you do not.
    When something has the word Expansion in the name it generally counts as an expansion. Two Expansions bundled together out of how many of the expansions they are planning is not a season pass.

10. Post
    PsychoEliteNZ wrote:
    When something has the word Expansion in the name it generally counts as an expansion. Two Expansions bundled together out of how many of the expansions they are planning is not a season pass.
    They advertised from the beginning the exact contents of the Destiny season pass, i.e. that it would cover two very specific named expansions. As for whether or not it should be called "season pass", it's just semantics - making a big deal out of it would just be splitting hairs.

I do agree that a DLC season pass SHOULD ideally cover ALL of the DLC over a product's life span, but things in life aren't fair. The best you can do is vote with your dollar if you don't support a certain practice.

11. Post
    Almost every season pass I've bought I've stopped playing the game long before I get to enjoy the benefits.

12. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Almost every season pass I've bought I've stopped playing the game long before I get to enjoy the benefits.
    The first time I did that I stopped buying season passes without the first or second piece of DLC being released already.

I completely stopped buying season passes when I realized only 1 piece of DLC appealed to me for a game, when they showed the whole DLC line up... after I had paid for it all.

13. Post
    It's great that IO Interactive plans to continue to deliver free content to their customers after release, I've really enjoyed this approach from CD Projekt RED with the Witcher 3.

I also agree some paid DLC and Season Passes are blatant ripoffs.

However, one must keep in mind that creation of material does take time and money. If the sale price justifies, or number of sales justify the creation of additional content that's fantastic. This is not the case for every game.

Season passess and DLC isn't forced upon users/customers and I expect that people should be able to determine their own value proposition.

What is important to me, is that you know exactly what it is you are getting for said passes or DLC packs. That is where a lot of season passes have fallen down in the past, you are expected to ante up your $$$ before you even really know what you are getting, or if it will represent value.

I have absolutely no issue with season passes, where I can determine it'll hold value, as I'm more than happy to pay to see additional content created for games I enjoy.

Although I applaud IO for creating a model where the sale price of the initial unit can fund some additional content after release, I think it's poor form to criticize other developers/publishers for their models as a blanket statement.

How about they just announce free DLC after release and leave it at that.

That said, I've always been a fan of the hitman series and will definitely be grabbing this one up...

14. Post
    Bearhug78 wrote:
    It's great that IO Interactive plans to continue to deliver free content to their customers after release, I've really enjoyed this approach from CD Projekt RED with the Witcher 3.

those 16 pieces of dlc or whatever feel like they have been ripped out of the game. maybe they were not but they don't feel like content that would've taken that long for them to create anyway and yet they reap the benefits of good pr

15. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    those 16 pieces of dlc or whatever feel like they have been ripped out of the game. maybe they were not but they don't feel like content that would've taken that long for them to create anyway and yet they reap the benefits of good pr
    Who knows, but more importantly I wouldn't care if that was the case. The base game I got more than represented value for what I paid for it. I wouldn't have purchased most of the DLC so far released, but am happy to get it for free.

The more important point is, I'd still be happy to pay for DLC for Witcher 3, if there was DLC released that held value for me. I would prefer that there is paid DLC, than no DLC. I would have paid for a season pass, if it held value to me (As in I could determine how much content and what I was getting before purchasing).

Ultimately choice is king. I'll never have an issue about having a choice for more of something I enjoy.

The only real issue I have is that a lot of the market seems to purchase blindly (or on hype) in the gaming arena which means price equilibrium is a little off at the moment. I'm sure though with all the whinging we see this will sort itself out soon enough.

16. Post
    Bearhug78 wrote:
    The more important point is, I'd still be happy to pay for DLC for Witcher 3, if there was DLC released that held value for me. I would prefer that there is paid DLC, than no DLC. I would have paid for a season pass, if it held value to me (As in I could determine how much content and what I was getting before purchasing).

Ultimately choice is king. I'll never have an issue about having a choice for more of something I enjoy.
    But if its been taken out of the game, then no DLC means you get it all in the game.

If they are making new content for DLC I am always all for it, fans of the game get more of the game. But building a game then withholding chunks to sell is an issue IMO. We are left having to trust this isn't happening when at times (like Mortal Kombat X where people found the content on the disc etc.) it is whats happening.

But it is what it is, I wont buy Mortal Kombat X until they release the definitive edition with all of the DLC included on the disc. So who misses out? both of us, as I would like to play it sooner, and I'm sure they would love to have my money now.

So there are good and bad sides of paid DLC.

17. Post
    I think Episodic content is way better.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 has the right idea, pay a small amount for the first 'part' of the game then you continue to pay installments for the later episodes if you're interested.

This full price + DLC + season pass BS is for losers.