1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    lol. I'm not even going to read that beyond the opening sentence. Pitchfords long been known to be a bit of a tool, and this just cements that even further.

3. Post
    He's either trying to hard to provoke people or he's just a massive idiot.

4. Post
    I'm not sure what he is saying but here is what I got for it.
    1. We made a crap game, but it was successful because people hated it, and hate is an emotion.

2. If you don't like my game your a stupid sadist.

5. Post
    this guy is a crack ups lol

6. Post
    if we're sadists then he must be a masochist

7. Post
    reb wrote:
    lol. I'm not even going to read that beyond the opening sentence. Pitchfords long been known to be a bit of a tool, and this just cements that even further.
    /Thread

8. Post
    So the issue he pointedly fails to address is they deliberately lied about the quality of the graphics.

This is the reason people hated your game, Mr. Pitchford. You played them for fools and they called you out on it. All of this drama and outcry was your doing. You did it to yourself.

The real shame is that you obviously haven't learnt the lesson as you don't even try and address it. You just ramble on some bullshit. Here are some tips for you: Don't try and rip us off. Don't show us one thing and give us another. Don't lie to us.

It's an even bigger shame because Gearbox has made some truly fantastic games.

9. Post
    Cobalt36 wrote:
    So the issue he pointedly fails to address is they deliberately lied about the quality of the graphics.

This is the reason people hated your game, Mr. Pitchford. You played them for fools and they called you out on it. All of this drama and outcry was your doing. You did it to yourself.

The real shame is that you obviously haven't learnt the lesson as you don't even try and address it. You just ramble on some bullshit. Here are some tips for you: Don't try and rip us off. Don't show us one thing and give us another. Don't lie to us.

It's an even bigger shame because Gearbox has made some truly fantastic games.
    The AI was also terribad ^_^

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    The AI was also terribad ^_^

Awful example. In that particular part of the game you have to sneak around blind exploding aliens who're drawn to sound. I.e. the aliens' AI was acting exactly as intended in that particular case.

11. Post
    It was a average FPS with a sub-par story and graphics, only compounded by the hype created by the earlier trailers and demos that showed better quality. Why bother dragging all this crap up once again now though? Nothing's changed one bit about the game and most of the lawsuit stuff is done and dusted. Pitchford just can't keep his mouth shut.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Awful example. In that particular part of the game you have to sneak around blind exploding aliens who're drawn to sound. I.e. the aliens' AI was acting exactly as intended in that particular case.
    idk maybe i'm becoming a bit cynical lately, or maybe i just need to re-learn the series but has this ever been a thing in the aliens universe? or is it at least explained in the game? just hearing about it makes it seem like more of a device to put in stealth sections

13. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    idk maybe i'm becoming a bit cynical lately, or maybe i just need to re-learn the series but has this ever been a thing in the aliens universe? or is it at least explained in the game? just hearing about it makes it seem like more of a device to put in stealth sections
    Yeah, don't you remember? They were right after the one's rode the unicycles.

14. Post
    Cobalt36 wrote:
    That's the worst thing. People make mistakes and that's fine if you learn from it, but he still seems to be denying it was an issue... Meaning no ****ing lesson learned.

15. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    or is it at least explained in the game? just hearing about it makes it seem like more of a device to put in stealth sections
    It was a new Xeno type made for the game.

I'm fairly sure they were explained? It's been about a year since I last played it and the story was rubbish anyway.

The DLC that they released, Stasis Interrupted, was WAY better than the vanilla campaign. Frankly the entire vanilla campaign should've been like Stasis Interrupted.

16. Post
    wel i stopped pre ordering anything from Gear box etc , no borderlands 2 either , meh there is plenty of other games to play