Disputing a Parking Enforcement Services (Wilson Parking) fine.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    The disputes tribunal cannot award fees incurred in filing a claim.

Isn't the fee like $100 though?
    $45 for under $2000 dispute.

I expected better from you, KevinL master of google. Although you're right that they cannot award fees incurred in filing a claim (unless it's under exceptional circumstances I was told, whatever that means.)

2. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    $45 for under $2000.

It's gone up in recent years; i paid $30 to take EB Games to the DT over $1.20 worth of parking and about $2 worth of petrol. It's a cool story, bro.
    Lol. Presumably you took time off work to do it so it cost you more than that?

3. Post
    ^ Ha, nah they caved straight away; refunded me the game and gave me a $100 voucher.

A game was being released (Dirt 2) on the Monday. I had it pre-ordered with EB. Street date was broken during the week prior to release, i was happy to wait. On Saturday EB website said it was available, and i figured it'd be cool to play over the weekend. I phoned the store, explained, dude said "I can't let you have it until Monday", i said "C'mon maaaaaan, street date has been broken, and your website says it's available - can i come in and get it?" He says yep.

Get in there, and he goes "I said i couldn't let you have it 'till Monday". I go "But you said i could come in and pick it up". He says "I said yes to you coming in, i didn't say you'd be leaving with the game". Rage! People were walking out of store, i wen't f**kin mental, was cool.

I cancelled the preorder, went and grabbed it from one of the places that had broken the street date. Emailed EB head office to complain, heard nothing for over a week. Got a DT form, filled it out, named the dude from the store, the store manager and the area manager in the DT form, lodged it and paid the fee, emailed a scanned copy to EB saying "You gonna ignore me? Lets see if you ignore a summons for 3 of your staff to appear at a DT hearing; claiming for the money i fed into the parking meter, the petrol i used (12 kilometers at ...etc), along with the DT fee of $30".

Got a call from the area manager within an hour, he asked if i'd bought the game elsewhere, i told him i had, he said "Go back into your local store; we'll reimburse you in cash for what you paid for the game, and give you a $100 voucher for another game of your choosing. The staff member and manager will also personally apologise to you". Yeah, i strutted back in there, smug AF - i'm a c**t like that *shrug*

Anyway, probably didn't need to pay the DT fee, just filling out the form and threatening them with it would likely have been enough. That's probably all that's required on a lot of occasions. However, with parking companies, i'd suggest that they're quite used to it, so would likely take a "Disputes Tribunal? Yeah no worries, bring it on!" stance.

4. Post
    hype wrote:
    So I suggest to anyone else with an infringement with these guys to just file a disputes tribunal straight away and not even bother writing letters to them.
    Why pay the DT fee at all? I think it's better to just tell them they'll need to do it if they want any money out of you - they're not going to follow through so you won't need to pay.

5. Post
    Melchiah wrote:
    Why pay the DT fee at all? I think it's better to just tell them they'll need to do it if they want any money out of you - they're not going to follow through so you won't need to pay.
    They just passed it onto debt collectors, I filed the disputes tribunal and they canceled all that. I suppose you could just not pay the debt collectors and see what happens - I didn't like the idea of that so went with the disputes tribunal.

6. Post
    @Frederick James: nice outcome, good that EB came to the party. Vodafone are another company who do this, just need to do a little haka and you're getting charges reversed and free stuff to keep you happy.

7. Post
    hype wrote:
    They just passed it onto debt collectors, I filed the disputes tribunal and they canceled all that. I suppose you could just not pay the debt collectors and see what happens - I didn't like the idea of that so went with the disputes tribunal.
    That's why you send them a letter disputing the amount they are wanting first - debt collectors aren't likely to bother getting involved with an invoice that's in dispute.

8. Post
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I thought I'd link the other thread/guide regarding getting out of these parking tickets in the interest of the public.
    Getting out of parking tickets: Wilson/PES parking "fine" guide/thread

9. Post
    Here's my experience with them and have noted a letter I have emailed them today regarding Wilson Parking in Wellington.

"Dear Sir/Madam

Regarding breach notice I would like to submit the following information for your consideration of my 3rd appeal on the matter.

Where I was mistakenly under the impression that payment is made on exiting the building.

You have expressed the importance of adequate signage in your response declining my initial appeal.

I therefore would like to advise the following; if adequate signage determined the decision to uphold the breach notice then surely the public can expect to have 'adequate' signage on the faulty ticket vending machine and, if there was, in this instance, then it would have resolved/corrected my misunderstanding that payment was required on the exiting of the complex.

Either way I was disadvantaged by not being informed where a functional vending machine was located and I had no reason to look for one.

Your signage advised 'pay and display' ticket required and the most visable vending machine was 'out of order' at the time but gave no indication of where a functional one was and so did nothing to correct my misunderstanding.

I would like to once again, have my initial offer be reconsidered ie that I pay the $4 for the parking time spent in the building and I provide proof of a minimum of $25 donation to the Arthritus foundation.

I will submit a letter to the Editor of the local paper once I receive your decision.

Regards"

10. Post
    Here's my experience with them and have noted a letter I have emailed them today regarding Wilson Parking in Wellington.

"Dear Sir/Madam

Regarding breach notice I would like to submit the following information for your consideration of my 3rd appeal on the matter.

Where I was mistakenly under the impression that payment is made on exiting the building.

You have expressed the importance of adequate signage in your response declining my initial appeal.

I therefore would like to advise the following; if adequate signage determined the decision to uphold the breach notice then surely the public can expect to have 'adequate' signage on the faulty ticket vending machine and, if there was, in this instance, then it would have resolved/corrected my misunderstanding that payment was required on the exiting of the complex.

Either way I was disadvantaged by not being informed where a functional vending machine was located and I had no reason to look for one.

Your signage advised 'pay and display' ticket required and the most visable vending machine was 'out of order' at the time but gave no indication of where a functional one was and so did nothing to correct my misunderstanding.

I would like to once again, have my initial offer be reconsidered ie that I pay the $4 for the parking time spent in the building and I provide proof of a minimum of $25 donation to the Arthritus foundation.

I will submit a letter to the Editor of the local paper once I receive your decision.

Regards"[/QUOTE]

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Story about being a waste of space.
    I don't often feel bad for EB, but you've had me change my mind.

12. Post
    *arthritis

13. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Wow, nasty. Feel better now?

Are you still pissed off that i called you out on that PSVR thing?

14. Post
    Rii wrote:
    +1

In addition the Disputes Tribunal doesn't award filing fees.

15. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    +1

In addition the Disputes Tribunal doesn't award filing fees.
    I know, but it didn't stop me from threatening them with it Thicko company taking cues from a Head Office with zero knowledge of NZ consumer laws. Go me.

Seriously, i asked if i could come get the game, the dude said yep, and then basically told me to f**k off as soon as i got in there - how is that okay?

Like when i was in there one day, and a lady was saying "Bought this Guitar Hero controller for my kids, and it broke after 2 weeks - is it covered under warranty?", and the monkey behind the counter says "No, it would only be a warranty if it was faulty straight out of the box". She went "Oh okay" and wandered off. I followed her out of the store and set her straight on how the CGA works. Last i saw of her she was storming back into the store to have a crack.

I hate EB. F**Kin' hate them - i'll do whatever i can to shaft them at every opportunity. They are overpriced, treat their staff badly, have little respect for their customers, and rely on the custom of people who don't know that there are much better alternatives.

16. Post
    I followed her out of the store and set her straight on how the CGA works.
    GC

17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    GC
    Thanks man. What can i say, i try and look our for the 'little guy' *shrug*

18. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    GC
    Seconded

19. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Seconded
    Ooooh!; Haters 2, Supporters 2 ..... getting interesting*

*.... it really isn't though

20. Post
    I like a lil bit of pushback on businesses but I will give EB credit for ensuring Frederick's satisfaction (albeit after the threat of legal action), who let's face it was not seeking reimbursement plus $100 on the next game. I don't think you can say he "scammed" them, was just sticking up for himself

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Wow, nasty. Feel better now?

Are you still pissed off that i called you out on that PSVR thing?
    Sorry, who are you? Have we spoken before?

22. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I hate EB. F**Kin' hate them - i'll do whatever i can to shaft them at every opportunity. They are overpriced, treat their staff badly, have little respect for their customers, and rely on the custom of people who don't know that there are much better alternatives.
    you hate them because they treat their staff badly - yet you go into their store and 'go ****ing mental' at the same staff (so much so that other customers feel uncomfortable enough to leave) all because they won't sell you a game prior to the release date.

then you threaten them with $3.20 in damages from the disputes tribunal (that you paid $30 to lodge).

yeah EB are the crazy thickos.

23. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Sorry, who are you? Have we spoken before?
    Yeah, when you first got a PS4 you mentioned in the Playstation forum that you were after a particular game, and i said i had it and that i'd send it to you for free. Short memory it seems.

The PSVR thing was just a couple of days ago; you demanding that reviewers provide "solid numbers" of actual framerates which you then back-pedaled on like a bitch when it was pointed out to you what an unreasonable expectation this was (reviews being reviews rather than a tech analysis that the likes of Digital Foundry would do).

Bro, seriously is your memory that bad?

sorceror wrote:
    you hate them because they treat their staff badly - yet you go into their store and 'go ****ing mental' at the same staff (so much so that other customers feel uncomfortable enough to leave) all because they won't sell you a game prior to the release date.

then you threaten them with $3.20 in damages from the disputes tribunal (that you paid $30 to lodge).

yeah EB are the crazy thickos.
    I treated two of their staff badly, thank you very much; the arrogant fat American wankstain who said i could come and get the game and then made a joke out of it when i got there to pick it up (heh, joke was on him - Manager from another store told me he'd been disciplined over it, and had then ragequit! ), and the other douche who lied to the other customer about their warranty rights.

It was worth $30 to send a message to them, and i got considerably more than that back. Crazy, highly likely, but a thicko, i am not.

C'mon c**t, fite me, 1v1....

(am i doing this keyboard warrior nerd rage thing right?)

24. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah, when you first got a PS4 you mentioned in the Playstation forum that you were after a particular game, and i said i had it and that i'd send it to you for free. Short memory it seems.

The PSVR thing was just a couple of days ago; you demanding that reviewers provide "solid numbers" of actual framerates which you then back-pedaled on like a bitch when it was pointed out to you what an unreasonable expectation this was (reviews being reviews rather than a tech analysis that the likes of Digital Foundry would do).

Bro, seriously is your memory that bad?
    Oh right, that thing. Where I posted that it would be nice to see reviewers provide better in-depth detail on a product they're reviewing and you thought I was being unreasonable.

I didn't back pedal, I said "I guess I'm spoiled by youtube reviewers providing better detail" because the review in question was from Stuff. It was an olive branch because you're a prolific shit stirrer and the discussion had a potential to end up in the toilet, like it is now because you're behaving like a child, bringing in irrelevant discussions and using them as fuel. You're also bringing up a PM you sent quite a while ago offering to send me a game, to which I was very thankful for and made this clear but never took you up on the offer.

Not sure what your end game is but you have some weird chip on your shoulder. You've gotta be the most sensitive poster on GP.

25. Post
    ^ Quoting a previous post of mine, that was made over 2 and a half months ago, and changing it to saying "Story about being a waste of space" isn't shit stirring? You're slinging personal insults because of poor hard-done-by EB Games - yet i'm "the most sensitive poster on GP"? I'm the one behaving like a child?

I'm not bringing in irrelevant discussions - you asked "Sorry, who are you? Have we spoken before?", and i was simply refreshing your obviously shocking memory of our previous interactions. If you didn't expect an answer why'd you ask the f**kin question? Or were you, y'know, just being a childish, flippant smart-arse?

Seriously bro, have you thought about doing some stand-up, because your schtick is funny af. Lets drop it now; you're embarrassing yourself.