Disputing a Parking Enforcement Services (Wilson Parking) fine.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    You should check the legal enforceablity of these things. My general point of view is to negotiate, I got done for parking more than three hours once by one of these companies. I said, I came I went, and came back many hours later in the day. Then I said, I also said I paid to buy food and lunch on both occasions. On the fact I was using the services and provided receipts they waived it.

Even if they don't waive it, you need to check whether they can actually legal enforce it. If not throw it in the bin and tell them to stick it. You can find more information about the law here most of it is BS if you want to challenge it. They are demand notices, they are not actually fines issued by a government body.

They rely upon what look like tickets to make you pay them, but if you read the fine print there is no government body enforcing them and they are not actually "fines" issued by these parasites.

https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/private-parking

2. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Parks were not pre-allocated. We paid in advance to park in the building. So say it had 100 car parks, and their were 50 pre-payers - you'd expect them to stop filling the carpark after 50 early birders came in. But they pretty much filled it up with early birders. Wilsons argued that some fine print in the contract said they could redirect us to a car park of their choice. We just told them ... well... you know and moved. It appeared all the other pre-paid parkers did too. As students are seasonal they suddenly had an empty car park during holidays whereas before Wilsons took over the carpark would have had at least 50 pre-payers during this period.

Wilsons have no idea when it comes to customer service to the point where it financially hurts them.
    When they broke their contract with you, were you offered a full refund of the money that you had prepaid, or did Wilson Parking retain the prepaid money and simply ask you to move to another building?

Also, did you enter into this contract on or after 17 March 2015?

3. Post
    Wilson's are on Stuff again, this time for their Chch operations.

4. Post
    Hey,
    Just an update, Wilson Parking Sales team automatically came back to me replying again to my previously sent email and they have offered me to provide couple of single exit tickets. So not sure what resolved it. I was busy over weekend and did not called Cara related to this.
    Thank you.

rabbit wrote:
    Just make sure you impress upon them that:

- you are a loyal customer who has been patronising their parking building for 12 months (or however long you have been)
    - you couldn't leave the building without paying the $75 fine, and so felt under duress to do so
    - you later found your original ticket
    - you are simply requesting that the difference between the early bird fee and the lost card fine be refunded

Failing this? Phone your bank and ask for a chargeback.

5. Post
    bkk wrote:
    Hey,
    Just an update, Wilson Parking Sales team automatically came back to me replying again to my previously sent email and they have offered me to provide couple of single exit tickets. So not sure what resolved it. I was busy over weekend and did not called Cara related to this.
    Thank you.
    Are you actually happy with that though? They're essentially offering you a credit that is less than $75?

Updated - misread figure from earlier post.

6. Post
    Today Wilson's is on Stuff for ticketing people, in parks not belonging to them, where they have zero authority ....

7. Post
    Sorry, I should have written few tickets (not a couple of tickets). They have sent 5 single exit tickets worth $55 and $11 charged for the day I lost ticket. So, overall I lost $9 only which is not bad I guess.
    rabbit wrote:
    Are you actually happy with that though? They're essentially offering you a credit that is less than $75?

Updated - misread figure from earlier post.

8. Post
    Well hello there:

"Challenge your parking tickets, Consumer NZ advises after Wellington case"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/951....post.95107358

9. Post
    Isn't that fraud? I wonder how many have been ticketed and have paid?

10. Post
    Wow I totally forgot about this thread.

I just ignored their letters and eventually they stopped sending them. Ezpz.

11. Post
    As per above, if you can't reach a peaceable negotiation with them just ignore them. They have no legal jurisdiction to actually enforce the demand notices they have issues. If they wanted their "fines" to be legit they'd employ parking officers to enforce them. The thing is they don't so there's not much they can do to if you refuse to pay.

12. Post

Disputing my fine

I parked in Wilson parking in toowong, I planned on seeing two doctors and booked them so the two hours would just be enough hence why I didn't put any more money in the meter.

time was 1PM - 3PM First doctors appointment was at 1:00 (went till 2:00) and the second appointment was at 2:30(half an hour appointment.
    I turned up to my doctor's appointment at 2:20 only for him to be an hour late, I disputed the ticket because it was not my fault and they denied it. How do I go about either taking this to court, as I can't afford to pay $65/$80 ticket as I am an unemployed student with barely enough to live.

I need some helpfull advice.

13. Post
    SAJACK94 wrote:
    because it was not my fault
    Not paying for a sufficient amount of parking is your fault. Pay the fine, don't waste the court or parking company's time.

14. Post
    Tell the doctor to pay for it for being late.

15. Post
    SAJACK94 wrote:
    I parked in Wilson parking in toowong, I planned on seeing two doctors and booked them so the two hours would just be enough hence why I didn't put any more money in the meter.

time was 1PM - 3PM First doctors appointment was at 1:00 (went till 2:00) and the second appointment was at 2:30(half an hour appointment.
    I turned up to my doctor's appointment at 2:20 only for him to be an hour late, I disputed the ticket because it was not my fault and they denied it. How do I go about either taking this to court, as I can't afford to pay $65/$80 ticket as I am an unemployed student with barely enough to live.

I need some helpfull advice.
    I know Dunedin Council will waive fines for late hospital appointments, not sure Wilson's would be so generous...maybe ask the late doctor (or their nurse) to write a letter with all his spare time?

16. Post
    Wilson aren't gonna do shit. All the answers are in this thread.

17. Post
    Note hes in Aussie.

18. Post
    Konev wrote:
    Note hes in Aussie.
    Toowong's don't make a right.