Best Free Security Programs For New PC?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    defiant wrote:
    There's a managed solution for Cylance, for home use, but it's $60 usd/yr for 1 license

https://www.malwaremanaged.com/
    They take complete control - you don't even get to flag a false-positive, which is becoming more and more common among AV these days. Definitely not what I'd call for home use.

2. Post
    I read on a forum they allowed it now, but I haven't used it myself

I'm not a fan of a product that doesn't provide a trial option

3. Post
    defiant wrote:
    I read on a forum they allowed it now, but I haven't used it myself

I'm not a fan of a product that doesn't provide a trial option
    The reviews of the product on their page, which are relatively new (Sep 2016), say otherwise. Seems to freak out at Steam quite a bit - can't imagine what would happen if you tried to put on a custom .exe file to get an old game working.

It's really designed for businesses that use the same 20-odd applications every day rather than home users.

4. Post
    That's what I thought.. Vulcan lives in the enterprise space even at home..

5. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    The reviews of the product on their page, which are relatively new (Sep 2016), say otherwise. Seems to freak out at Steam quite a bit - can't imagine what would happen if you tried to put on a custom .exe file to get an old game working.

It's really designed for businesses that use the same 20-odd applications every day rather than home users.

I run Steam on my work laptop with Cylance, no issues at all. I had one false early on, cannot remember what it was, emailed support and they sorted it out quickly.

6. Post
    i personally use bit-defender antivirus in my windows 10 operating system.
    and i also recomment that to other.
    so as my opinion the bitdefender is best antivirus software for windows 10 operating system.

7. Post
    planetnews78 wrote:
    i personally use bit-defender antivirus in my windows 10 operating system.
    and i also recomment that to other.
    so as my opinion the bitdefender is best antivirus software for windows 10 operating system.
    Don't believe him, planetnews78 killed my dog and raped my sheep.