Resident Evil 2 : Remake

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)

1. Post
    Wtf, the actual game is $104.95 on Steam? Jeepers..

2. Post
    Seems expensive for a remake

Sony does remakes the right way but charging half price of a full game
    Capcom charges full AAA retail price for a remake

3. Post
    Testing out demo, looks fun

4. Post
    Got my copy for 80 shipped from MA Australia

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Which Sony ones?

6. Post
    SOTC was $70 to $80 at release. Can't remember what the Ratchet and Clank game was at launch. I think the price is absolutely fine for RE2 Remake. As it's using a brand new engine and an over the shoulder view. I'll be getting this game sometime later as there's far to many good games coming out this month.

7. Post
    I think R&C was around the 50 mark

8. Post
    I got my copy for $61 shipped from NZGS with $5 voucher. Will suck having to wait to 2-3 weeks for delivery but cant really complain about saving $20-$30.

9. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I got my copy for $61 shipped from NZGS with $5 voucher. Will suck having to wait to 2-3 weeks for delivery but cant really complain about saving $20-$30.
    Yeah I was going to do that, but this is one game I needed day one haha.

10. Post
    BlueKiwi wrote:
    Wtf, the actual game is $104.95 on Steam? Jeepers..
    It's $65 for Greenmangaming VIPs, $75 if you want the Deluxe Ed with the horse armour DLCs.

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Which Sony ones?
    Off the top of my head
    Crash bandicoot
    Ratchet and clank
    Spyro trilogy
    Team crash racing
    Media evil

Pretty sure all these remakes sold well under to normal $60usd price of a new game

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Off the top of my head
    Crash bandicoot
    Ratchet and clank
    Spyro trilogy
    Team crash racing
    Media evil

Pretty sure all these remakes sold well under to normal $60usd price of a new game
    Crash and Spyro aren't Sony, so they're out.
    CTR is currently $88 on Mighty Ape.
    Medievil is $70
    Ratchet is really the only cheap one, which was around $50 at release

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Off the top of my head
    Crash bandicoot
    Ratchet and clank
    Spyro trilogy
    Team crash racing
    Media evil

That's not half price though is it......

14. Post
    Amazing demo, this will be my game of the year for 2019 easy. Zero complaints whatsoever, other than they were a bit light on the music but that can be solved by the RE2 Deluxe Edition and the original soundtrack add on.

15. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Amazing demo, this will be my game of the year for 2019 easy. Zero complaints whatsoever, other than they were a bit light on the music but that can be solved by the RE2 Deluxe Edition and the original soundtrack add on.
    I thought the music was pretty awesome!

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Stop talking shit. There are different cases for different games. Did you complain when The Last of Us Remastered released at "full price"? I doubt it. Not even a "remake" but a much cheaper to develop remaster.

Even a remake costs a lot to develop. That Steam price though does not feel great. Still, based on the quality on display in the demo it also feels like a AAA 2019 reelase.

17. Post
    Downloaded demo keen to play tonight

18. Post
    Things like SOTC, Crash, etc. still often use original content at their base - usually geometry and a lot of animation base. SOTC had the benefit too that the developers had already remastered the original PS2 game to HD first. Crash's animation base is still the same to the point where the same geographic glitches can be used in the remaster that worked in the PS1 originals!

Also Crash was only cheaper because Activision wasn't sure how well it was going to sell. Unsurprisingly now it's gone on to sell so well the CTR port's RRP is $20 higher for that just one remastered title than it was for 3 others in the trilogy. And the Spyro trilogy was the same as well, higher starting RRP.

RE2make however is a ground up re-imagining.... using Capcom's photogrammetry based REEngine developed for Resi 7 and being used for this and Devil May Cry 5. Given the development length, size, and everything being put into it... I'd have been surprised if it was anything less than full price.

19. Post
    Downloading now. Kb/m or controller?

20. Post
    Estumas wrote:
    Things like SOTC, Crash, etc. still often use original content at their base - usually geometry and a lot of animation base. SOTC had the benefit too that the developers had already remastered the original PS2 game to HD first. Crash's animation base is still the same to the point where the same geographic glitches can be used in the remaster that worked in the PS1 originals!

Also Crash was only cheaper because Activision wasn't sure how well it was going to sell. Unsurprisingly now it's gone on to sell so well the CTR port's RRP is $20 higher for that just one remastered title than it was for 3 others in the trilogy. And the Spyro trilogy was the same as well, higher starting RRP.

RE2make however is a ground up re-imagining.... using Capcom's photogrammetry based REEngine developed for Resi 7 and being used for this and Devil May Cry 5. Given the development length, size, and everything being put into it... I'd have been surprised if it was anything less than full price.
    Shhhhh you'll make the Playstation fanboi angry.

Anyway, played the demo had a blast performance is great for the most part had a couple of frame issues in a random corridor but otherwise fine. 4K on PC looks nice, but the HDR was wonky unfortunately.

21. Post
    Cool demo wish the timer wasn’t there
    Got to the shotgun and then it ended

5.1 sounds is great
    Graphics are decent
    4K 60fps is good
    Hdr it the best but clearly an improvement in this type of game with many areas of the screen showing dark details

22. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Shhhhh you'll make the Playstation fanboi angry.

Anyway, played the demo had a blast performance is great for the most part had a couple of frame issues in a random corridor but otherwise fine. 4K on PC looks nice, but the HDR was wonky unfortunately.
    Yeah, and I heard there were some issues with the HDR, being a demo I'm not too fussed

23. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Downloading now. Kb/m or controller?
    I used kb/m. Either should be ok?

My only complaintsd are - uses the same engine as RE7 so it still has wonky off-colour brightness/contrast where blacks are a milky grey if you follow their guidelines. Also I think being in menus counts towards the 30 minute timer.

24. Post
    ALTER. wrote:
    I used kb/m. Either should be ok?

My only complaintsd are - uses the same engine as RE7 so it still has wonky off-colour brightness/contrast where blacks are a milky grey if you follow their guidelines. Also I think being in menus counts towards the 30 minute timer.
    The timer doesn't start until you actually get into the game proper. Plus it stops when you pause.

25. Post
    Sure this uses the same story, but i think thats where the word remake ends.