Resident Evil 2 : Remake

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)

1. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    My copy finally arrived I guess 2 weeks for delivery isn't too bad for $20 in savings
    You win, my game arrived today

2. Post
    The reason I enjoyed the backtracking in RE games is I find the areas very memorable myself, not for everyone though.

3. Post
    I find that even after playing it a few times, I still can't quite remember the best order to compete things in. So each play through is a test of balancing that puzzle solving with health and ammo management.

4. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I find that even after playing it a few times, I still can't quite remember the best order to compete things in. So each play through is a test of balancing that puzzle solving with health and ammo management.
    Me too mate haha, thought it was just me.

5. Post
    Thats why I have like 50 hours played so far lol

6. Post
    Finally up to the boss after 10 hours on Easy Mode (Well I hope it's the last boss) I know what to do for the boss but man i'm getting murdered
    Last edited by WarZoner; 10th February 2019 at 1:10 pm.

7. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Finally up to the boss after 10 hours on Easy Mode (Well I hope it's the last boss) I know what to do for the boss but man i'm getting murdered
    Last boss is the easiest of the lot bro! Do you have red and blue herbs? You can combine them for a defense boost.

8. Post
    I think it was the g3 or g4 birkin boss where you gotta shoot the 3 big googly eyes in the lab. I keep on stuffing it up at the last moment. And yeah I got a couple of the red and blue herbs.

9. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I think it was the g3 or g4 birkin boss where you gotta shoot the 3 big googly eyes in the lab. I keep on stuffing it up at the last moment. And yeah I got a couple of the red and blue herbs.
    Nice, if you use that, then it takes at least 2 hits to go from Fine to Caution etc.

10. Post
    Bug patch released

https://www.pcgamer.com/an-absolute-...ffer-pcgamertw

Very much needed not sure why it’s taken so long should have been working on release

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Nice, if you use that, then it takes at least 2 hits to go from Fine to Caution etc.
    Finally killed the g3 or whatever boss after a 2 day break from the game only to get killed by the very last boss countless times Man I'm terrible at these games

12. Post
    This game is awesome

Plays very much like resident evil 7 which was my favourite in the series

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    This game is awesome

Plays very much like resident evil 7 which was my favourite in the series
    Yeah mate, I think alot of the assets are from 7 as well.

14. Post
    Finally finished the game. I can see the RE engine being put to good use in other games.

15. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Finally finished the game. I can see the RE engine being put to good use in other games.
    It's used in DmC 5 and it's amazing

16. Post
    It’s great looking engine and performance is fantastic too

17. Post
    Ghost Survivor DLC due on the 15th.

http://www.residentevil2.com/uk/extra.php#Ghost

18. Post
    Is any of it new content or just character skins etc?

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Is any of it new content or just character skins etc?
    Yes.

Capcom wrote:

No Time to Mourn:

Stars Robert Kendo, owner of the famous Gun Shop Kendo. In The Ghost Survivors, he’s given a second chance when an old friend with a helicopter radios in to pick him up. Packing up what weapons he can, Kendo sets out into the streets to fins a way out of the infected city. On his way, a new type of poisonous zombie stands between him and freedom.

Runaway:

Way before the events of Resident Evil 2 took place, the fate of the mayor’s daughter, Katherine, was already sealed. In this scenario, her story takes her down a very different path. Seeking to escape Raccoon City with a certain someone, Katherine Warren must navigate the streets while avoiding a strangely mutated type of zombie that can only be stopped with particularly powerful ammunition. Play carefully, and you might survive.

Forgotten Soldier:

Thought to have been wiped out with his squad, this forgotten U.S.S. agent, appropriately named Ghost, is attempting to escape a laboratory underneath the city. He will have to deal with hordes of monsters covered in armor. Capcom said this is a particularly “challenging scenario.” Best of luck with it.

These scenarios can be completed in regular difficulty or the new Training mode which lowers the difficulty a bit by giving you additional items and item slots. Capcom said Training Mode is a “great way to understand some of the mechanics,” in The Ghost Survivors.

Unlike the 4th Survivor Hunk and Tofu campaigns, you’ll be able to pick up more than the items you started out with. However, instead of finding these items in the environment, they will drop from specific zombies with backpacks or found in vending machines.

The caveat with the vending machines, is once you take an item from it, you can’t acquire the other two items for that run.

Each scenario will also include new challenges and trophies specific to The Ghost Survivors. Completing these will unlock accessories for your character such as a tiger mask, a raccoon that sits on your character’s head, and more.

20. Post
    And it's Free? That's pretty cool in this day and age - with RE7 they charged for the little extra DLC packs

21. Post
    ^ Yup this is free. There was 1 free DLC for 7, Not A Hero, along with the paid ones and it was the most substantial of the lot.

22. Post
    Bah keep forgetting I have this game lol. Got my copy last Friday but been too busy playing Apex lol

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Bah keep forgetting I have this game lol. Got my copy last Friday but been too busy playing Apex lol
    Ah comon - throw apex in the trash can and come play!

2019 is the year of zombies

First we had Resident Evil 2, next up is Days Gone on PS4 in April and maybe at the end of the year The Last of Us 2

24. Post
    Yeah I really wanna get into it but Apex is so much fun. Wish there was more hours in a day lol. Couldn't care less about Days Gone & doubt TLOU2 will come out this year.

Gotta try & at least finish it before Sekiro comes out. Don't want to get too far behind.

25. Post
    The original 98 models are available now. I think Ghost Survivors DLC is too, as people in the US are playing it, but I can't see it.