Resident Evil 2 : Remake

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    Been playing RE Zero while I'm waiting for this & since its the only RE game I never finished apart from shitty RE6. I know its a trademark of the early RE games but holy shit the amount of backtracking is ****en insane lol. I'm sure none of the other games were this bad although my memory is pretty bad. I can kind of see why it's regarded as one of the weaker entries in the series as well.

2. Post
    A lot of the older Resident Evil titles has a large amount of backtracking in it. Guess it's one way of padding out the game due to how small the environments are. I played the 1 shot demo of RE 2. Looks pretty darned good even if it was damn short.

3. Post
    Getting mad scores! congrats Capcom!

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Been playing RE Zero while I'm waiting for this & since its the only RE game I never finished apart from shitty RE6. I know its a trademark of the early RE games but holy shit the amount of backtracking is ****en insane lol. I'm sure none of the other games were this bad although my memory is pretty bad. I can kind of see why it's regarded as one of the weaker entries in the series as well.
    I've been running through RE5 and loving it. I hated it when I last played it on PS3, weird.

5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I've been running through RE5 and loving it. I hated it when I last played it on PS3, weird.
    Also grabbed RE6 for ps4. Platted it on Ps3. It's not a bad game, it's actually a great third person shooter it's just not a good resident Evil game.

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Also grabbed RE6 for ps4. Platted it on Ps3. It's not a bad game, it's actually a great third person shooter it's just not a good resident Evil game.
    I remember RE 6 stupid monkey person campaign. I think that was the only campaign I never finished, the rest were pretty good in my view.

7. Post
    Free DLC and classic models coming

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01...JjytN2TAcy7LGc

8. Post
    I have tried to play through RE6 in the last month, I made it through Leon's campaign and part of Chris'

What a ****ing abomination that shitfest is. The most linear and boring RE experience ever. I'm going to struggle through at some stage to experience the story though since I've played through almost every RE title (excluding the Outbreak series, Chronicles and Gaiden).

9. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I have tried to play through RE6 in the last month, I made it through Leon's campaign and part of Chris'

What a ****ing abomination that shitfest is. The most linear and boring RE experience ever. I'm going to struggle through at some stage to experience the story though since I've played through almost every RE title (excluding the Outbreak series, Chronicles and Gaiden).
    I doubt you've played Survivor then

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I doubt you've played Survivor then
    I played through Gun Survivor on PSX multiple times, Gun Survivor 2 only once. Dead Aim once.

It has been some time but those games kept the feel of Resident Evil. RE6 I just can't even.

11. Post
    Damn, I must be the only one who didn't totally hate RE6

12. Post
    I thought RE6 was fine - I think 5 is the most under rated to be honest. That game is great.

13. Post
    koldz wrote:
    I thought RE6 was fine - I think 5 is the most under rated to be honest. That game is great.
    Yeah, like I said in my post above,playing through again and loving it. Maybe it's the 60 FPS.

14. Post
    RE6 was a total dumpster fire. I could only get partway through the Leon campaign before I gave up. I didn't even bother with the other campaigns. RE5 was cool but the co-op shit ruined it a bit. Hopefully Capcom have learnt their lesson & never make another co-op RE game again (Revelations 2 was pretty good though).

15. Post
    I gave up on RE5 back in the day but apparently the Lost in Nightmares DLC that came out for it was good - it was a flashback to Chris and Jill in the mansion.

16. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Haven't played 6 but I enjoyed 5. I thought the co op was good fun.

17. Post
    Damn yo, this is getting crazy good scores....I haven't played a RE game since the halcyon summer of 1998 on my PS1...cheeky 21 years between sessions might be called for!

For those that have played REmake 1, worth doing a 1->2 playthrough?

18. Post
    IST wrote:
    Damn yo, this is getting crazy good scores....I haven't played a RE game since the halcyon summer of 1998 on my PS1...cheeky 21 years between sessions might be called for!

For those that have played REmake 1, worth doing a 1->2 playthrough?
    Nah, not really, unless you really feel the need.

19. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Damn, I must be the only one who didn't totally hate RE6
    I thought it was cheesy fun, what I played of it at least (Leon and Chris campaigns). The ever increasing transformations of the final boss in the Leon campaign were top tier schlocky fun!

20. Post
    Heh, this is loaded up with Denuvo according to the Steam store page. Interesting.

21. Post
    BlueKiwi wrote:
    Heh, this is loaded up with Denuvo according to the Steam store page. Interesting.
    Yeah it sure is

22. Post
    Well that's another off the list. Which is great because I seriously do not have time for all the games coming out.

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Zero is the worst for backtracking especially if you don't know that you need a particular item you left halfway back across the map. Without having the magic item box system you have to do much more simply due to that.

6 had a everything and the kitchen sink approach. People complained so much about some of the elements in the game Capcom actually patched sections of that game to make them shorter. The boss fight Eva mentioned for example was way different in its original form.

24. Post
    Pre-load is ready on Steam, got my key from GMG just before