World of Warcraft: Legion

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    1. Karazhan doesn't have an "h" at the start of it
    2. Noone premades a +10 anymore. Get raider.io and screen people in the premade finder. If you're the healer then you'll fill quick. Avoid people from Ragnaros.
    3. Phail Phaction
    4. Its spelled "role".
    Haha, wow. Where do I start?

Glad to see EJ's still exist. Thanks for the grammar lesson...

2. Post
    iMAGiNETHAT wrote:
    Glad to see EJ's still exist.
    The GM of Elitist Jerks moonlights as the Game Director of WoW, so yeah.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...anis/gurgthock

It's cool when game developers are actually good players as well. Still only 10/11M on Antorus though, guts.
    He's got Sulfuras and Scarab Lord though, so pretty old school.

3. Post
    Niice Quasi, maybe you should join that guild haha.

I've completed Heroic Antorus now and will be running a group tonight!

4. Post
    does anyone play on BARTHILAS

5. Post

60 USD, 100 NZD

The rape is real

6. Post
    any guild I can join on Barth? Need to get heirlooms. Horde

7. Post
    Kog wrote:
    any guild I can join on Barth? Need to get heirlooms. Horde
    add me Stimpy#1399

8. Post
    Stimpy wrote:
    add me Stimpy#1399
    I found one

too bad you can only be in 1 guild

9. Post
    What are you guys doing in game ATM?

I just re subbed but nothing new really...I have cleared Heroic ANT on multiple characters and half of them on Mythic with no desire to raid hardcore anymore.

I have all classes at 110 and their class quests done and all over 920 ilvl...

Done M+ as much as I found enjoyable, not too keen on it right now at this stage of the expansion...

Currently leveling a warrior for nostalgia's sake.

Any other suggestions?

10. Post
    I've just started back a few months ago. Hadn't touched the game since Pandaria.

To be honest I'm just levelling toons setting up the OH and generating gold from them. Have done some M+ but otherwise pretty meh.

11. Post
    spoot wrote:
    I have cleared Heroic ANT on multiple characters and half of them on Mythic
    You cleared ToA on Mythic with multiple characters? That's pretty impressive, your guild must be well above casual.

voy1dnz wrote:
    To be honest I'm just levelling toons setting up the OH and generating gold from them.
    That's what I did about this time last Xpac, took advantage of all the free gold going around and turned it into about $200NZD worth of subscription time. It's not a great time/money investment in the real world but it's satisfying to know that you play for free because you're a leet Goblin.

12. Post
    What free gold? I haven't played since wotlk launch (except for a bit during legion invasion event)

13. Post
    Nah, lol, my bad. Shocking sentence!!

I mean, I have cleared Heroic on multiple characters. Only did HALF the Mythic bosses on 1 char, and then, only a few times.

The only "Free" Gold I know of is the Order Hall missions, but they had some time invested into them anyway..

Or maybe he means something else "free"

WoW is just a time hole really..

14. Post
    Kog wrote:
    What free gold? I haven't played since wotlk launch (except for a bit during legion invasion event)
    spoot wrote:
    The only "Free" Gold I know of is the Order Hall missions, but they had some time invested into them anyway..
    That's mostly what I was referring to. From just two garrison-leveled characters I had about a million gold and 12 months worth of tokens (when they used to cost about 30-40k each) after the better part of a year. I would have to log in every day or two for 10 minutes to send the minions out on missions and collect all the resources that were accumulating from the barn (which would pump out a 100g mat every 3 hours). Every couple of weeks I'd need to get a group together and trap a bunch of elites in Nagrand for about an hour to fuel the barn but I quite liked the mechanical nature of it, maybe it's my faux autism.
    The mats and occasional sweet item like a mount that would show up in the missions also needed selling but that only takes a second with the right addons and a bank alt.

It wouldn't be worth it for a lot of people but I quite liked it and the time investment was minimal, hence free money.

15. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Step 1: Download the Raider.io addon.
    Step 2: Pug level 10 keys.
    Step 3: Avoid players from Azralon and Ragnaros.
    Step 4: Check everyones Raider.io score before starting the run. For level 10 keys just check that everyones at least done a 10 before.
    Step 5: Once you've done EVERY dungeon at least once on a 10 or higher, move on to pugging 13s.
    Step 6: Once you've done EVERY dungeon at least once on a 13 or higher, move on to pugging 15s.

The addon works both ways. The leader will screen you whether or not you have the addon, but you can screen them back too. When you mouse over the group, it tells you the leaders stats. If they haven't done any M+s before, don't even apply. If they're from Ragnaros, don't even apply. If you join and notice that the leader has a nice score but has a guildie with no score, leave.
    Just found this, will definitely grab it and give it a whirl. I've done a few with my guildies, but given that I'm on at random times it's hard to get a solid consistent group together. For me because I've started to play as a Warrior tank i'm just making sure I learn the instances first.

I note that I've got a few runs already counted on there that others must've logged which is nifty.

I do like the M+ model, I don't think I'll ever go back to raiding but this gives me a way of playing and challenging myself.

16. Post
    I really enjoyed M+, but you get to a certain level where your PUGed tier pieces are holding you back. To get to running 20+ you likely need to be doing heroic/mythic Antorus as well. I didn't want to commit to a raiding guild, so I just unsubbed. I'll probably come back for BfA but I think a nice solution for those that only want to focus on M+ would be to make it so you can only use non-raiding gear in M+. Would be a balancing nightmare and won't be done as Blizzard wants raids to be the pinnacle of endgame.

17. Post
    spoot wrote:
    What are you guys doing in game ATM?

I just re subbed but nothing new really...I have cleared Heroic ANT on multiple characters and half of them on Mythic with no desire to raid hardcore anymore.

I have all classes at 110 and their class quests done and all over 920 ilvl...

Done M+ as much as I found enjoyable, not too keen on it right now at this stage of the expansion...

Currently leveling a warrior for nostalgia's sake.

Any other suggestions?
    hey bro, long time no see

I just resubbed 4 weeks ago after a few years off the game. Got 3 chars to 110 already, want to get all classes to 110 before BfA then ill raid that. Dont see the point in raiding right now.

18. Post
    Gamblor wrote:
    I think a nice solution for those that only want to focus on M+ would be to make it so you can only use non-raiding gear in M+.
    That's a terrible idea that 99% of players would complain bitterly about.

You can pub heroic raids np. My mate got ahead of the curve the other night with a pug.

19. Post
    Yeah Heroic Raids are much easier the longer the expansion goes on for The skill factor there is much less than mythic and most decent people should be able to do it.

M+ and raiding goes well together. Depends what you play the game for and there will never be a one size fits all or everyone is happy with everything. That's life. I feel like they do a great job and have for a very long time.

Hey Elliot Been a while that's for sure!! I am 35 now...geez LOL...Started WoW like what...almost 14 years ago...good times I have 2 little boys at home now so full on Still dabble in some CSGO too, currently addicted to PUBG How are you?

I see Charlie is back in One on Barthilas. I have all my Horde characters there I am done with raiding for this expac yea. Main characters have their "gear". I am waiting for BFA to raid again, have to decide what to raid with....mmm...been a mage for a long time now. Loved Demon Hunter too though..mmm

If I were you I would run the raids at least once to get that experience. Well worth it

20. Post
    99% is an over-exaggeration but I agree that some raiders would complain they couldn't farm their +15 for the week. The current ruleset doesn't work though as all the top M+ teams complain that they have to raid. So changes should be made to improve the situation for those that focus on M+.

When I was subbed I pugged up to Heroic Portal Keeper but groups would always struggle. Probably could've got curve if I'd stayed subbed. If I play BfA I'll likely commit to a semi-hardcore guild.

21. Post
    Gamblor wrote:
    The current ruleset doesn't work though as all the top M+ teams complain that they have to raid. So changes should be made to improve the situation for those that focus on M+.
    That's like me complaining I want Arena gear but I refuse to do arenas. If you don't want to raid then you can't have raid gear.

I just spend half an hour of my life getting this quality item.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=141348/wondrous-wisdomball
    If you "view in 3d" on Wowhead and run "EmoteLaugh", you'll see what I mean. They're all pretty good though actually.

22. Post
    I noticed if you keep clicking on Illidan during the Argus intro quest line he starts memeing.

"Your are... ugh... not.. prepared..."
    "You are not prepared" *bored voice*
    "Your persistence is hardly surprising"
    "YOU ARE NOT... am I denying you of something?"

23. Post
    Maybe it's cause I played in a different generation, but I'm of the opposite belief.

It bugged me that people could be equally as geared as someone that commits to a sometimes fairly intense raiding schedule, just by running M+. Essentially, other than tier and the odd trinket, the rest of the gear is unimportant as you could pick up equivalent pieces from M+.

On the flip side, it's great there's other options around now to suck up your time in-game.

But I do miss those days of "purples" being reward for hard work and being envious of some of the pieces some were lucky enough to get, while wandering around in dungeon "blues".

24. Post
    S15Silvia wrote:
    Maybe it's cause I played in a different generation, but I'm of the opposite belief.

It bugged me that people could be equally as geared as someone that commits to a sometimes fairly intense raiding schedule, just by running M+. Essentially, other than tier and the odd trinket, the rest of the gear is unimportant as you could pick up equivalent pieces from M+.

On the flip side, it's great there's other options around now to suck up your time in-game.

But I do miss those days of "purples" being reward for hard work and being envious of some of the pieces some were lucky enough to get, while wandering around in dungeon "blues".
    You hit the nail on the head with my beliefs and feels as well.

But gone are those days. They've changed the grind to other things now where flying is the new purple. **** that! Such a waste of time/sink of time.

25. Post
    High ilvl epics are just as rare as the old "purples".

Wtf would you be mad that some noob gets an 870 piece of shit epic if you have mythic raid gear?

It's such a stupid thing to complain about, the colour of the text on the gear. LFR epics might as well be blues. Would you feel better if they were?