World of Warcraft: Legion

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    I think you may have completely missed the point...

You can pay gold to be carried through a +15 and end up with a piece of gear equivalent to mythic raid gear - total time ~20mins? Or you could raid for 4hrs and might walk away with nothing dependant on loot rules/guild etc.

And then to get an even higher ilvl epic you're having to rely on luck with wf/tf!

Essentially, you're rewarded with very similar gear, for less input.

The colour reference is merely harking back to the old days when ilvl wasn't even a thing

2. Post
    Gamblor wrote:
    The current ruleset doesn't work though as all the top M+ teams complain that they have to raid.
    If they want raid gear, they know where to find it. Raiding has always been the traditional high end of WoW, If you're a "cutting edge" player then obviously you're going to have better gear than someone who only does 5 mans.

Gamblor wrote:
    So changes should be made to improve the situation for those that focus on M+.
    That's ridiculous. What if I want to focus on pet battles... where's my mythic raid gear? You can get a tonne of good gear from M+ and people that do it exclusively should be happy it's as good as it is.

S15Silvia wrote:
    You can pay gold to be carried through a +15 and end up with a piece of gear equivalent to mythic raid gear - total time ~20mins? Or you could raid for 4hrs and might walk away with nothing dependant on loot rules/guild etc.
    That's a another ridiculous comparison. You can pay to be carried through a raid as well and it would be a lot less effort to carry 1/20 than 1/5. It also wouldn't take 4 hours for a guild that's farming easily enough to be selling carries.

S15Silvia wrote:
    Essentially, you're rewarded with very similar gear, for less input.
    Are you referring to the one piece per week compared to the multiple pieces that drop off every raid boss?

S15Silvia wrote:
    The colour reference is merely harking back to the old days when ilvl wasn't even a thing
    I know that, that's why I say it's not really something to complain about.

3. Post

That's a slightly mental number of smilies.

4. Post
    Yeah I have issues. Probably Autistic and mentally unstable?

Or just plain weird...

5. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Snip
    I never suggested that M+ should give raiding gear. I think M+ is in a similar situation to PVP. If you want to min-max in anything in WoW then you need to be in a mythic raiding guild. Most people that focus on M+ or PVP don't want to raid, so I think a better solution would be to have PVP stats and M+ stats on the respective gear. That way people can focus on what they want to, and the gear they achieve doing that activity gives them the best chance of progression.

6. Post
    Undefineed wrote:
    They've changed the grind to other things now where flying is the new purple. **** that! Such a waste of time/sink of time.
    Yeah and it felt ****ing good man.

7. Post

8. Post
    You owned those alive noobs.

9. Post
    spoot wrote:
    Yeah I have issues. Probably Autistic and mentally unstable?

Or just plain weird...
    You're just oldschool, from the days when text was text.

Gamblor wrote:
    I think a better solution would be to have PVP stats and M+ stats on the respective gear. That way people can focus on what they want to, and the gear they achieve doing that activity gives them the best chance of progression.
    They did it that way for years with resilience on PvP gear, the problem was you could have mythic raid gear and get smoked by someone who'd run a few Arathi Basins. Blizzard want people to be able to do everything in more or less the same gear, hence the change in Legion. I did a couple of arenas for the first time this xpac the other day and was able to actually stay alive in PvE gear for more than 5 seconds which would never have been possible in prior expansions.

I'm not even sure what you're complaining about, that M+ doesn't drop high enough gear?

10. Post
    We have a team of players running M+15 and higher, we're looking for a skilled and reliable healer to join our team.

We're not HARDCORE but casually doing between 15 and 20 keystones.

If you're interested send me a PM, i'll send you the names of our team and you can look them up in raider.io

Prefer someone 2k+

11. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I'm not even sure what you're complaining about, that M+ doesn't drop high enough gear?
    I like M+ but if I want to be competitive then I am forced to mythic raid, even if I don't want to.

12. Post
    Last edited by Starkey; 19th May 2018 at 4:32 pm.

13. Post
    Alright, who did this.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...beithos/rekuja

confess, and I may send you chocolate fish if you stop dicking me around and delete that dirty night elf so I can transfer my main.

14. Post
    lol might have been me. I'll check my other accounts later.

E: nah aint me
    Last edited by teelo7; 24th July 2018 at 2:53 pm.

15. Post
    Someone who likes sushi

16. Post
    Someone who likes smelting pants.

Gamblor wrote:
    I like M+ but if I want to be competitive then I am forced to mythic raid, even if I don't want to.
    Competitive with who? imo it makes perfect sense that someone in mythic raid gear can run a higher keystone than you. It's like complaining about getting owned in a battleground by someone in gladiator gear.

17. Post
    Maybe I'm just being a precious snowflake, but I think the correct analogy would be complaining about PVPing in gladiator gear and getting out damaged by someone in raiding gear. I feel there are 3 competitive streams in WoW at the moment: Raiding, M+ and PVP. And you should be able to excel in one area without worrying about the others.

I'm actually quite keen to get into a casual raiding guild for BfA, so it may not be as much of an issue for me this expansion.

18. Post
    Imo raiding and m+ are the same stream, pve. That's how blizzard obviously sees it as well.

A casual raiding guild isn't likely to get you much mythic raid gear anyway, maybe you underestimate how difficult it is.

19. Post
    legion seemed to pass way to quick for me. content was easy