1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Two things come to mind

1. Blizzard realizes that TBC was the best expansion.
    2. Blizzard is running out of lore and ideas.

3. Post
    well TBC was the best expansion and they are running out.. i mean they are doing ANOTHER troll dungeon..

4. Post
    Too little, too soon. Warlords was half an expansion for the price of a full one, not to mention the monthly fee was the same. This will almost certainly be the same. The prospect of returning to WoW is the least attractive it's ever been.

It's amusing, as the same critical mistakes they made towards the tail end of the Lich King days and with the launch of Cataclysm are continuing to be made again and again and Blizzard are just too stupid to recognize that. I had hoped WoD would be different but alas, same mistakes, different expansion. And now they're killing it a year early to drop another expansion.

WoW is dead.

5. Post
    See you in game Xev

6. Post
    Xev wrote:
    It's amusing, as the same critical mistakes they made towards the tail end of the Lich King days and with the launch of
    Which mistakes? the tail end of WOTLK was generally held in much higher regard than it's earlier days. Unless you're referring specifically to LFD, then I agree,

7. Post
    Yeah the game that's been out for over a decade is losing the interest of some players. Its still the biggest by far.

Its not dead. Its not going anywhere for the time being. Its already proven to be the undisputed king on MMO's. Can't please everyone.

8. Post
    I couldn't agree more Pyrocore.

I dont understand why people come in and shit post in these kind of threads.

If you dont like it just move on to the next game thread, no one really cares why you think said game is a failure or has no future.
    Your views arent going to change the minds of the masses of people who still enjoy it for what it is.
    It just makes you look like a penis.

9. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:

If you dont like it just move on to the next game thread, no one really cares why you think said game is a failure or has no future.
    Your views arent going to change the minds of the masses of people who still enjoy it for what it is.
    Best part is most of the whiners will still buy it and give it a stab.

I know I will for at least a couple months.

10. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:

Are we talking Xev's post? Mine was simply a personal observation. In any case, Blizzard's dev cycle for these expansions are pretty ridiculous, we pretty much only cleared 2 raids with the third still being done by a lot of guilds and the new expansions is already on its way. I'm not complaining as I am a WoW player, I hope they don't just recycle a bunch of stuff from TBC.

11. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:

Maybe because people paid what, ~100nzd for game + 1 month sub at least, and the game was so bad millions of people quit few months?

Good on people who point out flaws tbh, People who skipped WoD should be warned about the potential shitness.

12. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    Are we talking Xev's post? Mine was simply a personal observation. In any case, Blizzard's dev cycle for these expansions are pretty ridiculous, we pretty much only cleared 2 raids with the third still being done by a lot of guilds and the new expansions is already on its way. I'm not complaining as I am a WoW player, I hope they don't just recycle a bunch of stuff from TBC.
    i don't understand why people are saying the new expansion will be 'recycled'. just because it has illidan in it? get off it.

13. Post
    Xev wrote:
    WoW is dead.
    lol

14. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    i don't understand why people are saying the new expansion will be 'recycled'. just because it has illidan in it? get off it.
    As in art assets and lore etc. It just feels the back in time theme is a tad lazy, if you look at the transition between TBC, WotLK and Pandaria, it felt much more expansive and progressive.

15. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    Blizzard is running out of lore and ideas.
    There is quite a bit of story that has been going on multiple expansions, The Naga queen story that hasn't been finished since Cataclysm finally will be, Blizzard confirmed a long while ago that Illidan was gonna be back, A lot of the stuff that is being added with this expansion has been seen in Warcraft 3 including long lost characters that haven't been seen since then are back, And they are up against the burning Legion the main enemy of the story, Seems like they are wrapping up the story rather than running out of lore.

16. Post
    personally it feel like this is what WoD should have been, but they ran out of time or made a decision to cut this expansion out and give them more time to put it out with the expected Blizzard stamp of approval. But hey, blizzard still selling better than all.

17. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    As in art assets and lore etc. It just feels the back in time theme is a tad lazy, if you look at the transition between TBC, WotLK and Pandaria, it felt much more expansive and progressive.
    you have a point about the current expansion, but the new one isn't about time travel...

18. Post
    lol they always said the legion would come back, how is anyone surprised by this? the legion is the main storyline for Warcraft

19. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    you have a point about the current expansion, but the new one isn't about time travel...
    I know the lore isn't officially announced on how the legion is coming back. But if you look at the Hellfire raid and future raids with Gul'dan and Grom I'm guessing before they die, they open another portal from TBC era to the current Azeroth era or something along those lines.

With the updated demon models in 6.2, I think they are essentially paving the way towards the Legion expansion in terms of art assets.

20. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    Two things come to mind

1. Blizzard realizes that TBC was the best expansion.
    2. Blizzard is running out of lore and ideas.
    Two thing comes to mind

1. Vocal WoW moaners always can be relied upon to buy every new expansion and then resub for a month or so.
    2. Wildstar tried to attract this supposed "OMG I miss 40-man raid from vanilla WoW/TBC" audience. Wildstar's marketing strategy failed spectacularly because nobody except maybe school kids, retirees and the unemployed has the time and patience for that shit. The raid head count requirements were subsequently lowered significantly.

21. Post
    The reason for that is that the Internet majority is usually the real life minority.

In other words while gpnz is the dominant nz game site most gamers in nz probably don't ever come here anyway.

And for wow, most wow players never post or read their forums.

On MMOCHAMP most wow posts is about raiders so reading that you would think raiding is the main thing people do in wow yet 90%+ of wow players never do progression raiding or kill last bosses of expansions

22. Post
    Wildstar was also much more grindy than WoW, There is no reason to build a game similar to WoW but make it more grindy and without better gameplay. With most of the WOW population having ..YEARS invested in their toon, you really have to make something super awesome to pry them from the loving bosom of WoW especially if you are offering similar gameplay.

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    90%+ of wow players never do progression raiding or kill last bosses of expansions
    That's a pretty wild exaggeration - 50% of the playerbase killed Garrosh on at least LFR - and that rises to 75% if you only count players who also killed the first boss of that raid (ie the active playerbase)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-439

24. Post
    LFR is Like Face Roll mode?