Divinity: Original Sin 2 announced, Kickstarter incoming

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    I am actually looking forward to playing this. Seems this game is scratching the itch thoroughly, unlike previous Kickstarters.

2. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    I am actually looking forward to playing this. Seems this game is scratching the itch thoroughly, unlike previous Kickstarters.
    To be fair there are a lot of KS games that have succeeded in meeting or exceeding expectations.

Original Sin 1
    Pillars of Eternity
    The Banner Saga
    Darkest Dungeon
    Grim Dawn
    Dreamfall Chapters
    Thimbleweed Park
    Hard West
    Wasteland 2
    Paradigm
    Stasis
    Satellite Reign
    Battle Chasers
    Torment Tides of Numenera
    Yooka Laylee (at least it was for me)

Those are just the ones I've backed.

I think you're listening to too much baseless bollocks from internet pitchfork wielders upset about a specific game that failed to meet expectation, or never got released. These are the minority btw.

3. Post
    Eh, Wasteland 2, PoE and Torment, they all felt incomplete in one way or another, not to say they weren't enjoyable and worth my pledge.

I wouldn't say any of the Kickstarter games I've played have been on Black Isle level, which is exactly what I'm looking forward to with DoS2, and what my previous post alluded to.

4. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Eh, Wasteland 2, PoE and Torment, they all felt incomplete in one way or another, not to say they weren't enjoyable and worth my pledge.

I wouldn't say any of the Kickstarter games I've played have been on Black Isle level, which is exactly what I'm looking forward to with DoS2, and what my previous post alluded to.
    I couldn't bring myself to finish Wasteland 2...got to LA and just gave up.

PoE was good after about a year of patching.

5. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:

There is a lot of rose-tinted glasses in there. And this is coming from someone who adores and owns every version of those games. For me PoE easily meets that quality level (it took some patching though).

6. Post
    IST wrote:
    Over 100 hours in, and I'm just getting to the Nameless Isle.

I kid you not.

Act 3 of 4 ahoy!
    All up, took me 150 hours according to Steam! Though I now remember leaving the game running overnight by accident at one point, so make that 140...

7. Post
    Game still manages to delight and surprise me with it's writing 110 hours in, starting to feel that dread in end game decisions, can see sacrifice on the horizon, and tears.

Best, most meaningful loot and unique items in any RPG ever too, just a marvel.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. Post
    Playing this now and it's pretty cool but am I missing something or are some options just impossible? I can't see any way to not give up the lizard who stole the oranges, I can't fight them because they 1) outnumber me 2) out damage me and 3) their defence is like 10x mine...

So I either have to give him up or reload and just avoid continuing that quest for quite some time?

9. Post
    Sounds like you need higher persuasion.

10. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Playing this now and it's pretty cool but am I missing something or are some options just impossible? I can't see any way to not give up the lizard who stole the oranges, I can't fight them because they 1) outnumber me 2) out damage me and 3) their defence is like 10x mine...

So I either have to give him up or reload and just avoid continuing that quest for quite some time?
    Not all quests are completeable in a way you'd like depending on your party make-up, skills, etc. If expect to play this and resolve every quests then you're likely going to have a bad time. this is not that sort of game.

11. Post
    You haven't tried everything. There are lots of ways.

12. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    You haven't tried everything. There are lots of ways.
    This game does reward you for thinking outside the box.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Not all quests are completeable in a way you'd like depending on your party make-up, skills, etc. If expect to play this and resolve every quests then you're likely going to have a bad time. this is not that sort of game.
    Yeah that's what I was wondering. I'll look into it some more.

14. Post
    Well I solved it another way that had a similar outcome but then I absolutely could not beat the fight in the prison so I just lowered the difficulty. I'm bad but I actually prefer it easier, means I can do fun stuff in combat rather than worry about health pots and res scrolls.

Game is really awesome though. The pet pal trait is amazing, so many cool animals, the rat in the armoury was too cool.

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Well I solved it another way that had a similar outcome.
    Welcome to DoS2! Happy to hear you're digging.
    Personally I preferred the combat difficult as it forced me to try new things. I agree that it can be rather punishing.

16. Post
    I'm only slightly irked that every encounter seems choreographed to give the enemy party an advantage they wouldn't normally have. Like having them all spawned in high places, perfectly distanced, with higher initiative.

It adds to the artificial feel, like I'm in a combat simulator instead out in the wide world.

It's a minor complaint.

17. Post
    Entering a battle the wrong way can make all the difference - had to restart a LOT of them. Get used to it tbh.

18. Post
    I enjoy the combat. Can be pretty frustrating when you first come across a new encounter and they hit you with something you aren't prepared for, but is pretty great that it's challenging.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

19. Post
    Definitive Edition launches in August and existing owners of the vanilla game on Steam will get it for free.
    https://twitter.com/larianstudios/st...28379060609024

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  81.9 KB

20. Post
    This game was amazing, interesting to see what they do with the definitive edition. A quick google shows UI changes but also "new content".

21. Post
    I'll give it another go when that comes out. I can't even remember why I stopped, but the pull to go back never came.

22. Post
    I was hooked until the last chapter. I don't know why, but I just found Arx dull af

23. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    I'll give it another go when that comes out. I can't even remember why I stopped, but the pull to go back never came.
    Same, I got to the second big area and stopped despite loving the first few maps.

I'll probably just restart fresh.

24. Post
    Definitive Edition is looking hype as!!

100,000 new voiced words? Rebalanced fights and rejigged stuff all over the show...I need to do a 2 member party playthrough once this comes out

Larian and CDPR are leading the pack on how to be self publishing amazing devs.....so heart warming.

25. Post
    I assume this edition will come to PS4?