Divinity: Original Sin 2 announced, Kickstarter incoming

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 9 of 9 First ... 6789

1. Post
    That fight vs the oil and fire voidlings was epic. They had total different resistances by memory so you had to switch everything up mid fight. Took me half a dozen attempts to get it right.

2. Post
    Oil waves came first for me, I was at the very top of the hanging scaffold picking them off with fire. By the time fire waves started coming, entire map was covered in necro flames, and it provided healing for those bastards.
    The scope of mayhem and chaos, with random magisters in between me and voidlings, was just jaw dropping.

Last night I had another similar moment fighting undead in Arx sewers, bastards detonated Deathfog crates near my characters, or used teleport to put party members in the cloud.

My main is a melee Scoundrel/Warfare, with a pinch of Huntsman, Polymorph and Necro, can cover ridiculous distances, endless cc, first aid, delay death... Ifan is truly a glass cannon, except I've bought him a helm and boots with every cc immunity there is, so he can eliminate opponent each turn with 75% crit.

That delay death necro skill came through big time vs a demon on that island. In one of the tombs/prison cells, one demon possessed characters who hit him, had to hit my own to get him out, so it was a huge **** you **** buahahaha! moment.

Haven't had this much fun in ages.

3. Post
    And done. The final battle was so much fun, I ended up repeating it for every ending. I can see what everyone says in terms of rushed endings, but don't mind it too much, the journey was well worth it.

Just really wanted to know what did Malady want.

4. Post
    The Definitive Edition is out in five days. Heavily reworked final act apparently, plus some tweaks to some quests, and apparently the dwarf's story has had a makeover.

Last time I played a custom guy, but this time I will play one of the established player characters. Probably Ifan as a summoner.

5. Post
    There will be a review coming for this version! Not too far away either!

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    There will be a review coming for this version! Not too far away either!
    Based on a last score, I predict 11/10.

7. Post
    Awesome. Just finishing pillars 2. Such a cool game. So can get back into this straight after.

8. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Awesome. Just finishing pillars 2. Such a cool game. So can get back into this straight after.
    Man, I'm still struggling to find a character I want to play the whole campaign with. Made about 20 builds so far.

9. Post
    I'm trying really hard not to install Witcher 3 before this comes out... Lord give me strength.

10. Post
    Larian made this fun short film... just to announce cross-save support between Switch and Steam versions. Such cool, fun dudes.

11. Post
    Just started playing Divinity 2. So far it feels a bit like an offline WoW in regards to how much there is to learn. Spent a good 3 hours just playing around with stuff in the tutorial area and I still haven't left the tutorial.

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Just started playing Divinity 2. So far it feels a bit like an offline WoW in regards to how much there is to learn. Spent a good 3 hours just playing around with stuff in the tutorial area and I still haven't left the tutorial.
    I also decided to pick it up, but on Switch.

There's so much to learn. I started on Story mode and am having a hard time on Explorer Mode. Googling modes just gets you a lot of ego-fueled regulars saying the only way to play is on Tactician Mode which is ridiculous.

I'm 8hrs in, and I still don't properly get combat strats. I've found that Teleportation is my go to if there's enemies on high ground or too far away. I don't have a ranger and my ranged magic abilities tend to have massive splash damage against my own team.

Still learning. But I love the voice acting. The narration is my favourite part.

13. Post
    Story/Explorer/Classic/Tactician are just badly named difficulty tweaks (https://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fe...fficulty+Modes). Just play wherever you're comfortable with after checking that page.

14. Post
    Lone Wold Tactitician is the most fun I reckon: hard as nails but fair.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Somewhere in chapter 2 I think. 37 hours in now.

Just looking at Steam stats - the latest one I earned "The Meistr" - only about 40% of players have it ;P

16. Post
    Nearly finished now I think

About to enter the Cathedral in Arx. Up to 90 hours now it's been a hell of a journey- what an amazing game