Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Anyways once this thread is done with communal ideas and people putting their hands up to plan the requirements, make processes etc then change should be reasonably quick.

2. Post
    I'm halfway through post #4 and on beer #7

This is progress... ESL isn't helping

3. Post
    yo nice work opaque

4. Post
    Feel free to add anything, fix any grammatical errors (... blame the beer) and tidy up formatting

I will chip away at it, but that's pretty much the meat of it. I'm sure it can be made tidier/easier to read through so will keep looking at better formats, Kov is gunna do some unified headers etc to keep it tidier than my ripped logos

edit: Figured out how to make the server IP links open CSGO and connect to the server automatically
    Last edited by opaque; 22nd August 2015 at 7:57 pm.

5. Post
    Here's a thought: why do you need so many subforums? All it does is hide away content and community activity from potential readers, and the CSNZ userbase is tiny these days.

Collapse CSNZ into a single forum where you can discuss the game/tournaments/the clan scene. Encourage users to start new threads, stamp out threadshitting and the mentality that you need a subforum to do anything.

6. Post
    Clan forums are required for organising matches that are specific only for a small group of people.

Agree with the rest

The source and 1.6 stuff needs to go.

Clan scene should be moved into the root sub.

7. Post
    One thing we cooouuuullldddd do which has the risk of creating a bunch of dead threads is reduce the amount we use the mega thread and encourage people to create new topics.

Things like betting, or major tournaments could break away into their own threads. Reddit and hltv are obviously the best distribution method for this info but the communities are rubbish. So I see no reason why we can't just duplicate things like match day threads and have our own discussions, oddshot (shudder) highlight videos, whatever.

Another thing which is pretty much impossible to change is that were a fairly tight community and could kind of be seen as a bit of a clique. Which makes it tough for new people to get involved.

Not really sure how to overcome that other than actively advertising the forum to good ****s we find in MM or faceit or esea or wherever.

Awesome work from opaque.

8. Post
    meeekael wrote:
    Things like betting, or major tournaments could break away into their own threads. Reddit and hltv are obviously the best distribution method for this info but the communities are rubbish. So I see no reason why we can't just duplicate things like match day threads and have our own discussions, oddshot (shudder) highlight videos, whatever
    Was thinking about this today, just pulling the big match/tournament threads and bringing them here. Like you say the communities are trash and if we had them here there'd be more "personal" (for lack of a better word) interaction among everyone

9. Post
    CSNZ needs to break away from Cyber Gamer and come back home, we have enough people to run some leagues... lets bring the stigma back to CSNZ about it being a home ground of the pros. That league you ran opaque was awesome, even just watching the results and the threads was interesting.

10. Post
    Updated the orconts link so it'll auto join without prompting for a password now

ty Mocksey for fixing that one

11. Post
    All i can say is good luck

12. Post
    Just throwing this out there. Dunno about others but I listen to a lot of podcasts while commuting etc. Have recently been listening to Esports Today, which is pretty solid. They don't really follow CS, but recently had a short interview with Joe Wong from Team Liquid about CS and ESL Cologne which was great.

I find the podcast format works pretty well for following the competitive scene. It's nice having a weekly check-in which covers the big upcoming matches, with predictions here and there, which are then revisited the following week. It's also a good place to get a 2 minute breakdown of whatever major things are going on. There may not be a huge amount of interest for it, but if there was a podcast about the state of CS, from a Kiwi slant I'd be keen to listen. Wouldn't need to be hours long - I think 10-30 minutes is a pretty decent range for a single topic podcast.

That said, I was on the GP podcast for awhile and will say it takes a bit more effort/organisation than you'd expect, between prep, recording and production, so it would be a bit of a commitment.

13. Post
    Betting thread.

Srs

14. Post
    we had betting/tipping back in old MGL, based on points, players took real pride in getting their selections right - it was pretty cool, no money involved, just points and pride.

15. Post
    Stimpy wrote:
    All i can say is good luck
    Nuff said

16. Post
    Bloody keen to see the NZ CS Scene back up and running - I hear it used to be something quite spectacular

17. Post
    CS fans finally im at right place

18. Post
    yo davis still playing cs? mad
    what was this thread about again

19. Post
    wtf uhcip sup cuh

20. Post
    wtf ryan back from the dead

21. Post
    Kill the mega thread it sucks in valuable discussion

22. Post
    good things take time?

23. Post
    waddup maynneee sht good to see some updates on this site been a while lol. cs still going hard? :/ are there any 1.6 servers still running without bots lol? or have people given up on real games.. i would check myself but just starting to build me a pc good enough to run more than 10 fps

24. Post
    Name:  DyphmawXQAcbLXi.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  258.9 KB

The days..

25. Post
    Makes you feel real old when you have played 90% of the games and had a C64