Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

CSNZ revival ideas/action thread

prodavis wrote:
    What do you guys think, should we put forward to GP that CSNZ needs new admins to get the forums popular, up to date?

I vote Kov Aka Maestro
    +1
    Kov and I got Mod, but we can't change anything. I would like to see some new admins that can improve CSNZ.
    Last edited by aEth0R; 21st August 2015 at 12:48 pm.

2. Post
    olah wrote:
    +1
    Kov and I got Mod, but we can't change anything. I would like to see some new admins that can improve CSNZ.
    tbh not sure how you guys expect new admins to make any difference other then possibly speeding up the process of creating/admining new clan forums or new sub forums etc. Tony has that shit under control now and the GP-Gestapo doesn't hand out admin willy-nilly. Personally I would be thankful we have Tony on-side because the rest of them seem happy to forget we even exist.

That said if you are handing admin out give it to me

3. Post
    We need someone to start a new forum called cstrike.co.nz and it can be a place for gamers to speak freely without worrying about advertisers and corporate overlords, sound familiar?

4. Post
    aeth0r wrote:
    tbh not sure how you guys expect new admins to make any difference other then possibly speeding up the process of creating/admining new clan forums or new sub forums etc. Tony has that shit under control now and the GP-Gestapo doesn't hand out admin willy-nilly. Personally I would be thankful we have Tony on-side because the rest of them seem happy to forget we even exist.

That said if you are handing admin out give it to me
    You see, that's your opinion based on your pass-time activity, for other's its their hobbie..

I'd like to see a clear out of inactive teams, fine tuning of groups, information threads pumping out content informing players of competitions and the competitive nature of CSGO, server lists, twitch streams, player lists, esea, faceit, demo/results, esports, international esports, community members interviewing the top players in cybergamer whom don't have connections to CSNZ so that we as kiwis can potentially reunite and have some pride in being kiwi gamers.

Basically a bit of initiative and leadership in an attempt to improve the community and support its growth, path the way for future growth.

Forgetting we exist? CS made GPFORUMS what it is today and has one of the biggest post counts of all groups, a majority of the long standing members in open/general discussion have links to the original CS. CSGO could potentially be bigger than any other board on these forums with slight improvements.

Why anchor when you can carry?

5. Post
    I'd rather see Blind-Reaper as an OVERLORD with a few minions doing all the work.

6. Post
    I agree ^

We need the people who care enough about CS to have the power to make the changes we want around here.

7. Post
    prodavis wrote:
    You see, that's your opinion based on your pass-time activity, for other's its their hobbie..

I'd like to see a clear out of inactive teams, fine tuning of groups, information threads pumping out content informing players of competitions and the competitive nature of CSGO, server lists, twitch streams, player lists, esea, faceit, demo/results, esports, international esports, community members interviewing the top players in cybergamer whom don't have connections to CSNZ so that we as kiwis can potentially reunite and have some pride in being kiwi gamers.

Basically a bit of initiative and leadership in an attempt to improve the community and support its growth, path the way for future growth.

Forgetting we exist? CS made GPFORUMS what it is today and has one of the biggest post counts of all groups, a majority of the long standing members in open/general discussion have links to the original CS. CSGO could potentially be bigger than any other board on these forums with slight improvements.

Yep plenty of stuff to do but all takes time

Most of that stuff can be done without being an admin

8. Post
    Those who want to can make content, aeth0r, kov & halo can sticky what needs to be stickied. It easier to talk about pumping out content than actually doing it consistently. Our website is a prime example of this.

If the inactive clan forums are annoying, then maybe they could be moved to a "CSNZ History" section. Sometimes it's fun to go on nostalgia trips without having to use Webarchive to browse Halcyon forums LOL.

Also finding people with motivation, knowledge, eloquence and time to put out relevant content is like climbing Everest with your dick tied to your shoe tbh. Especially seeing as it'll be 100% volunteer work and places like Reddit have taken pride of place in the CSGO information serving world

9. Post
    opaque wrote:
    Those who want to can make content, aeth0r, kov & halo can sticky what needs to be stickied. It easier to talk about pumping out content than actually doing it consistently. Our website is a prime example of this.

If the inactive clan forums are annoying, then maybe they could be moved to a "CSNZ History" section. Sometimes it's fun to go on nostalgia trips without having to use Webarchive to browse Halcyon forums LOL.

Also finding people with motivation, knowledge, eloquence and time to put out relevant content is like climbing Everest with your dick tied to your shoe tbh. Especially seeing as it'll be 100% volunteer work and places like Reddit have taken pride of place in the CSGO information serving world
    Exactly what I was trying to say but I cbf'd writing more than 20 words

10. Post
    I know m8, I got you

11. Post
    opaque wrote:
    I got you
    that's all I want.

12. Post
    I think the old stuff needs to go sooner rather than later so we can move forward. A CS History subforum would be a good place to store the unused clan forums.

New content is hard but tidying up the place by pushing relevant stuff to the forefront is a must.

13. Post
    prodavis wrote:
    I'd rather see Blind-Reaper as an OVERLORD with a few minions doing all the work.
    That's exactly how it's supposed to work ^_^

I agree with everything in your wall of text and since no one else has provided such specifics you should simply inform Blind-Reaper of what to remove and add forum wise. Then inform mods of what stickied threads need to be written.

Kov and halo are way more involved in the scene than myself and Blind-Reaper but have only recently been added as mods.

14. Post
    prodavis wrote:

I feel I have to respond to this specifically because I had a giant cry and whinge (over a year ago? can't find the posts) about someone cleaning up cs go to reflect the fact it's a new game and a quickly growing scene.

No one gave a **** or backed me up then and there were no admins to be seen so I have been frustrated with this fact for ages. Thankfully Tony is back and aware so we do, as a community, now have the power of a little self-determination.

I think what forum users don't realise is that as a moderator I can do sweet **** all other then interact with threads and ban dickheads who post stupid shit. I also (like Blind-Reaper) have a family and rl commitments so I don't have time to keep up with everything and when I asked for help with suggestions/direction no one stepped up. At that point I kinda gave up.

I might split this topic out of this thread because it seems like a good time to finally get something happening.

15. Post
    Mocksey wrote:
    I agree ^

We need the people who care enough about CS to have the power to make the changes we want around here.
    This point of confusion needs to be killed with fire - We do have people who are willing to do the work but the community/someone needs to direct it through the right channels.

16. Post
    Guilty, I said I'd do some shit. Then completely forgot and got wrapped up in competing.

Tonight I will make a thread for new comers to CS:GO and the CSNZ community. I'll even put fancy screen shots in it and everything. Active servers, how to do this and that etc. It'll be long and will take some time to make but I PROMISE MATE. Then you moderinos can add and subtract whatever you want

After that's done you can probably unsticky the GP Mumble & Servers & gp booking servers threads seeing as they have no relevance here anymore. (Mumble dead and RIP booking servers since ages ago)

17. Post
    Sweet, look forward to it. Will unsticky those now.

/edit: done - also unsticked the tourney thread.

18. Post
    olah wrote:
    +1
    aeth0r wrote:
    This point of confusion needs to be killed with fire - We do have people who are willing to do the work but the community/someone needs to direct it through the right channels.
    I just don't understand why admin can't be passed down to more active people who have time on their hands... mod seems like a half measure to me...

Instead of enabling the community to help itself, we need to... and here's the problem, do what exactly? PM our ideas to Blind? Post a suggestion thread in the admin sub forum?

So here's my first suggestion then: Create a change process - and post it publicly, so people have a clear and easy to use method to submit content and ideas. It could be something as simple as a thread with a template... or a template with instructions in the CSNZ admin sub forum.

Second: We should probably recreate the "CS:GO Players Match Making Thread" as a generic "CSNZ Player Details" thread - again, with a template, including ESEA profile links, Faceit etc... a lot of people don't play MM at all anymore, so it would be worthwhile to expand this, while also clearing out all the old information.

Opaque - include the Orcon TS details as a replacement - and feel free to chuck in my contact details for private channel requests.

19. Post
    Mocksey wrote:
    Second: We should probably recreate the "CS:GO Players Match Making Thread" as a generic "CSNZ Player Details" thread - again, with a template, including ESEA profile links, Faceit etc... a lot of people don't play MM at all anymore, so it would be worthwhile to expand this, while also clearing out all the old information.
    Legit good idea, further incentivises people to actually visit the thread if they want to find any type of information, would act as a miniature player profile/portal to that persons other profiles, and for recruiting teams etc they have quick access to someones previous team info, general skill level via RWS etc

I'm here to help with any type of graphics required for any of these threads or whatnot related to csnz

20. Post
    So I started laying everything out about 20 mins ago

I've come to realise

Maybe I'll extend my "it'll be finished" statement to Saturday

21. Post
    ^^ haha. At least you're doing it mate

22. Post
    opaquetheman

23. Post
    Mocksey wrote:
    I just don't understand why admin can't be passed down to more active people who have time on their hands... mod seems like a half measure to me...
    Take it up with the people who actually make these decisions? I think you will find you get no where fast because shit has just never worked that way.

admins have an immense amount of power which can facilitate fairly destructive actions. Again, they don't just hand it out to anyone which is fair enough - gpforums is now a commercial interest for its owners.

Blind-Reaper is part of the CS community and has been for a long time. If I were you I would focus more on the fact we have someone who will support us rather then the rest who will not.

Yes you're right there needs to be process and clear decisions but whether you have another CSNZ admin or not this still holds true. I just get a little annoyed with the fact people cry about this stuff but don't then actually do anything about it - Nothing has ever stopped anyone from creating threads for stuff then asking a mod to sticky it etc.

I personally think we need a community suggestions type thread - We could do polls etc or actually designate a bunch of ppl as a sort of committee - ppl like yourselves who are involved in the scene. From there actual action points for either the admin (Tony) or mods can filter out.

One last thing though - I still play mm and so do a fair few csnzers. I don't have the time or energy to be more involved in cs then that and tbh for a lot of older players that will hold true. So don't go forgetting the little ppl while you gaze out from your ivory tower. That's just a thought though and I don't actually care either way. I personally just didn't want csnz to die.

Look here. Very few people backed that up at the time even though I saw the need back then. So please don't imply that since myself or blind aren't elite esea players/wtf ever that we don't care. It's simply that you guys need to take the initiative and get organised with clear directives.

24. Post
    Maybe I suck at communicating, but I think you have me all wrong... ivory tower? lolwtf.

25. Post
    Don't take it personally man I don't actually think that about you just the topic really