1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    not interested in this game anymore but out of curiosity i clicked it in my library and for me PSN says the game is $129.95. can someone explain this to me?

3. Post
    Least it only shows up under Library (with option to turn it off), from the first article I saw bout this it sounded like it showed up on the main menu.

Cyrax78 wrote:
    not interested in this game anymore but out of curiosity i clicked it in my library and for me PSN says the game is $129.95. can someone explain this to me?
    Links to Destiny: The Taken King collectors edition which was released last month so its pricey. Can you even buy the original version on PSN? I don't see it listed...

4. Post
    It showed up on the Main Menu for me. First thing I did was delete it.

5. Post
    That's pretty invasive. Hopefully enough people kick up a stink about it and tell Sony to get ****ed - even with the option to turn it off.

6. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Links to Destiny: The Taken King collectors edition which was released last month so its pricey. Can you even buy the original version on PSN? I don't see it listed...
    I get it now thanks. I only clicked the link in library didnt realise was $115 edition I thought PSN was somehow more expensive just for me. nah I did search destiny only taken king shows up no original.

7. Post
    Rii wrote:
    That's pretty invasive. Hopefully enough people kick up a stink about it and tell Sony to get ****ed - even with the option to turn it off.
    yea man i agree with you on that, even if it's in "my library" section which i dont think many people actually use it's a couple steps away from loading up a game just to get ads for it.

8. Post
    In future Sony will only let you play the games it thinks you should like...

9. Post
    Companies - especially gaming ones - are getting cheekier and cheekier with this sort of crap. It won't end until they have authority to dock your pay directly from your employer for a product you might like.

10. Post
    I have seen similar with steam, a game might have a free weekend or week etc, and the game will show up in your list of games with "3 days left" beside it. I refuse to play them despite them being "free" for the duration simply on principle.
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

11. Post
    Sea Monkey wrote:
    I have seen similar with steam, a game might have a free weekend or week etc, and the game will show up in your list of games with "3 days left" beside it. I refuse to play them despite them being "free" for the duration simply on principle.
    With steam though its "Hey you might like this, its free for a few days, try it if you wish, and up to you from there if you drop it or buy it" and if you ignore it, its gone at the end of it, it doesnt pre install itself or do anything unless you ask it to,

With this one from Sony it sounds like it telling you "hey you might like this im downloading it for you now cough up some cash though and you can have a look at it"

12. Post
    What about the poor saps with data limits? Pre-downloads half your monthly allowance on stuff you may not want.

13. Post
    Do you suppose I can bill Sony for the data they use up that way?

14. Post
    Wertbag wrote:
    What about the poor saps with data limits? Pre-downloads half your monthly allowance on stuff you may not want.
    they would have to tick the box 1st in automatic downloads by default this option is turned off so no one should have a problem it downloading stuff.

15. Post
    Money, money, money, money, money......