1. Post
    Damn man wished I lived in your neighborhood I'd be banging down your door to give this a try. Let us know how the other games are, I've see the vids of Holopoint in action you'll lose weight playing it.

2. Post
    Thanks for the update, great to know about pricing. Soon vive, sooooon.

3. Post
    Can anyone translate this for me: "Opentrack version works with Runtime 1.3 if you have LibOVR installed"

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...runtime_13_if/

I need to use Opentrack, but it doesn't work with the 1.3/1.4 drivers yet. Apparently if you have LibOVR install it works - I'm confused as to what they mean by LibOVR?

4. Post
    Got my KS Rift last week. It's a very polished product, but I have only found myself play 1-2 hours on it. I had a DK1 prior to this so straight away it's a big step up. Oddly I found myself both thrilled and also underwhelmed.
    Vive arrived on Thursday and filled that void. Even with it's annoyances (sep. headphones is a pain) I found myself giddy. Walking around and interacting with your environment to me is what VR is about.
    I didn't want to buy a Vive - why would you when you're given a headset for free, but I'm semi glad I did so I could see the potential that VR has now rather than later when Touch comes out. I say semi glad because my experience with HTC as a whole has left me not wishing to deal with them again. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues with the headset going forward.
    We're at the beginning of the journey which is both exciting but frustrating. Exciting because it's all new, frustrating as it's still early days and the number of quality VR experiences is numbered.

5. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Damn man wished I lived in your neighborhood I'd be banging down your door to give this a try. Let us know how the other games are, I've see the vids of Holopoint in action you'll lose weight playing it.
    Haha I'm living in a uni dorm so you wouldn't be the first.

Honestly I need to retry a lot of the stuff I've played as it turns out I do need glasses while playing. I thought I could get away without using any, as it's pretty annoying to wear them.
    Nope, found out why text was so blurry and unreadable.

Space Pirate Trainer - amazing, difficult. Made my 980 ti skip frames if I played too long, I'll see how it is after I overclock it.

The Blu - conflicted with this. It's brilliant as a demo to introduce people to the Vive's capabilities, but way expensive for like 10 mins of content.

Holoball - great, caused my first accident of smashing a controller onto the low part of the roof. It's fine thankfully.

Audioshield - really fun, sorta repetitive though. I never really liked Audiosurf.

Job Simulator - good as it uses the controllers very well, but I honestly find it a bit too mundane so far.

Project Cars - bought a g25 racing wheel just for this. Needs way more optimisation though, I have to play on pretty much lowest graphics, which really takes away from the experience.

I'm really bad with horror games, movies etc, and jumpscares. The knights in Holopoint terrified me. Because of this I haven't played Brookhaven or Budget Cuts yet, will do eventually.

Wish I had a bigger room - it's too small for Vanishing Realms.

Jesus Christ my assignments are killing me I just want to play on my Vive

Rom wrote:
    Got my KS Rift last week. It's a very polished product, but I have only found myself play 1-2 hours on it. I had a DK1 prior to this so straight away it's a big step up. Oddly I found myself both thrilled and also underwhelmed.
    Vive arrived on Thursday and filled that void. Even with it's annoyances (sep. headphones is a pain) I found myself giddy. Walking around and interacting with your environment to me is what VR is about.
    I didn't want to buy a Vive - why would you when you're given a headset for free, but I'm semi glad I did so I could see the potential that VR has now rather than later when Touch comes out. I say semi glad because my experience with HTC as a whole has left me not wishing to deal with them again. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues with the headset going forward.
    We're at the beginning of the journey which is both exciting but frustrating. Exciting because it's all new, frustrating as it's still early days and the number of quality VR experiences is numbered.
    I'm lucky in that I already had decent closed headphones, but the long windy cable they have is a pain - I have to tuck it in to my pants in any fairly active game.
    Also lucky in that I had no real problems with my order, I just dread the day I need to replace something.
    I'm so eager for a wide variety of fully fledged games, as opposed to the current generally arcade-esque selection.

6. Post

7. Post
    really good value considering you can grab two of these for half the price of a 1080 and for more performance

8. Post
    Be interesting to see how that works out as I haven't seen much mention of Crossfire/SLI working well with that side of things.

9. Post
    Currently sli + VR = no no.

In a lot of VR titles you get better performance by disabling the 2nd card.

Hopefully DX12 can change this once it becomes mainstream.

10. Post
    elemunk wrote:
    Currently sli + VR = no no.

In a lot of VR titles you get better performance by disabling the 2nd card.

Hopefully DX12 can change this once it becomes mainstream.
    This is indeed the case. It's why I'll be switching my pair of GTX 970s for a single GTX 1080 at some point.

In other news, my Vive should arrive at a depot tomorrow, perfect for me to pick up after work and enjoy over the weekend. As for Virtuix Omni... that's probably months away. Judging by the most recent update, I'll probably get mine in Oct, or Sep if I'm really lucky.

11. Post
    GhoX wrote:
    This is indeed the case. It's why I'll be switching my pair of GTX 970s for a single GTX 1080 at some point.

In other news, my Vive should arrive at a depot tomorrow, perfect for me to pick up after work and enjoy over the weekend. As for Virtuix Omni... that's probably months away. Judging by the most recent update, I'll probably get mine in Oct, or Sep if I'm really lucky.
    Nice! I'm only a week or so away from ordering mine, can't wait. Can you keep us/me updated regarding custom fees if you get stung by them?

12. Post
    So far I'm getting fully blown away.

The only thing that's slightly bothersome are my glasses. They work fine, more than fine, but I feel I can go for even more FOV. Anyone have had experience wearing contact lenses while using VR headsets? Do they fog up?

13. Post
    Great news on getting fully blown away. I'm waiting for the PSVR out in October.

So how long do people go before feeling the weight of the headset, if that's an issue? And do you get any eyestrain? Basically I'd like to know how long a headset can be worn before issues set in. 1 hour, 2 hours, as long as you want?

14. Post
    I wear my Rift for hours and hours without issue. I do take the odd tea/biscuit break though

15. Post
    CC charged for rift

wasn't expecting that to happen for another month

now just need to buy a graphics card...

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    really good value considering you can grab two of these for half the price of a 1080 and for more performance
    I wouldn't buy two of these expecting seamless VR compatibility. It's tough enough getting the most out of two cards without VR. I'm not doing that again. I'm selling my 2 x R290 cards if anyone is interested. One card is pretty much minimum spec for VR.

My rift has been shipped! I'm getting giddy with gamage excitement for the first time since... well probably since I ordered a gamecube from the states in 2001.

17. Post

18. Post
    Yea it's awesome to see a huge AAA company get in behind VR at this early stage.

My Vive is on it's way to me currently, longest wait ever.

19. Post

20. Post
    OSVR looks interesting (and cheap!)

21. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    OSVR looks interesting (and cheap!)
    I kinda doubt that it will offer the same quality as Vive, but at this point the market seriously needs some different tiers of products. The gap between Gear and Rift/Vive is far far too great, the former quite capable of making most people falsely believe that Gear is all VR can offer.

Open source is definitely a very good approach, and my understanding is that OSVR is compatible with Vive software-wise.

22. Post
    Know someone who has an OSVR in the US (game dev), he says quality is the same as the vive/rift as far as the screen goes.

23. Post
    I just ordered a Vive. Feels truly horrible spending so much money at once, there is always something $1500+ could be better used on, but I think it is important to support VR now and enjoy these early days.

I have a Rift DK1 all packaged up nicely in its box. I almost bought the Rift but the Vive stole my attention with room scale. I'm also not a fan of Facebook, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissatisfied with Mark Zuckerberg's data-mining-tentacles sliming their way through VR.

24. Post
    Ammonite wrote:
    I just ordered a Vive. Feels truly horrible spending so much money at once, there is always something $1500+ could be better used on, but I think it is important to support VR now and enjoy these early days.

I have a Rift DK1 all packaged up nicely in its box. I almost bought the Rift but the Vive stole my attention with room scale. I'm also not a fan of Facebook, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissatisfied with Mark Zuckerberg's data-mining-tentacles sliming their way through VR.
    I spend about that much on a camera lens, so this is not that bad. In fact I thought it's kinda cheap for what we're getting.

God dam my rift is just up the road at the FedEx airport station but I can't get it. How long now I wonder.

25. Post
    silvereye wrote:
    I spend about that much on a camera lens, so this is not that bad. In fact I thought it's kinda cheap for what we're getting.

God dam my rift is just up the road at the FedEx airport station but I can't get it. How long now I wonder.
    People on Reddit have been picking up there vives/rifts from fedex depots? Have you tried calling them and asking if you can?