1. Post
    i've never seen a rift at a retailer, you buy them from www.oculus.com

2. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find an Oculus rift? All I can find are Vive's. None of the major NZ retailers seem to stock Rift anymore.
    Just buy the Vive instead?

3. Post

4. Post
    Vic wrote:
    Where can I buy USB 3.0 active extension cables in NZ? I bought some on ebay but they're unreliable, shows up as USB 2.0 and sometimes 3.0. Both work in 2.0 but when I plug them and my Oculus HMD into a USB hub everything goes tits up, HMD and sensors drop in/out, yet they all work fine when I plug directly into the hub so it's not that or my PC at fault.

All the extension cables people recommend on the forums and reddit are a rip, such as the monoprice cables which cost $82usd for shipping alone. There's gotta be a reasonable option somewhere. There are more options on ebay but they might all be as unreliable as the ones I bought already.
    http://www.madisontech.com.au/produc...ion-cable.html
    I couldn't find a price though.

5. Post
    Amazon is often good for that sort of thing too. Check reviews etc
    https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation...n%2Bcable&th=1
    ~$30 delivered.

6. Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx5DV5zFKlU
    Vive pro not his cup of tea.

7. Post

If this games any good i might have to buy a VR headset.

8. Post
    Dam its for oculus..

9. Post
    Just did the steam VR test on my computer, and it isnt capable of even playing low grade VR.

Am I right in thinking though, watching VR videos thru youtube's VR channel shouldnt be an issue.

My computer was just bought new this year, its not a gaming computer.

10. Post
    VR is quite demanding on your GPU, what card do you have? if it's not a gaming computer it won't be enough. VR youtube videos are just 360 or stereoscopic videos.

btw Beat Saber is probably the most fun I've ever had in VR.

11. Post
    That looks like heaps of fun!

I just ordered an Occulus Go to dip my toe in to VR. I'll be building a new high-end PC in few weeks though, so will grab a proper headset if I don't get bad motion sickness.

12. Post
    so the Occulus go is not a proper headset?, i'm not sure myself on which one to get Vive or Occulus or something else, are those pimax ones any good?

13. Post
    Pimax has no built in tracker, iirc they might not support native 4k/8k stereo 3d, you run HD and they upscale, and I've heard the build quality is a bit meh.

14. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    so the Occulus go is not a proper headset?
    It is basically the same as the Samsung Gear VR, just with the phone guts built in and better optics than any of the existing headsets - it is most likely to be the first VR headset to get mainstream adoption.

Considering there are already over 1000 apps for the Gear VR that are compatible, that isn't a bad thing (plus there is another 100 designed just for the Go). It is a seated VR experience, if you are wanting one for gaming with full motion controls, then you want one of the other headsets and a decent gaming PC to hook it up to.

The Go can only handle mobile level games. But then again it is also portable like one - battery life is around 2 hours.

15. Post
    Thanks for the info.

16. Post
    No worries. I'll let you know what I think of it when mine arrives in a week or two.

17. Post
    Yeah Beat Saber looks insane