Results 701 to 725 of 734

  1. Post
    Just got a Quest, arrived in just under a week. Its awesome except it has a very strong new car smell and I'm not sure if its that or the VR thats giving me a headache

  2. Post
    I get headaches from that new car smell (VOCs) but I also felt nauseous after playing games with smooth movement/locomotion in the first 1-2 months. Just sway your head/body the same way your in-game body is moving and your brain will begin to adjust. After a few weeks you can stop moving as much and the nausea will ease gradually.

  3. Post
    Or play less intense games until you are used to it.

    I felt quite ill with FallOut4 to start with, it is getting better, but in between times I played VR Golf and Project Cars2. The moment is easier on both of those. Hopefully I can get into FO4 soon as it was on of the main reasons for going VR.

  4. Post
    I had a mate try out a few VR games that had you moving about and he was fine, as soon as I put him inside a car he instantly felt sick. It is best to start out in like 20 minute bouts and work up to getting your VR legs.

  5. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I had a mate try out a few VR games that had you moving about and he was fine, as soon as I put him inside a car he instantly felt sick. It is best to start out in like 20 minute bouts and work up to getting your VR legs.
    Yup im the same, bought VR for my sim rig, can play any game under the sun and not feel oozy at all, as soon as I get behind my rig I cant make 5mins.

  6. Post
    He also hates takeoff in jets, and basically buries his head waiting for it to be over, whilst I am sitting there like a giddy kid.

    I did find it took more of toll on me initially though, it helps to focus more down the road. Also, it is super important to make sure your settings are low enough that you can maintain a steady 90FPS. I can do a couple of hours of VR driving now before I need to stop, and I am usually mentally fatigued at that point.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 24th August 2019 at 2:36 pm. Reason: typo

  7. Post
    Have a fan blowing on your face. Helps heaps.

  8. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Have a fan blowing on your face. Helps heaps.
    I must give this a try.

  9. Post
    I'm after a 2x Vive base station (sensor) wall mounts if anybody has seen anything suitable. I know they take a standard 1/4 - 20 camera mount, but I haven't seen anything similar.

    Basically I just want the same as the stock ones... Thanks.

  10. Post
    Got a pair of these.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/oth...ef475252a8-003

    - - - Updated - - -

    Got a pair of these.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/other/listing-2281276194.htm?rsqid=e4b7a7febea34904843186ef475252a8-003

  11. Post
    Thanks dickytim, that is literally what I bought yesterday afternoon

  12. Post
    Had a bit of a play on VTOL using HTV Vive the other day. It was a lot of fun, but I did find that doing loops, rolls, and high G turns got me a bit dizzy. I didn't get nauseous, but didn't feel quite right.

  13. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    Had a bit of a play on VTOL using HTV Vive the other day. It was a lot of fun, but I did find that doing loops, rolls, and high G turns got me a bit dizzy. I didn't get nauseous, but didn't feel quite right.
    That sounds like my first time on VR. I was dizzy, and my head wasn't right all night! But it does get better, a lot of people give up on VR early, but if you do a bit at a time I think most people can get used to it.

  14. Post
    I definately thinking about selling/trading my CV1 for a Quest, I jsut really want to be free from cables even if I lose quality.

  15. Post
    I got a rift S to replace my CV1. I only use if for racing and flying, mostly racing. I have to say I was pretty dissapointed in it. It was clear in parts but I have a wide IPD at 68 so I had to always put up with a blurry picture withing my peripheral vision.

    A lot of guys I talk to got the index and talked me in to it. On of them sent me one over from the UK. Unbelievable the difference. the adjustable lenses is one thing but I wasnt expecting such a large FOV which has finally taken away the feeling of looking down a toilet paper roll.

  16. Post
    Chomp wrote:
    I got a rift S to replace my CV1. I only use if for racing and flying, mostly racing. I have to say I was pretty dissapointed in it. It was clear in parts but I have a wide IPD at 68 so I had to always put up with a blurry picture withing my peripheral vision.

    A lot of guys I talk to got the index and talked me in to it. On of them sent me one over from the UK. Unbelievable the difference. the adjustable lenses is one thing but I wasnt expecting such a large FOV which has finally taken away the feeling of looking down a toilet paper roll.
    Interesting, I never had an issue with the CV1 FOV, but it would be nice to try a bigger one.

  17. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Interesting, I never had an issue with the CV1 FOV, but it would be nice to try a bigger one.
    I was happy enough with the CV1 FOV and a bit dissapointed with the slightly smaller one on the rift S. The clarity on the S is much improved over the CV1 but it was the fixed IPD that killed it for me in the end.


    I only moved away from it to get an image that wasn't so blurred on the edge as with my IPD I am obviously looking through only a partial area of the good part of the lens.


    The other things I have noted is that 120Hz in racing is fantastic if you can pull it off all the time, if not you can set it to 90 or 80. 80Hz, the same as the rift S seems smoother in racing with the index than it did in the rift. I guess something to do with the different panels.

  18. Post
    Well the Cosmos at $1399 is an overpriced disappointment. Ships in 3 weeks.

  19. Post
    I’d pay that, it’s better than the rift s

  20. Post
    That still doesn't counter the fact it is overpriced and an underwhelming incremental upgrade with the same limted FOV. The Rift S is an entry level headset - that is priced accordingly at least.

  21. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    That still doesn't counter the fact it is overpriced and an underwhelming incremental upgrade with the same limted FOV. The Rift S is an entry level headset - that is priced accordingly at least.
    Do you know of a better inside out tracking headset?

    The Cosmos actually can do both inside out and outside in tracking if you buy base stations and can be used without wires

  22. Post
    Looks pretty much perfect to my needs, think ill wait a few years until its ~$700 NZ ish, thats my 'value' limit for VR.

  23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Do you know of a better inside out tracking headset?

    The Cosmos actually can do both inside out and outside in tracking if you buy base stations and can be used without wires
    You have to spend hundreds more for the wireless adapter and on top of that some more for the adapter to make that work with the Cosmos, as it is the old one and isn't directly compatible with it. And then you'd also have to buy the module for using the base stations instead of the cameras if you wanted that too

  24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Do you know of a better inside out tracking headset?

    The Cosmos actually can do both inside out and outside in tracking if you buy base stations and can be used without wires
    All the feedback I've heard from friends using the S is the tracking is good.

    Which headsets do you actually own?

  25. Post
    DiRT Rally is free on steam til 4am I think.
    Haven't been able to install it because of a glitch but I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs streaming to the quest